SGPC against Indo-French defence deal

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
AMRITSAR: While a high level delegation of France headed by French president Francois Hollande arrived in India on Thursday, Sikh's single largest representative body Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) asked Indian government to reconsider striking deals with France given violation of human rights by French government, especially imposing a turban ban on Sikhs.

Talking to TOI, SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar said France government had grossly violated human rights by imposing ban on wearing religious symbols in public schools by Sikhs. "In wake of this, Indian government should reconsider before making any economic deals with France," he said.

Makkar also said SGPC had not received any reply from French ambassador regarding appointment with Hollande during his India visit. Going a step further, SGPC member and president of Akal Purkah Ki Fauj Jaswinder Singh Advocate said, "India should consider severing diplomatic ties with France."

Meanwhile, A delegation of Sikhs, led by BJP's member, national executive, and co-in charge, Jammu and Kashmir, R P Singh, met the leader of opposition in Parliament, Sushma Swaraj, in Delhi on Thursday regarding the turban ban issue in France. The delegates urged the BJP leader to raise the issue in her meeting with French president Francois Hollande.

SGPC against Indo-French defence deal - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

anoop_mig25

Country flag
IF i would have french president i would have met SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar told him to shut his mouth and keep out of france politics

French is melting pot and not plate of salad

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
IF i would have french president i would have met SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar told him to shut his mouth and keep out of france politics

French is melting pot and not plate of salad
Why should the French president meet every Tom D!ck and Harry who shouts on the streets?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles