Naval LCA Tejas

Chinmoy

Country flag
It's simple 'reading comprehension'!!

S.Jha explicitly states that it's take-off tests.
Only 18 sink-rate and bolter touchdowns on the shore based facility. None with ARRESTED RECOVERY!!

Without 'arrested recovery' how will Tejas land on the carrier? It can't keep doing bolters on the carrier until it runs out of fuel and crash! it'll look like an annoying bee hitting against a glass pane repeatedly until it drops dead!!

Many fanboys are precisely like you - weak in 'reading comprehension'. As such make up whatever nonsense comes to their minds; and worse argue relentlessly based on that!
A little bit digging don't hurt anyone.

Enquirer

A little bit digging don't hurt anyone.

There you go once again, relentlessly arguing with BS. Learn to accept facts! And give up the moment you learn that you might have made a (honest) mistake.
That video is not of ‘arrested recovery’ after LANDING but just low speed TAXIING on runway and then catching the arrestor hook.

Chinmoy

Country flag
There you go once again, relentlessly arguing with BS. Learn to accept facts! And give up the moment you learn that you might have made a (honest) mistake.
That video is not of ‘arrested recovery’ after LANDING but just low speed TAXIING on runway and then catching the arrestor hook.
And who is saying that the Flight tests from Vikramaditya is going to happen tomorrow?

It has been scheduled for 2019 ending. And I don't believe ADA to be filled up with people who would plan to load NLCA once AC is in dock and then test one take off per month.

Moreover the video is against your comment that Arrestor Recovery is not yet tested in NLCA.

Enquirer

And who is saying that the Flight tests from Vikramaditya is going to happen tomorrow?

It has been scheduled for 2019 ending. And I don't believe ADA to be filled up with people who would plan to load NLCA once AC is in dock and then test one take off per month.

Moreover the video is against your comment that Arrestor Recovery is not yet tested in NLCA.
Yeah right! Next you’ll splash some salt water on a ship in the dry dock and then say that the sea trials are done!!

Unless Tejas LANDS and is stopped by the cable, ‘arrested recovery’ is NOT DONE.

When all things don’t work, then speculate away more BS! When the subject of the discussion is SJha’s tweet wherein he clearly says that the test will be ‘take-off’ tests, why are you hell bent on speculating that landing on carrier will also be done?? Obvisouly, you didn’t read the tweets completely, made an aasumption and are arguing relentlessly to prove your mistake as right.

A fellow member gave me good advise via direct conversation yesterday to not waste my time responding to i.....

My last on the topic

Chinmoy

Country flag
Yeah right! Next you’ll splash some salt water on a ship in the dry dock and then say that the sea trials are done!!

Unless Tejas LANDS and is stopped by the cable, ‘arrested recovery’ is NOT DONE.

When all things don’t work, then speculate away more BS! When the subject of the discussion is SJha’s tweet wherein he clearly says that the test will be ‘take-off’ tests, why are you hell bent on speculating that landing on carrier will also be done?? Obvisouly, you didn’t read the tweets completely, made an aasumption and are arguing relentlessly to prove your mistake as right.

A fellow member gave me good advise via direct conversation yesterday to not waste my time responding to i.....

My last on the topic
You are really a unique piece. You are so good at creating some imaginary scenarios from one point or other.

Look carefully at what is written here.

If everything goes as planned, two Tejas-Navy prototypes will begin full-fledged flight-tests off Vikramaditya deck by the end of 2019. This will involve landing, refuelling and taking off.
https://defenceupdate.in/back-from-dead-navys-tejas-fighter-preps-for-tests-on-aircraft-carrier/

As for this part, I too agree. So I am not going to waste my time on you.

Enquirer

You are really a unique piece. You are so good at creating some imaginary scenarios from one point or other.

Look carefully at what is written here.

https://defenceupdate.in/back-from-dead-navys-tejas-fighter-preps-for-tests-on-aircraft-carrier/

Now you quote a different source for a different subject (new topic?).
IF EVERYTHING WENT ACCORDING TO PLAN....LANDING TEST...END OF 2019!!!
Yet, again u display your inability at ‘reading comprehension’.
Even a half brained bloke would know that IF ALL TESTS ARE COMPLETE ON LAND then tests would shift to the carrier! What’s unique about that??
The article (6 month old) clearly purports that it would take the END OF 2019 for carrier tests to begin!!

The unique thing about SJha’s tweet is that ADA has cleared LCA Navy for carrier TAKE OFF test much before the COMPLETE SUITE OF LAND TESTS ARE DONE! His reporting may be accurate or inaccurate; but your read about his report is most definitely inaccurate. Since you have no other way to support your speculation/misstatement you’re scratching the bottom of the barrel to save yourself from public humiliation!

I am getting exhausted trying to educate you! I hope someone else can share this burden else you may remain an i....

Chinmoy

Country flag
Now you quote a different source for a different subject (new topic?).
IF EVERYTHING WENT ACCORDING TO PLAN....LANDING TEST...END OF 2019!!!
Yet, again u display your inability at ‘reading comprehension’.
Even a half brained bloke would know that IF ALL TESTS ARE COMPLETE ON LAND then tests would shift to the carrier! What’s unique about that??
The article (6 month old) clearly purports that it would take the END OF 2019 for carrier tests to begin!!

The unique thing about SJha’s tweet is that ADA has cleared LCA Navy for carrier TAKE OFF test much before the COMPLETE SUITE OF LAND TESTS ARE DONE! His reporting may be accurate or inaccurate; but your read about his report is most definitely inaccurate. Since you have no other way to support your speculation/misstatement you’re scratching the bottom of the barrel to save yourself from public humiliation!

I am getting exhausted trying to educate you! I hope someone else can share this burden else you may remain an i....
As far as your shenanigans is concerned, I have only this to say,

And thank god S.Jha is not stupid as some people here.

He had not mentioned ONLY TAKE-OFF anywhere. But we have people here who make up imaginary scenario out of things and add one or two words from their side.

Flame Thrower

My last on the topic
It would be better if you do.

Where was this common sense when. You posted that Tejas will take off from Viki and land on shore based carrier.

I believe some sort of land based arrested recovery tests had been done and with that confidence IN and ADA wanna repeat the same with Viki.

Let's agree to disagree agree, it doesn't hurt in doing so.

Enquirer

@binayak95 I
It would be better if you do.

Where was this common sense when. You posted that Tejas will take off from Viki and land on shore based carrier.

I believe some sort of land based arrested recovery tests had been done and with that confidence IN and ADA wanna repeat the same with Viki.

Let's agree to disagree agree, it doesn't hurt in doing so.
How else would one do take-off tests other than landing on ‘land’??
The land based tests were supposed to last till the end of 2019! You think there is any sense in presuming that ADA completed ALL tests (incl arrested recovery) one year ahead of schedule??

And what is ‘some sort of arrested recovery’? That should give confidence to the pilot to attempt a full ‘landing cum arrested recovey’ on a floating platform? Also why would IN risk it’s $3 billion asset with hundreds of sailors lives on it for ADA’s untested attempt?

The disease of speculation is uncontrollable (even when poor old SJha is quite explicit)!!! It’s like someone turns on the light to expel darkness, but some fanboys keep their eyes tightly shut to dwell in darkness!

Last edited:

binayak95

Country flag
@binayak95 I

How else would one do take-off tests other than landing on ‘land’??
The land based tests were supposed to last till the end of 2019! You think there is any sense in presuming that ADA completed ALL tests (incl arrested recovery) one year ahead of schedule??

And what is ‘some sort of arrested recovery’? That should give confidence to the pilot to attempt a full ‘landing cum arrested recovey’ on a floating platform? Also why would IN risk it’s $3 billion asset with hundreds of sailors lives on it for ADA’s untested attempt?

The disease of speculation is uncontrollable (even when poor old SJha is quite explicit)!!! It’s like someone turns on the light to expel darkness, but some fanboys keep their eyes tightly shut to dwell in darkness!
NLCA's STBF trials are FAR from complete.

It will take a year - maybe two. Test parameters will include asymmetric payloads.

Once I get some free time, I'll quote Vice Adm Hiranandani and how long it took the IN to validate a Ski Jump retrofitted to the old Vikrant; forget a completely new aircraft.

Narasimh

Country flag
members have info on the following?

1. Will NLCA have canards(basing this on the recent images of air force mk2 version with canards)

2. As mentioned by commodore Balaji here in the video below regarding the changes to NLCA airframe, will this be incorporated in air force version also?

Enquirer

2. As mentioned by commodore Balaji here in the video below regarding the changes to NLCA airframe, will this be incorporated in air force version also?

Absolutely! Bigger wings and stretched fuselage is a definite go for Tejas Mk2 (air force).

1. Will NLCA have canards(basing this on the recent images of air force mk2 version with canards)
Most likely but not sure. NLCA demo'd with Levcons, but Tejas Mk2 is very likely going with canards. If commonality between platforms could be maintained then canards might be the better option for NLCA Mk2.

G10

Country flag
What happened to 3 and 4? Is next NP of mk2 standard?

Shashwat

Country flag
What happened to 3 and 4? Is next NP of mk2 standard?
Np5 will be twin seat Mk1 catering to imporvements gained from Np1/2. 3 and 4 will be Mk2 prototype.

https://web.archive.org/web/2015021...02/part-3-official-lca-navy-mk2-wishlist.html

Could you post the link to the video? Thanks.
I have the full video on my drive- the youtube ver. is a cut short video with snippets from Admiral.

Drive Video - (3.1Gb) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B-AuMHHW-IHcxm1V_UCsr0EwBdYD7uuO

harish.kaks

Can any one tell me , why the naval tejas mk2 is with out canards and the af mwf (Tejas mk2) is with canards. Is the naval mk2 version which has horizontal tail a good design than af mk2 ? I tried searching for articles comparing these two designs. But didn’t find any.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles