Pakistan Knew About May 11th Nuclear Threat and Was Watching Pokhran Via Internet

meindian

Hi admin and members, I am a new guy who came across this article by a retired Pakistani officer. Please be kind enough to give your views whether what he says is correct. Basically he says that Pakistan knew about the test(1998 one) and was monitoring Pokhran. On the other hand I always thought Pokhran came as a surprise to the west. So if the west did not know then how come pakistani knew about it.
The article referred is Pakistani Perspective On The Day India Tested The Nuclear Bomb - World Of Defense

The admin/blogger for that blog says take the article with a pinch of salt(must be Indian :becky: )
What are your considered view because my knowledge about the events before the test are limited

Thanks in advance

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I like the part though where he talks about Pakistan having to become more responsible after the test something he laments on that didn't happen.

JBH22

Yeah and they also knew about Sputnik
You are unfair please you should know that Pakistani scientist worked on that and they were instrumental in sending it in space:)

A.V.

Yes might be , i am serious really they are the only ones who could have known , because they have wide spread spy network in india and its vice versa .

It wont be strange to know that india knew about the OBL raid and pakistan didnt so its all a possibility , why not

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Avi if they knew, then we would have known that they know. And if they knew, the US would have known as well as they still had good humint in Pak.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
and the stray dog across the road too knew, big deal! and i am god damn serious, you bet!

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Pakistan was not even aware about test, US was fooled, but the villagers around Pokhran knew about hour before that something is going to happen.

One of the school master and surpanch said that we know what is going to happen it happen earlier also, best of luck, when Army asked them to vacate their houses.

meindian

Thanks guys

Seems like this Pakistani officer basically had a few too many and then smoked something before writing this article:becky:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Seems like this Pakistani officer basically had a few too many and then smoked something before writing this article:becky:
yeah he must be taking drugs from taliban, they have provided drugs to these PA officers free of cost. Since he know that he cannot do much, therefore he is pretending that 'we know' that too in 2011..........may be he is also experiencing selective memory loss and he has no idea that in 1998, no country would give 48 hour delay satellite pics. Google earth started many years later that too it is not live.

Blackwater

These pak landis didt know there mama osama was in abotabad but they watched India's nukes test. Really Budha smilled to please paki landis...

chex3009

Country flag
If they didn't knew how could they respond to our tests with theirs in very less time, as they did their own tests???

(Just curious question) But i believe that Pakistan was totally unaware of our nuclear tests.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Chex Pakistan too some time to test its nuke because the nukes device manual was in chines language, so it took them time to translate it.

JAISWAL

here is the opening statement of the admin of that blog and how he pulles the writers leg.
Brigadier Samson Simon Sharaf
Be warned there is a lot of rubbish in the article below. It sounds more like a self-propaganda than anything else.
The favorite phrase of the author seems to be "we knew". I think the article is written by a person who wallows in self-delusion and grandiose vision of self-importance. So take every thing with more than a pinch of salt.

JAISWAL

he writer of that blog is surly on weed or dhatura.
This type of words can't come from a sane person.

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Hi admin and members, I am a new guy who came across this article by a retired Pakistani officer. Please be kind enough to give your views whether what he says is correct. Basically he says that Pakistan knew about the test(1998 one) and was monitoring Pokhran. On the other hand I always thought Pokhran came as a surprise to the west. So if the west did not know then how come pakistani knew about it.
The article referred is Pakistani Perspective On The Day India Tested The Nuclear Bomb - World Of Defense

The admin/blogger for that blog says take the article with a pinch of salt(must be Indian :becky: )
What are your considered view because my knowledge about the events before the test are limited

Thanks in advance

i've no way of proving it but i did hear on the bbc world service in 1996 that USA intelligence had spotted india loading a borehole in the thar desert and suspected preparation for a test. US state department officials had then spoken in the same bbc w'svc that they hoped a test would not take place. India lay low for a couple of years before doing it . If the USA knew then i guess others shouldnt have been taken too much by surprise ?

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
btw there was another thread which discussed whether the 1998 indian nuke tests were a flop bcos of the low yield . Besides the possibility of tactical nukes and / or being radiation devices , there is another dimension . I think india wanted to force pakland to declare that they held nukes and by testing , lured them to retaliate thus triggering sanctions and it's my guess that india knew the sanctions would set pak back relatively much more !

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles