Student exchange programme: Indian students enjoy Karachi's endless ch

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
KARACHI: Like so many visitors from across the border, the six students from Ajmer find India and Pakistan similar in many ways. It is, however, the food in Karachi – especially the variety of chicken dishes – that these boys are enjoying the most.

The Centre for Advanced Studies (CAS) school welcomed Adiraj Singh, Shreyan Goyal, Somesh Gupta, Tejasvi Mahajan, Muhammad Daniyal and Rohan Nawal from Ajmer's Mayo College for Boys on December 3. The boys are in the city for a week on a student exchange programme through the Nelson Mandela Peace Fellowship.

Their hosts in the city, Zain Asad, Hasan Halai, Kamil Abbas, Zurain Munshi, Khizar Dara and Yousuf Adnan Farooqui, welcomed them at the airport along with their parents and teachers. Half-way through the trip, the hosts are excited for the upcoming learning-modules sessions, and trips around the city.

Mayo College is a boarding school and these boys only get to meet their parents once or twice a year. "Perhaps that is why we are not feeling too homesick," said Adiraj, who hails from Gurgaon in Haryana.

"It is just like India," said Tejasvi, in a manner that truly reflected his boarding school demeanour. For him, the rivalry between the two countries was not an issue that concerns the general population. "Nothing can be achieved with wars, though few [officials] at both sides of the border stretch their imagination to this end," he said, adding that "we can sort out more by exchanging views and love with each other".

Vijendra Singh Kanwar

The visiting boys found Karachi less crowded and polluted compared to Delhi and other Indian cities, but that is perhaps because they have hardly ventured out of Defence Housing Authority. They have, nevertheless, managed to make their hosts excited about visiting Mayo College's campus. "After hearing about all the sports facilities, including the shooting range and football grounds, I really can't wait to be there," said Zain Asad.

Mayo College housemaster Vijendra Singh Kanwar also accompanied the students. He admitted that he had security concerns till the last minute but the warm welcome that they received made him comfortable. "I strongly believe that the rivalry is only between our politicians and diplomats," he said. "This [rivalry] is not my issue, and this is not an issue for a common Indian or a Pakistani."

Kanwar was grateful to the high commissions of both, India and Pakistan, for this opportunity. "I request to them on my personal behalf to please allow the kids to come and go freely."

On Friday, CAS principal Sami Mustafa also presented fellowship certificates to the visiting students. The students also received a pile of books, including the school yearbook from 2011. The programme began in September, 2011, when nine students of the CAS school visited Mayo College for the first time. They are planning their second trip to Ajmer in 2013.

Published in The Express Tribune, December 8th, 2012.

Student exchange programme: Indian students enjoy Karachi's endless chicken varieties – The Express Tribune

pmaitra

Re: Student exchange programme: Indian students enjoy Karachi's endles

Student exchange programmes are good and must be encouraged, but at the right time.

I think Pakistan needs to make sure their own children are made into good students, and most importantly, their youth is directed into productive activities, so that young people don't turn up into someone like Kasab.

Sorry if I sound mean, but I don't think this is the right time for Pakistan to do these things.

Rage

DFI TEAM

Excellent. Exchange programs are a great way to gain a peak into each others' lives, culture and ideals. Believe it or not, some of the greatest individuals of our time have been shaped by exchange programs.

From various sources I've gleaned that, despite relations not having fully normalised, India and Pakistan are collaborating in a variety of fields from electoral monitoring and methods to food technology.

However, and I will state this, if Pakistan wants to fully gain from the co-operation that is possible between the two countries, it will have to do more to tackle terror. We have the potential to be your most gainful ally in the field of technology transfer in everything from climate change to farming, education, telecom, traffic systems, aviation and hospitals: we've seen, first hand, how technology has changed our lives in each of these- because the unique challenges we face are indigenous to this part of the world.

pmaitra

Excellent. Exchange programs are a great way to gain a peak into each others' lives, culture and ideals. Believe it or not, some of the greatest individuals of our time have been shaped by exchange programs.

From various sources I've gleaned that, despite relations not having fully normalised, India and Pakistan are collaborating in a variety of fields from electoral monitoring and methods to food technology.

However, and I will state this, if Pakistan wants to fully gain from the co-operation that is possible between the two countries, it will have to do more to tackle terror. We have the potential to be your most gainful ally in the field of technology transfer in everything from climate change to farming, education, telecom, traffic systems, aviation and hospitals: we've seen, first hand, how technology has changed our lives in each of these- because the unique challenges we face are indigenous to this part of the world.
You said it better than I.

Rage

DFI TEAM

India can cope with this disaster much better and Pakistan can benefit a great deal from Indian trade.

We should bury the hatchet, embrace the Indian miracle and accept India as the senior partner.
Changing global dynamics and Pakistan | DAWN.COM
That's clearly not the way to go about convincing a Pakistani. Even if it is, from a Pakistani newspaper.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

well in 2004 student from my college and Principal visited christian medical college

if they had to visit again.i will come as well

devgupt

Country flag

That's clearly not the way to go about convincing a Pakistani. Even if it is, from a Pakistani newspaper.

Er- its a letter written to Dawn by a Pakistani who is already convinced!!.

Blackwater

KARACHI: Like so many visitors from across the border, the six students from Ajmer find India and Pakistan similar in many ways. It is, however, the food in Karachi – especially the variety of chicken dishes – that these boys are enjoying the most.

The Centre for Advanced Studies (CAS) school welcomed Adiraj Singh, Shreyan Goyal, Somesh Gupta, Tejasvi Mahajan, Muhammad Daniyal and Rohan Nawal from Ajmer's Mayo College for Boys on December 3. The boys are in the city for a week on a student exchange programme through the Nelson Mandela Peace Fellowship.

Their hosts in the city, Zain Asad, Hasan Halai, Kamil Abbas, Zurain Munshi, Khizar Dara and Yousuf Adnan Farooqui, welcomed them at the airport along with their parents and teachers. Half-way through the trip, the hosts are excited for the upcoming learning-modules sessions, and trips around the city.

Mayo College is a boarding school and these boys only get to meet their parents once or twice a year. "Perhaps that is why we are not feeling too homesick," said Adiraj, who hails from Gurgaon in Haryana.

"It is just like India," said Tejasvi, in a manner that truly reflected his boarding school demeanour. For him, the rivalry between the two countries was not an issue that concerns the general population. "Nothing can be achieved with wars, though few [officials] at both sides of the border stretch their imagination to this end," he said, adding that "we can sort out more by exchanging views and love with each other".

Vijendra Singh Kanwar

The visiting boys found Karachi less crowded and polluted compared to Delhi and other Indian cities, but that is perhaps because they have hardly ventured out of Defence Housing Authority. They have, nevertheless, managed to make their hosts excited about visiting Mayo College's campus. "After hearing about all the sports facilities, including the shooting range and football grounds, I really can't wait to be there," said Zain Asad.

Mayo College housemaster Vijendra Singh Kanwar also accompanied the students. He admitted that he had security concerns till the last minute but the warm welcome that they received made him comfortable. "I strongly believe that the rivalry is only between our politicians and diplomats," he said. "This [rivalry] is not my issue, and this is not an issue for a common Indian or a Pakistani."

Kanwar was grateful to the high commissions of both, India and Pakistan, for this opportunity. "I request to them on my personal behalf to please allow the kids to come and go freely."

On Friday, CAS principal Sami Mustafa also presented fellowship certificates to the visiting students. The students also received a pile of books, including the school yearbook from 2011. The programme began in September, 2011, when nine students of the CAS school visited Mayo College for the first time. They are planning their second trip to Ajmer in 2013.

Published in The Express Tribune, December 8th, 2012.

Student exchange programme: Indian students enjoy Karachi's endless chicken varieties – The Express Tribune

Indians must be shocked to see arabic and turkish culture in karachi

Theek ha bhai????

Rage

DFI TEAM

One Pakistani. Absoloutely. But do you think it would convince the average Pakistani engaged in any of these fields- or the bureaucracy- steeped in a military culture that places pride over rational sensibleness?

well in 2004 student from my college and Principal visited christian medical college

Where is Christian Medical College?

Last edited:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

well i second RAGE here

the problem is such people lke the letter writer or the Nadeem farooq paracha or similar
existed even in the past.and exist now bt in minute numbers

Black Blood

Tihar Jail
Banned

It will be interesting, too hear the opinions of the exchange students.

Blackwater

what is ur college name???

dara-ul madrasa college:p:p

devgupt

Country flag

well i second RAGE here

the problem is such people lke the letter writer or the Nadeem farooq paracha or similar
existed even in the past.and exist now bt in minute numbers
That explains why Pakistan economy is now getting ready to become the third biggest economy in South Asia.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

That explains why Pakistan economy is now getting ready to become the third biggest economy in South Asia.
third biggest?
well pak already is at 2nd

i think you mean first biggest

Phenom

He's saying your economy is going in reverse.

At this rate Bangladesh may over take Pakistan in the long term, if the current trend continues.

Blackwater

third biggest?
well pak already is at 2nd

i think you mean first biggest

jive jive pakistan. Yeah kaisa tha bhai:thumb::thumb:

abingdonboy

Country flag

They must enjoy the endless bombings and sectarian killing too!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles