Pakistan has received Documents of Chinese HQ-9 SAM and Its integration in national defense system

Berkut

Country flag
No China will use route and earn money and that earned money is payback. We are not asking for money for using our area to transport things.
Right. Ok so, China uses your territory to transport stuff to earn money and that is the loan repayment.
So China loans you 100 billion up front at 20 odd percent interest rate, develops your infrastructure and you repay them by allowing them to use your territory. Kind of looks one sided to me, heavily tilted towards the Chinese. Very reminiscent of how the East India company got a toe hold in various kingdoms of the Indian subcontinent, but hey these could be just the first impressions, I am sure your negotiators would have thought about these aspects.
Are there any details of this agreement online? Detailing the modalities of this arrangement?
Just out of curiosity, why didn't the Chinese use port Qasim in Karachi, it's just a few 100 miles off Gadar? Most of the infra , I assume is already there, drinking water, roads that could be expanded, labour (BTW are the Chinese going to bring their own labour as well, they kinda do in Africa ), wouldn't it make sense for both parties?
Does the average Pakistani have Mandarin in school? Is there a nation wide drive towards learning it?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
>> #Pakistan has received Documents of Chinese HQ-9 SAM and Its integration in national defense system has started.

The HQ-9 uses two-stage missiles with thrust vector control.

> #Range & #Altitude
This air defense system can perform air defense engagement in a massive air raid under intense electronic jamming.
#Missiles Range 125 km( aircraft).
15-25 km against (cruise and ballistic missiles). #Altitude of 27km.

> About HQ-9 #Launcher.
8x8 high mobility chassis. Each launcher has 4 missiles in individual containers.

> About HQ-9 #Battery..
• 8 TEL vehicles with missiles.
• Mobile engagement radar Vehicle.
• Engagement radar.
• Command and control vehicle.
• Reloading vehicles and various support vehicles.

The basic formation can be expanded into a larger formation. The HQ-9 battery can employ a wide range of radars, both search, surveillance, acquisition, tracking and fire control.
#MarvellousThunder

no source mentioned, looks like fan boy post. What next, Chinese carrier and satellite killer missiles in Pakistan and then Chinese space station played by PAF.

bose

Country flag
Yes China is getting CPEC and through CPEC they would save and earn hundred of billions of dollars secondly they hate you and we can keep you in check
For how much you have sold yourself to China ?

------------------------------

bose

Country flag
Russia ki slavery ker ker keh us neh chure dia aab aik Isreal ki slavery kero and aab tu naya baap agaya aap logun ka America Enjoy being a slave. America is fooling you!:pound:
You have still not come out of the effects of Surgery ??

----------------------------------

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
O joker before talking about poverty look at your country. You have most poverty in the world so shut up
Not completely true what we have is the most number of poor people in the world, some 224million people or approximately 16.27% of it's population.
Pakistan on the other hand has some 40% of it's population or some 75.5 million people below the poverty line, as a measure of % India is far ahead of pakistan.
That said both our nation need to do a lot for poverty alleviation.

*the only reason i chose a pakistani link for poverty in pakistan is most paksitanis won't believe it otherwise
http://www.governancenow.com/news/regular-story/india-has-world-largest-number-poor-world-bank-study
http://tribune.com.pk/story/1126706/40-pakistanis-live-poverty/

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Yes China is getting CPEC and through CPEC they would save and earn hundred of billions of dollars secondly they hate you and we can keep you in check
Again not completely true
Chia needs the CPEC to ensure strategic supplies in the case of a blocade of the malacca straits, it's purpose is primarily as a military conduit . The Civilian freight traffic of China will continue to flow through the mega ports on her eastern coast.

Posting excerpts from a notable neutral analyst
http://www.asiasentinel.com/econ-business/china-infrastructure-debt/#
For instance, great importance has been attached to the “corridor” portion of CPEC (which is roughly US$11 billion, or 25 percent of the total) and time and again Pakistan authorities have predicted the economic boom this corridor will yield in the near future. For China, however, the cost of transferring goods from Pakistan to its main population and industrial centers will end up much higher than what it has to defray currently, according to the analyst.

Consider this: the 887km National Highway-35, which is the Pakistani portion of the Karakoram Highway (KKH), will link the Gwadar port to Kashgar. However, the distance from Kashgar to China’s main population centers such as Guangzhou, with a population of nearly 45 million, is 5,554 km. Similarly, the largest mainland industrial center in China is Beijing and Beijing is 4,357 km from Kashgar.

Given the distance between Gwadar and China’s main population and industrial centers, transport of goods from and to Gwadar makes no economic sense. And given that China has more than 2,000 ports of which 130 are open to foreign ships and that China’s largest metropolitan areas and its industrial hubs are all only a few hundred kilometers from China’s ports, transport of goods via land route makes least viable economic sense.

Therefore, Farrukh argues, for instance if oil is transported from Gwadar to China’s population and industrial hubs, the cost would come out to be around US$70 per cubic meter as against the current cost of $10 per cubic meter. He further argues, “moving a barrel of oil from Ras al Tanura (in Saudi Arabia) to Shanghai in a two million barrel vessel moving at a speed of 23 km per hour at a ship rate of $80,000 per day will cost $0.90 a barrel, and moving a seaborne barrel of oil from Ras al Tanura to Gwadar and then overland to Chongqing will cost anywhere from a low of $7.15 to a high of $12.40 per barrel.”

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
@Zarvan @Just telling Truth @rizwan78 @Neo
@musalman

Perhaps, in some of my posts above, in this partiicular thread i may have gone overboard a little , just as some of you have from time to time ....the difference though could be that i wrote a correction post when i thinik i have done so , but do you also do that ? ( is a pertinent question )

Just to make it clear - there are many like me who really like the Culture , Languages and yes the People who come from the various parts of Pakistan and there is no animosity whatsoever about that

My only purpose regarding the posts on this particular thread was to say that we would have very much preferred a direct and friendly relationship with the government of Pakistan without involvement from third parties

but now as you have asked china to get involved , that is not acceptable and it changes things at the national or country level

hopefully it does not change things at the people level because if you look at what the china airline said about avoiding "indican and Pakistani areas of Condon , they have pretty much the same view of you as they do of us !!! ( and there are numerous such examples )

so if you think they are your iron friend , well think again
because when they own you , it might be too late

that was the main message from me , plus if they do water games with us , well then we are free to do water games with the two of you as you are linked-together

you started it , then we have the right to finish it !

that is the basic statement from me , not hatred of any kind ...none of that ,, even now, many people like me still, appreciate and greatly like all aspects of your culture and the individuals too

best regards,
R

Last edited:

Hardi

..Are yaaaaaaaar....
aisa mat kaho..Porkis ko bura lage ga....

me is Pak Sam ki Khubiya batata hu...

-Bhikh me Miley.
-ate hi Pak ni Ise Border pe install kar ne ke bajaye.. osama ki surksa me laga diya..(osama ke Marne ke baad hafiz syed ke ghar ke paas rakh diye..)
- Chinese given them under pak -Chinese friendship ..
- it's fresh and free.. because never fired also during development by china
-best for Pakistan and india.. indian can many surgical strikes to see at border Sam of pak.
-so Indian happy.. :) so it's not Chinese wrack it's good choice for pak. Element all fit..

Blackwater

abey gadhey jahil pandit, meh Nepal and Sri lanka is vastey mention kita keh sadey us pasey secert Military bases hega, we have encircled you from all sides and corner, meh China nu apna brother mana bus tey meh apney is pira ni gal kiti oye meh Jutt aan Jutt panga na hega meray naal " Panga is not changa , varna pouri dunya k samney tu nanga " :rofl:

pandit:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2: you forgot to add baniya and daal khane wala:rofl::rofl::rofl:

you jatt hahahah kon babur wala ya bin kasim wala:megusta::megusta::megusta:

proelm is you already nanaga just like ur country aur abb kya kare:):):):)

Just telling Truth

CPEC is a game changer for Pakistan and our brother China, both countries’ frugalities would be boosted.

Russia used your country against his own interests and then flings you away after you bend towards America.
We have surrounded you from all three sides; your northern borders are highly insecure, especially the north side.
The Chinese brother’s groundwork on our side of the border tosses a challenge to Indian efforts in these areas. China has surrounded India from all three sides. All along the northern border, the Chinese brother forces; both army and air force, are well-resourced with modern hardware and are proficient of even launching nuclear missiles from our side.
I am saying this with ecstasy that brother China has already occupied large parts in Siachen. The Chinese militaries make their presence touched in Ladakh and we openly and warmly welcome our Chinese brothers to operate from Azad Kashmir Pakistan.

@roma

Reactions: Neo

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Again not completely true
Chia needs the CPEC to ensure strategic supplies in the case of a blocade of the malacca straits, it's purpose is primarily as a military conduit . The Civilian freight traffic of China will continue to flow through the mega ports on her eastern coast.

Posting excerpts from a notable neutral analyst
http://www.asiasentinel.com/econ-business/china-infrastructure-debt/#

For instance, great importance has been attached to the “corridor” portion of CPEC (which is roughly US$11 billion, or 25 percent of the total) and time and again Pakistan authorities have predicted the economic boom this corridor will yield in the near future. For China, however, the cost of transferring goods from Pakistan to its main population and industrial centers will end up much higher than what it has to defray currently, according to the analyst.

Consider this: the 887km National Highway-35, which is the Pakistani portion of the Karakoram Highway (KKH), will link the Gwadar port to Kashgar. However, the distance from Kashgar to China’s main population centers such as Guangzhou, with a population of nearly 45 million, is 5,554 km. Similarly, the largest mainland industrial center in China is Beijing and Beijing is 4,357 km from Kashgar.

Given the distance between Gwadar and China’s main population and industrial centers, transport of goods from and to Gwadar makes no economic sense. And given that China has more than 2,000 ports of which 130 are open to foreign ships and that China’s largest metropolitan areas and its industrial hubs are all only a few hundred kilometers from China’s ports, transport of goods via land route makes least viable economic sense.

Therefore, Farrukh argues, for instance if oil is transported from Gwadar to China’s population and industrial hubs,the cost would come out to be around US$70 per cubic meter as against the current cost of $10 per cubic meter. He further argues, “moving a barrel of oil from Ras al Tanura (in Saudi Arabia) to Shanghai in a two million barrel vessel moving at a speed of 23 km per hour at a ship rate of $80,000 per day will cost $0.90 a barrel, and moving a seaborne barrel of oil from Ras al Tanura to Gwadar and then overland to Chongqing will cost anywhere from a low of $7.15 to a high of $12.40 per barrel.”

Whta if china develop`s new manufacturing sites/SEZ at Kashgar so that it can develops region around Kashgar .I mean have raw material at Kashgar (offcourse from CEPC route ) and then convert them into finished goods and then ship to Gwadar and then to africa/ME etc etc

amoy

Whta if china develop`s new manufacturing sites/SEZ at Kashgar so that it can develops region around Kashgar .I mean have raw material at Kashgar (offcourse from CEPC route ) and then convert them into finished goods and then ship to Gwadar and then to africa/ME etc etc
Kashgar has already been turned into a SEZ and manufacturing base for transfer of industries from China's eastern coastal areas, where low end manuf. has to struggle for survival due to rising costs, such as textile industry. Cotton is one of Xinjiang's main agri produce.

Kashgar was added to Chinese railway net

Businesses on a new journey to the west
Updated: 2015-09-18 07:42:12

An aerial view of the Kashgar Special Economic Zone. [Photo provided to China Daily]

Xu Fenglin fell in love with Kashgar the moment he arrived in 2012. "I immediately began persuading my family to move here with me, and we are now officially residents," he said.

The 36-year-old used to work in Shenzhen, Guangdong province, a pilot city for China's reform and opening-up policy that was transformed from a fishing village to one of China's richest cities in a mere 30 years. Xu is now deputy director of the Kashgar Special Economic Zone's administrative commission.

Like Xu, 34-year-old Ye Liwei also quit a well-paid job in Shenzhen, but he came to Kashgar to work in a real estate company.

They are just two of the talents who enthusiastically gave up everything to move to China's westernmost corner, buoyed by a belief that Kashgar will become the next Shenzhen.

Located in the southwest of the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, Kashgar is hoping to replicate Shenzhen's success.

Shenzhen was chosen for its proximity to Hong Kong, and Kashgar connects China with five Eurasian countries, including Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbeki-stan, via land ports. The city's strategic location has made it a crucial hub for regional trade and cultural exchanges for more than 2,000 years.

Further impetus

The Kashgar SEZ was established in 2010 with the aim of building the city as a gateway to the west and a new engine to drive Xinjiang's development. The zone covers an area of 50 square kilometers and is divided into three distinct areas for manufacturing, logistics and finance.

In 2013, the zone gained further impetus when President Xi Jinping announced an ambitious plan to build the Silk Road Economic Belt, which will connect Asian and European markets and cover more than 3 billion people. After five years under construction, the zone is finally taking shape.

One of the most impressive buildings under construction is the Kashgar Development Towers, which, at 280 meters tall, will be the highest in Xinjiang. The twin towers will host the Kashgar Hilton Hotel and a tax-free shopping mall featuring brands such as Prada, Valentino and Louis Vuitton.

Many companies from China's heartland have moved their operations to the SEZ, attracted by the preferential policies offered by local authorities.

Sycco Electronics Co, headquartered in Guangdong province, established a factory in the zone last year. Mainly manufacturing mobile phone chargers and cables, and employing 500 workers, the plant's products are exported to nearby India and Pakistan.

Challenges to face

Despite its early success, Kashgar is faced with challenges that never troubled Shenzhen.

Transportation is the biggest challenge. Although the city boasts an international airport, most outbound flights have to stop over in Urumqi, the regional capital, and there no direct rail link between Kashgar and major cities outside the autonomous region.

"If the transportation is good, Kashgar will become a gateway to the west. If not, it will remain locked deep in the desert," said Chen Bin, director of the zone's Office of Party and Government Affairs.

Last year, the city began subsidizing major domestic and international flights - for example, airlines now receive a subsidy of $20,000 for a round trip between Kashgar and Islamabad.

"The passenger flow has been increasing gradually, but it's still far from enough," Chen said.

Another pressing problem is a lack of talent. "The SEZ is starved of talent, especially in finance, engineering and research," Xu Fenglin said. He understood that many people outside Xinjiang are concerned about possible unrest and terrorist attacks, but said the reality is different.

"When I first decided to come to Kashgar, almost all my relatives and friends were against my decision. But now I live a good life here. People will change their minds if they can experience the city for themselves."

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/60thxjannivesary/2015-09/18/content_21912207.htm

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
CPEC is a game changer for Pakistan and our brother China, both countries’ frugalities would be boosted.

Russia used your country against his own interests and then flings you away after you bend towards America.
We have surrounded you from all three sides; your northern borders are highly insecure, especially the north side.
The Chinese brother’s groundwork on our side of the border tosses a challenge to Indian efforts in these areas. China has surrounded India from all three sides. All along the northern border, the Chinese brother forces; both army and air force, are well-resourced with modern hardware and are proficient of even launching nuclear missiles from our side.
I am saying this with ecstasy that brother China has already occupied large parts in Siachen. The Chinese militaries make their presence touched in Ladakh and we openly and warmly welcome our Chinese brothers to operate from Azad Kashmir Pakistan.

@roma
bro where do you grow your weed
....................................................................................................................

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
@amoy good to see China finally taking an interest in developing it's restive western regions, Kashgar if and when developed should be a major conduit to central asia, it's also intersting to note that this will propbably bring about massive demographic change in the region transforming what is till now the only muslim majority region in China into a Han dominated area .This should in turn contain the militancy as well. IK actually think this is one thinfg we as indians need to learn from china, demographic change is a major contributor to national integration we too should learn form China and completely change the demographics of J&K fill it with Gorkhas, jats, Nagas, Arunachali and other mountian people so the Minority in the Valley is reduced to inconsequential numbers.

Imaxxx

"Shaktimev Jayate" - Strength Alone Triumphs
Country flag
So Pakistan have the documents . Now the question is can they read it:pound::pound:
Breaking! An Aussie newspaper has got its hands on the full set of docs of the HQ7 that the Chinese gave the pakis and have just released the cover:

HQ7 for dummies2.jpg

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Last edited:

Just telling Truth

bro where do you grow your weed
....................................................................................................................
While Russia is growing by placing marketplace here in our country Pakistan, growing weapons, aircraft's jets e.g. Su-35 and SAM S-400 and many more to be soon.

Sorry bro, Afghan your new friends growing their weeds on your side these days lol.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles