Request: U2 Spy Plane in India

bhramos

Country flag
i am looking for a link, i have read some where that U2 operated from Odisha, and even a plane crashed...
can anyone find me a link
Thanks in Advance..

agentperry

its early cold war era when chinese were trying to test their nukes and spying satellites were not operational

sob

Mod
Country flag
its early cold war era when chinese were trying to test their nukes and spying satellites were not operational
IIRC at that time, a nuclear powered device was positioned on top of a mountain in Himalyas to keep track of any atomic test by China. Later the device was lost in a avalanche.

sob

Mod
Country flag
i am looking for a link, i have read some where that U2 operated from Odisha, and even a plane crashed...
Thanks in Advance..
It would be quite unlikely that the Indians allowed US spy planes from their territory, but then stranger things have happened before.

agentperry

IIRC at that time, a nuclear powered device was positioned on top of a mountain in Himalyas to keep track of any atomic test by China. Later the device was lost in a avalanche.
india and usa planned to position it there but they failed to put it in place. though they were successful in the second go they lost the device in avalanche

sob

Mod
Country flag
Yes I remember they were worried about the radiations from the device later on it was found that the amount of atomic fuel was very low to be dangerous.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
few years ago one of the stories in Indian newspaper (must be times of India or The Hindu) was that one of the USA spy plane crossed over to border we dispatched or fighters and he back off.

marshal panda

Country flag
Thanks in Advance..
Aviation Research Center has an airbase at Charbatia near Cuttack in Odisha.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles