Stop violence against Christians in Karnataka

Iamanidiot

@LT sir the church is not a single entity there are factions in the Indian set-up .Each fighting for its own faction the Catholic church is not exactly pro-American

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
I think its also safe to say that people who convert weren't hindus other than in name ? Because why would a believing person convert unless a gun is placed on his head ?

Why dont these missionaries ever come to me ? I will tell them so many faults in the bible that they will start frowning like mad men. :lol:
Religion has to be a personal choice and often it's chosen when there is no choice unless somone gives religion much importance or a way to elightment and getting answers of his questions.Having discussed the religion with friends of diferent cultural backgrounds and religion and there are some answers which are not aptly asnwered by their books.Do this because book said so but why ...what's the reason... what's the logic... etc etc they fail to get satisfying answers.A lot of them practice this as they don't have any choice.Since some had no economic issues they simply converted to other religions and some simply studied and got their answers without converting.

Today missionaries are exploiting the poverty in some regions through money and the people have no option but to convert as poverty is a bigger issue than religion.

Violence against any religion is wrong and has to be stopped but at the same time exploitation needs to be stopped as well.Right wingers should see the root cause and try to eliminate it rather than using violence as a tool and bringing bad name to their religion or a specific group.

Iamanidiot

As long as Hinduism does not transfer the hands of Brahmins to the more Plebian bunch such as the backward castes and scheduled tribes the Church will be unopposed.India on the whole needs a bhakti movement which is bottom to top movement which swept TN

lemontree

Professional
Not anti Indian, but pro Western interest. When interest align there will be no protests, if we buy loads of American reactors and change the liability laws, the protestors will vanish
I doubt it. The priests here are Catholic if I am not mistaken. No Americanese influence here.
You've got to be kidding me :rolleyes:

Where was the Church when the plant was under construction ?
The project has faced agitation since 1988.
Our 2004 tsunami and the tsunami caused disaster in Fukushima have caused the agitation to be more aggressive.

lemontree

Professional
Today missionaries are exploiting the poverty in some regions through money and the people have no option but to convert as poverty is a bigger issue than religion.
Most extablished missionaries use service as tool to show case the good of their teachings: Example: The Jesuits - they were educationalists. The best schools and colleges in India are still run by them. The Franciscan monks - they too established schools that dot the country. Many others established hospitals, leper homes, homes for the destitute etc.

Earlier the clergy was made up of members of the aristocratic society. Those who could donate land etc. So you had priests and nuns from well to do family. They when that source dwindled, they went to Kerela & Mangalore - these areas were poor and the people saw the clergyhood as a means to escape the dirt poverty. Today even these areas are dwindling in the source of clergy material due to the spread of economic prosperity and increasing opportunity for employment. Today the clergy are coming from Bihar and Jharkhand.

So were the society can provide economic shelters for the members - there shall be no "dubious" conversions.

Reactions: sob

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
I doubt it. The priests here are Catholic if I am not mistaken. No Americanese influence here.

The project has faced agitation since 1988.
Our 2004 tsunami and the tsunami caused disaster in Fukushima have caused the agitation to be more aggressive.
I used the term 'Western' and used America only as an example. Im not sure why you're denying the obvious foreign influence in these protests.

NPCIL Chief has said it

Koodankulam: NPCIL sees foreign hand

Foreign activists are playing a major role in the protests against the Koodankulam nuclear power plant in Tamil Nadu, which was scheduled to go critical in the next two months, Nuclear Power Corporation of India (NPCIL) chief S K Jain said on Friday.
Kalam said the same
http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/article2601471.ece?homepage=true
The economically developed world has a well-trained habit of presenting their success in a distorted context to misguide emerging nations like India, which are a potential challenge to their neo-age proxy-imperial economic subjugation. What is needed for our India, we Indians have to decide.

Ditto for PMO

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article2621634.ece

V. Narayanasamy, Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office, said on Saturday that the anti-Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project (KKNP) agitation was being funded by foreign agencies.

Last edited:

lemontree

Professional
I used the term 'Western' and used America only as an example. Im not sure why you're denying the obvious foreign influence in these protests.

NPCIL Chief has said it

Koodankulam: NPCIL sees foreign hand
I have not seen the proof yet.
Besides the site is in a sismic zone and they have already experienced one deadly tsunami in 2004.

I would take it with a pinch of salt. Why would a western nation want to stall a development that began in 1988 (cold war era)? Which are these agencies that are funding the protests?
Do they have a financial trail? then expose it. BTW the Russians refute the claim.

My personal opinion - I vote for solar power more that nuclear power. The Germans plan to phase out their nuclear reactors in 11 years.

Last edited:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
I have not seen the proof yet.
Besides the site is in a sismic zone and they have already experienced one deadly tsunami in 2004.

I would take it with a pinch of salt. Why would a western nation want to stall a development that began in 1988 (cold war era)?
They would look for business at a new project, would they!?
That region does not rest on a meeting points of tectonic plates like Japan, also safeguards have already been put in place

Anyways, I would trust the word's of eminent nuclear scientists and senior politicians/bureaucrats over hippies/communists/religious leaders

My personal opinion - I vote for solar power more that nuclear power. The Germans plan to phase out their nuclear reactors in 11 years.
Germany actually imports electricity from power surplus France (nuclear energy). It's just going to bump up their import bill

Last edited:

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Stones were pelted on Mangaluru church by disgruntled former employee, say police

The News Minute| March 10, 2015| 5.00 pm IST The Mangaluru police have arrested a person in connection to the stone-pelting incident that took place at the St Joseph Vaz prayer centre in Panir late last month. A glass frame housing a statue of Mother Mary and Infant Jesus was damaged in the incident which took place on the night of February 24. The arrested person has been identified as Ananda (30), a resident of Ukkuda, Kinya. "The man was working with the church till a month ago and he was unhappy with the pay. He was drunk that night and was the one who threw stones at the prayer centre." Police Commissioner S Murugan told The News Minute.

Ananda, a painter by profession, was arrested on March 9 and sent to judicial custody the next day. The investigation of the case was taken up by the ACP south, on the instructions issued by the police commissioner and a special team was constituted. The Commissioner also said that the Panir incident was a random act, but that it had got attention from the public and was given a communal color. "The media gave it a communal color, now the media needs to clarify," he added.

Stones were pelted on Mangaluru church by disgruntled former employee, say police

PrashantAzazel

Why can't the rss and other right wingers counter Christianity with their own propaganda instead of violence?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
GoI needs to start prosecuting these RSS terrorists.
RSS are proud nationalists and not terrorists.

We respect them for their courage and sacrifices they have made.

There are a few who have gone overboard.

I don't support terrorism, but these attacks are no different than Christian terrorism against non-Christians in northeast and naxal belts of India.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Why can't the rss and other right wingers counter Christianity with their own propaganda instead of violence?
Xtians commit more violence than RSS could ever do it.

You guys sitting in big cities have no clue what is going on in the Red belt and northeast.

Come here and see, what is being done; it will make RSS' anger look like charity.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Try again...you said "Missionaries who fund and incite violence against non-Christians in the North East." The NSCN-IM and the NLFT are insurgent groups not church missionaries.

So why has'nt any action been taken against the Baptist church head in India?
The fact is that the Baptist church has a lot of influence over the people of the north-east. For example: When the NNC decided to send the first batch of Naga rebels to China, the powerful Baptist Church was upset with the rebel leaders. The NNC as well as the NSCN, which is led by the China-trained Thuingaleng Muivah (who continues to revere Mao Zedong and Zhou Enlai as the "greatest leaders of the century"), have subsequently
made conscious efforts to appease the church.... (ref: Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies Homepage Ethnicity, Ideology and Religion: Separatist Movements in India's Northeast by Subir Bhaumik)
And these church agencies as you know are hand in glove with NSCM and NSCN whose ideology is 'Nagaland for christ' a separate christian country like Philippines.

It is weird but Church's nexus with naxals and communist terrorists is really there.

The rebels see it as a Bengali festival,..in the north-east the Bengali trader has the same status as a Sindhi trader in the rest of India. In the early 80's when the Mizo insurgency was on, there was a major back lash against Bengali's, even Bengali para-military and army personal were not spared.

There is very little you know of the north-east.
What about attacks against officials working from non-bengal parts of the country?

I know a very close friend of mine who is from Rajasthan and whose relative got cut to pieces and sent to his wife by these animals.

Bengali traders are also Miyas who have created more problems but no one has the balls to target them because they hit back.

Sorry, mate. He may not know much about our northeast region but having traveled to Nagaland often, I have seen this bias.

I am from Sikkim; but the moment they know I am not Christian, many people there have this weird expression on their face.

Is it because I am Bengali too?

Defending these X-tian fascists is not something regional.

I know that in our region Bengali traders are disliked due to their total businessmindedness, but targeting Hindus and non-Christians in general is wrong.

Plain and simple.

Mind you, had Church not been allowed since the beginning, this won't have gone so bad.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
We already had this discussion. No one points a gun at their head or threatens them with violence to convert. It is their own CHOICE. There is no Inquisition or Crusaders murdering Hindus to scare them to convert. On the other-hand, RSS is stiring up violence against Christians. That is terrorism and the instigators must be prosecuted. The anti-conversion law is unconstitutional as stated by the High Court... "If I am dying and I want to change my religion, will I wait for some babu to tell me I can do it?"

Your feelings towards evangelicals are irrelevant. What matters is freedom to CHOOSE.

Conversion is not allowed en masse by the Constitution of India.

Plain and simple.

And we won't tolerate it.

Anti-conversion law is not at all unconstitutional. In fact, it was mulled only after the Churches had asked for it SINCE GHAR WAPSI started.

They got shit scared as many duped ex-Christians told their story to media about how they were lied to about money and converted.

You need to get the full picture of the perspective.

It is unconstitutional if the person individually converting is barred from it.

But when shit like this happen:

Then we will naturally get angry.

Here's the thing:

We don't want your Middle Eastern religion; We don't want your charity.

We don't need your empathy. Deal with it.

Here's an idea; why not send your Church to Iraq, Syria and Saudi Arabia?

Scared that your people might not return in one piece?

Or is it a cue that we eastern faiths also have to take to defend our ancient traditions?

Last edited:

gaurav96

Maverick
Problem in Mangalore isnt due to local Christians but these missionaries from outside like Orissa,Kerala and even overseas.They try to convert you,mock your Gods,faith and religion.Even try to vandalise Community Temples leading to Flare-Ups.I myself have been urged to convert to Christianity by these outsiders more than once.Their actions disgust even local Christians there

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles