President Obama decides against selling F-16's to Taiwan.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
By the time Obama is done with his term USA will be left with all its enemies intact and all its allies lost.

P.S: these are the same ones as in the MRCA?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
By the time Obama is done with his term USA will be left with all its enemies intact and all its allies lost.

P.S: these are the same ones as in the MRCA?
They went back on our nuclear deal also.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Bloody wuss. Get the republicans back.

Country flag
I wonder how much faith other allies like Japan and South Korea have left in USA??

Rahul92

Why cant these taiwan's buy some migs or su's from russia i m sure russia will not lose such opportunity

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Why cant these taiwan's buy some migs or su's from russia i m sure russia not lose it
There's still hope for them with the F-16s, but buying Migs or Sus means its official end to US Taiwan alliance and I don't think Russia would support Taiwan against China, Taiwan is in a Catch 22 situation.

Country flag
Why cant these taiwan's buy some migs or su's from russia i m sure russia will not lose such opportunity
USA has ok'd a 2.4 billion upgrade. but rejected a 4 billion+ sale . Just good buisness Obama style. an estimated 240,000 US jobs were on the line.

Country flag
There's still hope for them with the F-16s, but buying Migs or Sus means its official end to US Taiwan alliance and I don't think Russia would support Taiwan against China, Taiwan is in a Catch 22 situation.
Maybe a European plane or buying nothing and rejecting the upgrade maybe a better option it puts more burden on USA to defend Taiwan.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
It's a bipartisan agreement NOT to sell to Taiwan. Same thing happened under Bush.
It looks more like Obamas decision against what congress wants.

The reiteration came amid reports that U.S. President Barack Obama has decided to sell a new US$4.2 billion arms package to Taiwan that would likely include weapons and equipment to upgrade the island's F-16 A/B jets, but exclude F-16 C/D model aircraft.

The Washington Times cited the U.S. administration and congressional officials as reporting Thursday that President Obama has decided against selling Taiwan 66 advanced F-16 C/Ds, despite several requests from Taipei and Congress.

agentperry

how to destroy a world power.....

chillax. no need to worry.
find a black lady and impregnate her. get a boy child and name him similar to future terrorist top gun. send him to indonesia and other countries for education while you relax on arm chair. wait for 40 years and get him married to a motivating woman. make sure he wins do law in acads. then he will win election with his being black card and current economic woes.
now you enter.
your son is president of most capable warring nation and now its your turn to play with it. challenge is to kill it within 5 years with the help of your proxy son.

sometime i think barak obama is a kenyan undercover to take revenge from usa for its atrocities on africa.

DMF

China will not take Taiwan by force, If unfortunately should a war between the island and the main land, F16 if lucky enough to take off, it will not be able to find a airport to land on the island. It's obvious a waste

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles