Slander posted against Indian Navy on reddit

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Well this slander is only a preview of the shape of things to come

As IAF and IN become bigger and stronger ; thereby projecting POWER from the SUEZ TO SOUTH CHINA SEA
Both IAF and IN will face ugly rhetoric

By 2020 IAF and IN will cause a LOT of HEART BURNING

3 Carriers ; 5 Nuclear submarines Many Destroyers frigates ,LPD s ; Top class Brahmos and Nirbhay
And on the IAF side , PAK FA ; MMRCA ; SU 30 Mki and LCA mk2

So there will be a lot to things , to be jealous about ,for our enemies
One only needs to see the media in the west and how they had a wankfest over the commonwealth games.

When west starts making fun and rubbishing you then you are on the right path of progress.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Guys, that poster doesn't look fake. I've gone through most of the thread, and he seems very knowledgeable about USN ships and also their technical jargon. He has posted this photo as proof:

http://i.imgur.com/AYdIZ.jpg

pmaitra

Could be a pacqui in disguise ?
Most of the posters are definitely not from Pakistan. Maybe the original poster is. Just look at the language and the use of idioms. That is my reasonable guess.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
I am not sure why we need to bother about any of this. The internet is full of BS and Pakis have very little in life except to slander India. I would not even bother to read the crap and waste my time.
I advise the forum members do not even bother with such BS.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Guys, that poster doesn't look fake. I've gone through most of the thread, and he seems very knowledgeable about USN ships and also their technical jargon. He has posted this photo as proof:

http://i.imgur.com/AYdIZ.jpg
Even I am more or less certain that this man is a USN servicemen. And it appears he could be embellishing certain things which could purely be down to cultural differences. The USN servicemen mentions that he was on an older ship, and I think a lot of the issues he described could be ascribed to that. (Ancient ships -> lesser talented individuals, punishment posting, older culture etc.)

Indian Armed Forces require urgent modernization across the board, which due to our famous red-tape is taking a lot of time. However, due to this the juxtaposition is great. On one hand we see some soldiers with the ancient "sten gun", and some with Tavor Tar-21. Similarily, in the IAF difference b/w Mig-21s and Su-30MKIs.

I would like to, however, point out the newer naval vessels would knock the socks off anyone, I have seen videos, presentations and pics of the interiors and their weapon systems and they are world class. I am certain that what this individual experienced, was not representative of Indian Navy as a whole but a small subset of one extreme.

bhramos

Country flag
he is some where true in dressing sense. my friend told me in INS Vela seamen used to where a short, banian, and chappel in work.....

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
This is too much, seems like a paki in disguise, after the babur incident, they lost there H7D big time, may the same ship captain/crew disguising as USN personnel, taking there frustration out.

pmaitra

Regarding wearing chappals, I know many people in India actually wear chappals when they are not supposed to. One example would have been this but the pictures are not showing up:

Ok, so this guy (note, he is no ordinary guy, he is a forest guard) is out there to challenge a leopard wearing chappals? Give me a break!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Well yes, I have read through that thread. The guy surely is a USN personnel.

But I am also sure that a lot of his posts are an exaggeration. At school level NCC they would screw your happiness if you are not in proper uniform let alone IN.

Indian navy does need urgent modernization in all aspects but I am not sure it's as bad as a "gun won't fire" thing. Sailors are not just "picked up from the roads". We know the traditions of NDA and IMA.

I don't know when the INS Delhi was in the pacific where this exchange took place. If someone has any details about any exercise that this boat took part in the pacific particularly off Japan please let us know.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I just read the whole thing. OMFG... the flagship!! Is the IN one big ineffectual unit?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Flagship of IN is its carrier. Not INS Delhi. That itself proves that someone is just trying to exaggerate.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
he is some where true in dressing sense. my friend told me in INS Vela seamen used to where a short, banian, and chappel in work.....
They do in high seas, Older ships dont have AC in Engine compartment so does the hot bunks, U dont were regular uniform..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i have seen video of Indain submariners wearing banian, shorts and chappel, chappel is for the reason that noise would be lower when waking in the Sub, plus at the end of that video it said that banian and shorts are disposed off in sub (no idea why is that for)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Looks like the original post there has been deleted.

hyap

@ HYAP

Welcome lil sis

How did you find this site . For any person who is interested in Indian defence matters BR or Bharat Rakshak is NECESSARY reading

And do you know about our enemy sites who try to harm our DFI
Thanks for the welcome. I googled for "Indian Navy forums" and found this site,glad I did.
I don't normally care for every slander about India as we all know about the age old saying "when elephant walks dogs bark" this guy was downright offensive and Reddit is a famous international site and gets hits from all the countries . So I felt we need to defend ourselves there.

Even though ardent netigen I am ashamed to say I have little knowledge about our defence issues. And from now on I will be a regular in the defence forums to get myself educated about our forces.

PS: I am glad his account got deleted, it happens when IAmA posters fail to show proof that they are indeed what they are claiming.

Last edited:

Poseidon

Country flag
Fake most probably.
Some Baki must be still shaken after PNS MEHRAN.

Poseidon

Country flag
Thanks for the welcome. I googled for "Indian Navy forums" and found this site,glad I did.
I don't normally care for every slander about India as we all know about the age old saying "when elephant walks dogs bark" this guy was downright offensive and Reddit is a famous international site and gets hits from all the countries . So I felt we need to defend ourselves there.

Even though ardent netigen I am ashamed to say I have little knowledge about our defence issues. And from now on I will be a regular in the defence forums to get myself educated about our forces.

PS: I am glad his account got deleted, it happens when IAmA posters fail to show proof that they are indeed what they are claiming.
Did he delete his posts or the Mods deleted them.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Each day there are thousands if not more websites that get created, do we believe there is just one fai or just one Pakistani backed/financed indian defence forum, lets get real, and accept the fact we are living in a world where information spreads the fastest across the borders through the internet and all that one needs to do is pick up a popular place and post all the propaganda/psy ops, call it whatever, and it spreads like a wild fire and with 100million or more Indians browsing the net the proposition is all the more lucrative, and guess what sells the most, something that is spiced up, something the is sensational, which is precisely what one gets in that piece.

There are enough defence related training programs that happen across the globe of which Pakistanis are a part of, didnt one of these pakistanis recently get arrested making a video of a female trainee taking her bath in australia, heck if they can reach there, then these people can reach anywhere, getting a pic with a sticker on a dress would be no big deal if someone has access to the dressing rooms or to some personnel's room, he is certainly not revealing his name or designation, just a pic of the dress with a sticker on it and what if its just a measure by the site to increase the traffic and attract more Indians where they might have hired someone to do the stuff for them, heck it's a question of 100million waiting out there for that extra spice in life than the usual, which will then help jack up the revenues of the site, though we can now negate this since that a/c has been deleted from the site. Conspiracies? Yes, but in the world we live in nothing can be taken on the face value, and chances of these conspiracies is as much as this being a genuine case and these are just two conspiracies that come to mind right away.

I would rather have some IN personnel clear it out for us, but chandrahass no more active here i guess it will be just us judging it who in their real lives have never been in a submarine to see first hand as to what all it is like inside, the training and all the dimensions and the little knowledge people possess is either hearsay or read somewhere on the net which could be just as dubious.

PS: good to hear the a/c got deleted. thank you very much!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles