Pakistan erased an entire International New York Times cover story

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
True that Bangalis fought bravely for Pakistan and we acknowledge their offers, striggle and suffering like brothers. But the creators of Pakistan or the British did not think of the fact that having two wings seperated by 1.600 miles of. Ery hostile enemy would be alogistic, economic, political and military nightmare. Alianation and seperation was inevitable and if Jinnah would have been more pragmatic, he would have advised Dhaka to go independantfrom the very beginning. She could still have adopted the name East Pakistan and become a souvreign nation.
Actually few understand, be they Indians or Pakistanis, the fierce identity preservation, be it language, culture, literature or whatever, instinct that Bengalis have, no matter what is their religion

People who are shallow yet bombastic are not aware of how the Partition of Bengal by Curzon was overturned and negated by Bengalis!

Nor of the desire of Sarat Bose who resigned from the AICC in disagreement over the Cabinet Mission Plan's call to partition Bengal between Hindu-majority and Muslim-majority regions. He attempt to construct a bid for a united but independent Bengal with Huseyn Shaheed Suhrawardy, the Bengali Muslim League leader. However, this received no support from the Congress or the League, nor providentially from the common public.

Last edited:

Neo

The irony is amusing. A Pakistani origin Dutch national living in Holland, claiming to know Pak very well from inside and rejecting any facts critical of ISI originating from Pakistan itself.
You have no idea who I am or what I do so don't judge.
It should not matter where I live or how much time per year I spend in Pakistan. What matters is that I am a true patriotic and proud Pakistani who loves and understand the dynamics of his country.

bennedose

Only 22 Pakis know how to write English and this guy is one of them

Neo

Actually few understand, be they Indians or Pakistanis, the fierce identity preservation, be it language, culture, literature or whatever, instinct that Bengalis have, no matter what is their religion

People who are shallow yet bombastic are not aware of how the Partition of Bengal by Curzon was overturned and negated by Bengalis!

Nor of the desire of Sarat Bose who resigned from the AICC in disagreement over the Cabinet Mission Plan's call to partition Bengal between Hindu-majority and Muslim-majority regions. He attempt to construct a bid for a united but independent Bengal with Huseyn Shaheed Suhrawardy, the Bengali Muslim League leader. However, this received no support from the Congress or the League, nor providentially from the common public.
The main avenue in Islamabad is named after him as a tribute to his services.
Shahra-e-Suhrawardy.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned

Suhrawardy, that butcher behind Calcutta killings.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
No western of any form of propaganda can change Pakistanis.

The mullah brigade is far more vigilant and pre-emptive in making sure that no one can put a different sense in Pakistani brains.

This silly exercise by Pakistani government is a wasteful trick, rather counter productive as it has raised unnecessary controversy which Pakistanis are now defending with cynical arguments. They should have trusted their thick skulked masses and let it be disseminated and die its natural death.

Neo

Ofcourse, you mean his jehad against Indians.
No Sir, this was not jihad but a demonstration of what emotional fools we South Asians are.
Attrocities were comitted by Hindu, Sikhs and Muslims so we all suffered losses.
My dada was serving as doctor in British Indian Army and was stationed in Calcutta during the partition.
His mansion was burnt at night and not everyone was lucky to survive.

thethinker

Country flag
You have no idea who I am or what I do so don't judge.
It should not matter where I live or how much time per year I spend in Pakistan. What matters is that I am a true patriotic and proud Pakistani who loves and understand the dynamics of his country.
Selective reasoning seems to be your forte.

On one hand, you say you understand dynamics of your country very well and yet you conveniently chose to ignore how many criminal accusations are open against ISI by your own country men and the local media.

You still haven't replied as to why Gilani withdrew "the whole ISI should be under civilian wing incident" when Pak army flatly refused to co-operate.

If blindly disregarding whatever military and feudal abuses happen in your country which are overseen by an authority that is a "state within a state", power hungry and corrupt to the core, then you truly are patriotic even when facts and alternate opinions emanating from same country suggest otherwise.

Neo

Feudal abuses yes, military abuses a few including some rogue elements within the ISI.
People have been courtmarshalled for their crimes in the past but the main core is not corrupt.

Political parties will continue to malign ISI because she stands in their way of looting extravaganza whenever they are in power.

thethinker

Country flag
Saleem Shahzad: ISI beyond reach of criminal justice system, says HRW – The Express Tribune

Saleem Shahzad: ISI beyond reach of criminal justice system, says HRW

Interestingly, the comments over there from other Pakistanis are actually more practical and debatable from either viewpoint unlike the lone jingoistic view that you are sticking to.

After the completion of the judicial inquiry into journalist Saleem Shahzad's murder, the Human Rights Watch (HRW) has expressed concern over the commission's inability to name the culprits and called for the Government of Pakistan to "redouble efforts" in the case.

A news release by the Human Rights Watch on Monday claimed that it had extensively documented the Inter-Services Intelligence's (ISI) alleged intimidation, torture, enforced disappearances, and killings of many journalists, and fears that the commission's failure in naming a culprit hints back to the ISI's "stronghold over the country's judicial system."

Neo

Is CIA within the reach of Criminal Justice System?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Well said Sir!

East Pakistan was a mistake, she should have been independant from the first day.
I agree with Mujib-ur-Rehman's famous quote: "If Islam is the only thing we have in comon (with West Pakistan) then why not be a part of Kuweit?"

What a bias that continue to exist even today that _

Bengadeshis were basically Hindus

Bengadeshi Muslims were low caste converts and West Pakistanies were of Arab or Turks......

One West Pakistani was equavallent to hundreds of Bengalies... etc etc...

My dear Neon, It was Bengalies, the Kadianies and Shia who created and backed Pakistan and consequently suffered the most after the creation of Pakistan, Kadians have been decalred Non Muslims, Shia are being killed almost everyday and Bengalies have sepreated.

Punjabies Sindies, Pakhtoons and Baloch were in favour of United India to begin with. After 1935 there were congress Governments in those areas.

It were these kinds of attitude that drove Bengalies to separation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Is CIA within the reach of Criminal Justice System?
Why worry about CIA, and why compare with CIA ? Why do a Pakistani want to compare with US system of liberal democracy. Is there a democracy in Pakistan? Are the presidents in Pakistan put on trails ? No, they are bombed , blown, hanged and assassinated ... or at best send to Suadi Arabia or Dubai.

What should you debate is that should the ISI be brought under country's legal system or not?

What is correct for Pakistan?

Neo

What a bias that continue to exist even today that _

Bengadeshis were basically Hindus

Bengadeshi Muslims were low caste converts and West Pakistanies were of Arab or Turks......

One West Pakistani was equavallent to hundreds of Bengalies... etc etc...

My dear Neon, It was Bengalies, the Kadianies and Shia who created and backed Pakistan and consequently suffered the most after the creation of Pakistan, Kadians have been decalred Non Muslims, Shia are being killed almost everyday and Bengalies have sepreated.

Punjabies Sindies, Pakhtoons and Baloch were in favour of United India to begin with. After 1935 there were congress Governments in those areas.

It were these kinds of attitude that drove Bengalies to separation.

Bullshyt, there are more sunnis being killed in Pakistan than any religion. Communal devide has always been fuelled and exaggerated by foreign media with a hidden agenda.

Balochistan as we know today acceeded to Pakistan, they territory is not disputed nor challenged by India or any other country.
Except for the small Marri and Bhugti clan the Balochis generally support Islamabad. When it comes to territorial integrity we stand united and know how to deal with seperatists and their foreign supporters.

thethinker

Country flag
No, just exposing your double standards when it comes to Pakistan.
Denial is comforting I get that.

Especially when you claim that millions of your own countrymen revere ISI as a sacred institution and then when pointed out to facts about criminalities about your own ISI by your own countrymen, start derailing the discussion by comparing with CIA.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Dear Neon

Something for your consumption :

Blackwater

No, just exposing your double standards when it comes to Pakistan.
what about pakistan double standard ,kept osama in backyard and extracting money to find osama from amrika:p:p

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles