Pak Sikhs say meat cooked at Panja Sahib, want shrine staff suspended

Blackwater

Please cut it out guys. I am so sick of GK trolling with everything.
As his name suggest he does not believe in religion but like to make fun of it. god give him strength to face life

pmaitra

Gurudawara, temple, mosque,church are sacred places you don't cook,eat meat or drink liquor there
That rule has exceptions w.r.t. temples for sure.

The Kali temples at Kalighat or Kamakshya definitely espouse animal sacrifice and the meat is often eaten as 'prasad'. Animals range from pigeons to buffaloes. Yes, it is permissible to cook meat from animal sacrifice inside these temple premises. Of course, you may not do this inside an ISKON temple.

Blackwater

That rule has exceptions w.r.t. temples for sure.

The Kali temples at Kalighat or Kamakshya definitely espouse animal sacrifice and the meat is often eaten as 'prasad'. Animals range from pigeons to buffaloes. Yes, it is permissible to cook meat from animal sacrifice inside these temple premises. Of course, you may not do this inside an ISKON temple.
well i can't comment on other religions but in sikhism, cooking and consuming meat and drink alcohol is forbidden in all gurudwaras. only veggies allowed to cook and consume. Out side in your home or resturent you can cook and drink wat ever you want depends on person to person..

end of story

Phenom

Food is always cooked inside temples in South India and distributed as prasad. It is also offered to the gods but if i had my way i will cook even their monkey and goats gods and eat them.
In South India cooking or eating meat inside the temple is forbidden, although its not forbidden to eat meat outside. Temples are places of Gods and thus anyone who enters the temple are expected to follow stricter ethical and moral code than they would outside the temple walls.

I wont mind cooking inside your gurudawara either because its just another place for me.. what is there to get angry?
Just because an activity is permitted doesn't mean, you can do it anywhere.

What if tomorrow, few couples entered your front lawn and started making out. Will you allow it or will you call the cops. I am pretty sure you'll call the cops, why, because that front lawn is part of your house and you have the right to say. who does what in that place. Similarly Gurudwara belongs to the Sikhs and if they say 'Don't cook meat' then no one is allowed to cook meat. It's as simple as that.

warriorextreme

Country flag
ohh man iam tired to explain you. Cooking is not forbidden in gurudawara but cooking meat is. You can cook all veg items with no probelms. but big nooooooooo to cooking meat meat...
its a Dharmic religion and so its obvious that meat,liquor is not allowed in our temples...i have seen people eating meat and drinking wine in church many times

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Why the Dic.kens are the Shrines under the custody of Non Believers?
Coz its under supervision of Pakistan Gurudawara Prabathak Commitee. They want all control in there own hands. I mean all control financial and admin..

They show anti-India videos to sikh pilgrims in langar hals who were visititng pak gurudwara and try to fresh 1984 wounds...
True. One of the heads of the Gurudwara committee was Lt. Gen Javed Nasir (the ex-head of ISI).
Foreign Khalistanis are regularly invited to Pakistan for their help in funding and resurrecting the Khalistan movement.

=====

Sikhs does not eat meat or it is banned in Gurudwara?
whats the reasoning ?

it doesn't seem logical ? is eating meat also banned for sikhs ?
Sikhs are not allowed to drink either but ive not met a sikh who doesn't drink and doesn't eat butter chicken.
Why meat is not served in Gurudwaras ?

1. Gurudwara is a place where all mankind is to be treated equally and with dignity. Many people of different culture and faith visit Gurudwaras so simple vegetarian food is the only one that can be consumed by all irrespective of their beliefs.

2. Sikhism teaches one to live humbly, simply and with humility so simple vegetarian food fits the bill perfectly.

3. Gurudwara is a refuge for peace and spiritual rejuvenation, as such killing animals in the premises would be antithetical. Secondly meat has a Rajasic/Tamasic quality which is not conducive to the environment of the Gurudwara.

4. As per Sikh tenets, one has to pay for one's Karma, therefore eating meat entails that one will have to reap the punishment for such an action.

5. Sacrificing Animals and serving their meat in the name of God(Langar) in God's own abode(Gurudwara), is against God's tenets as per Sikhs.

=====

You are not understanding what i am asking.

Cooking pork is haram inside and outside of mosque and cooking cow is also haram inside or outside of temple.

An example: why is cooking chicken haram inside gurdwara and not outside. For eg cooking chicken/mutton/fish is not haram inside mosque

Are there different rules for sikhs for inside gurdwara and outside ? I am not making fun but trying to understand.
I dont fall in either category!

Eating pork inside or outside of mosque is equally bad for muslims since its haram to eat pork and same for hindus regarding meat in temple.

Tell me is eating meat wrong for sikhs ? If yes then i understand the story in the OP since it would be insult. If not then why is it okay to eat meat but not inside gurdwara ? I am not aware of sikh rules so want to learn about it.

Regarding eating meat

1. Sikhs believe in karma, therefore eating meat is a sin and all sinful activities are to be avoided. Sikh scriptures prohibit meat eating.

2. Sikh Gurus like Guru Hargobind ji and Guru Gobind Singhji were avid hunters. This was done to instill martial prowess in the then subjugated people.

3. Meat slaughtered in the name of God, is against God's tenets as per Sikhism and is to be avoided.

4. Halal meat was prohibited because it was slaughtered in the name of God and also because it was used as a tool of subjugation.

5. Most importantly however, as per Sikhism dietary matters are secondary. Following the primary pillars of Sikhism is more important.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles