Pakistan AWACs/AEW&Cs Aircrafts

shiphone

Country flag
maybe OT

An old chinese saying goes: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
I think this is my understanding of the relationship and military tech cooperation between the two countries...

competing and bidding are very common in china's latest military procurement projects... there always are the R&D team failed to others . most of these projects then are marketed internationally. so you will see the weapon projects for market and those in PLA service are different... but these projects might fail not due to the performance but the cost-performance ratio ,which means it is better but more expensive., not fit for the large equipment number in PLA. but a small number in some small scaled arm force might be affordable .

we also could see that the R&D teams from both countries working together on many projects...like artillery ,missile , shipbuilding ...both countries share the knowledge ,Tech , the different understanding of the modern warfare, the experience gained in combat. I thought it was a Win-Win...

----------------------
back to the topic...the Radar system on KJ2000 is more capable but expensive as well....but I don't think PAF need this level of AWACS urgently. and Saab2000 has a AESA already . a more reliable and affordable sys might be better choice. these two sys will be good mutual complementation.

and I don't think there are too much barrier for PAF to get the similar AESA sys now testing on No518 Y8 plane if such urgent requirement exist... when real threat comes ,funding won't be the problem for both countries.

p2prada

Like mentioned, antenna type isn't really important for AEWCs. You will notice even the USAF is not desperate to change to AESA on AWACS.

There are electronic advantages but AWACS don't fight wars. Anything that can see far is plenty.

Your AEWCs need survivability against the MKI and PAKFA in the future. If lost they need to be a less expensive loss and easily replaceable. The ZDK-03 is the answer to that. You can induct a larger number and the advantage is it is very cheap compared to the Erieye.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles