Pakistan sends new $2 bn war bill to US

bhramos

Country flag
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has dispatched fresh bills worth $2 billion to the US on account of repayments due under the Coalition Support Fund (CSF) head, official sources said on Tuesday.

"The Joint Staff Headquarters forwarded CSF bills worth $2 billion for the period between May 2011 and June 2012 to the US after accomplishing procedural requirements," official sources confirmed.

Pakistan stopped sending CSF bills to the US after the raid to kill Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad in May 2011. Relations between Washington and Islamabad came under further strain in the aftermath of Salala incident towards the end of 2011 and Pakistan closed Nato supply routes to Afghanistan.

After intense consultations, Pakistan and the US evolved consensus to reopen Nato supply routes last month and Washington disbursed $1.118 billion CSF dues for the period prior to May 2011. (Of the total bills worth $2.5 billion submitted by Pakistan, US had rejected bills worth $1.3 billion.)

Official sources say they don't know when the fresh bills will be honoured but they expect to receive between $400-$600 million in the next few months, which will provide breathing space to Pakistan's struggling economy.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-13-17111-Pakistan-sends-new-$2-bn-war-bill-to-US

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Zarvin, if you see this news, you will know that Pakistan Army needs American doles to survive.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
News !! what news . . . .?

:nono: This all propaganda !

sukhish

I don't think they will mind asking them. after harbouring osama biun laden did cost them a lot for those five years. it is only because of the good housing provided by pakistani army that U.S was able to spot him. had he been living in caves, U.S would have found very difficuly to spot him. good job pakistan.
I think have earned $2 billion.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
USA will give them 2 bns earned out of India ! That is no problem or may be USA will give them top notch weapons to defeat India.

Jim Street

Country flag
This time they are asking for the cost of infrastructure damage and other assistance unlike in old times which was pure AID.:D

P.S. Np offense especially to Indian posters.....err....may be I am offending Pakistani members.....Goddamnit...I am confused. :confused:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
:dude: US is giving this money for free! How? Pakistan is the father of Islamic terrorism, so it's a liability of Pakistan itself to kill its own kids i.e. Terrorists with its own expenses, but here US is bearing the charges of such cleaning, while Pakistan deserves severe punishment for instigating its own kids and promoting terror. :doh: :desert:

Country flag
Let's see what Obama does -this is election year and he will probably tell pak after election
you cry baby, I need to trick the Indians again for donations for my campaign.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
The wikipedia reference is from an article in "The Jang" (Jang means war, funny how even the newspaper names reflect the national character :rolleyes:) which is a Pakistani newspaper. No reference is provided for the figure in the article.

The World Bank estimates Pakistan's 2011 GDP to be $211 billion.

A single state in India, Maharashtra, has a greater domestic product at $224 billion according to 2011 figures:

State Domestic Product of India 2011-12 | State-Wise GDP 2011 | District GDP of India | State-wise Population 2011 | VMW Analytic Services

Pakistan is in the doldrums, a failed, fanatic, terror-exporting, dangerous country that must be put down for its own good.

Last edited:

mki

It looks like mistress is charging master for the abortion expenses.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Why would the Pakistanis want the Americans out of Afghanistan. The mere american presence is bankrolling their economy.

Global Defence

Articles