Narendra Modi in Beijing, tells China 'Pakistan is making use of you'

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Hu Jintao doesn't even speak english.
My original post, I indented to type "Have you ever wondered WHY the leaders of France and Japan and Korea do not know good English?"

Silly typo.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Hu Jin Tao is from Anhui or so I believe.

So does he speaks Bengbu dialect Zhongyuan Mandarin or Hefei dialect Jianghuai Mandarin or Wu or Gan or Huizhou dialects?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I was watching a programme on China and its cuisine on TLC - Planet something.

They did show come vegetarian food, but the ingredient were not quite the same we have in India.

I saw a mushroom of the Yue people which was shiny and black and huge!

People can mistake it for something as a creepy crawly! :)
Sir, I have a few kgs of those dried "creepy crawlys", they keep for years.

The most amazing vegetarian ingredients in Chinese cuisine are "mock meats". They make veggie proteins like gluten/seitan, soy/tofu, mushroom taste just like non-vegetarian stuff. From beef and pork to eels and ducks.

Mock meats better than the real thing? - Hindustan Times

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Chinese cuisine is actually fantastic in taste, types of cooking (boil/steam/grill/ roast and so on) and what a variety of ingredients and animal protein products and the change from Province to Province!!

That is why I wish to go on a Chinese cuisine tourism to China.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
that ....... yeah I know about corruption issues rather those of his lackies around him. he should have more control and be more authoritarian...

was BJP not against the US-India nuke deal that opened the world up to India inspite of the NPT?
First, a man is known by the company he keeps. One can not remain honest surrounded by the corrupt?

Being more authoriterain like Indira Gandhi? ? At this stage of Indian history? Americans love dictetors !

Third, has Nuclear agreement been of any use ?? You must be really not keeping a tag on things. American want to establish billions of dollars industry without any responsibility!

Time has proved them right who opposed it. Those who bought votes for it are in jail but only some !

Zebra

Country flag
Wannabe Yankee,

English can be his 4th of 10th language. It does not matter.

He speaks fluent Gujrati and Hindi. That should be enough as long as he is a good administrator in other aspects.

Have you ever wondered whether the leaders of France and Japan and Korea do not know good English?

That's good one . ;)

SPIEZ

Country flag
That is the first time I've ever heard him speak ( always read about him)- are you kidding me- this is the man for PM? he is absolutely a great person on the economic front, but you want this man- who gets flustered by questions, and comes across like english is his 4th language to be India's PM?
Hilarious what next, he should be a masters from US to become the PM ?????

JayATL

He is fluent in Hindi and that is good enough.

Besides, Karan thapar is a trickster; he will put words in your mouth, bring out excerpts from newspapers several years old and try to trap you into a puzzle of semantics. I see nothing wrong in how Modi reacted.
those were very " tricky" questions.... not!

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
What was the need for him to say this? Let China suck to pakis like US is doing. We should be least bothered about pakis. It is really amusing to see these too so called powerful nations paying Jiziya to pakis to keep themselves safe.

JayATL

Wannabe Yankee,

English can be his 4th of 10th language. It does not matter.

He speaks fluent Gujrati and Hindi. That should be enough as long as he is a good administrator in other aspects.

Have you ever wondered WHY the leaders of France and Japan and Korea do not know good English?
Oh Child of the lesser gods... my comment was more about his lack of communication skills ....and getting flustered over straightforward questions.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
What was the need for him to say this? Let China suck to pakis like US is doing. We should be least bothered about pakis. It is really amusing to see these too so called powerful nations paying Jiziya to pakis to keep themselves safe.
Nitesh,

modi is definitely looking to have a shot at the PM post, i am pretty convinced now.

i see it as no more than political rhetoric, more targeted towards audience at home so as to psyche-up the lot.

all we know is, he talked something on those lines, how the message was put across, in how many words,in what tone, is really not known and had he really meant all the rhetoric, by now he would have kicked out that chinese firm that pointed AP as a part of china, from which he is expecting 2,500cr investment.

as i said, he has certainly struck the cord and then he possibly wont be as bad a PM as the present one if given a chance, at least that is how it looks like.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
^^
I agree with you, he is looking for a larger role, but I think he has taken a wrong route. No need to worry about pakis.

JayATL

Nitesh,

modi is definitely looking to have a shot at the PM post, i am pretty convinced now.

i see it as no more than political rhetoric, more targeted towards audience at home so as to psyche-up the lot up.

all we know is, he talked something on those lines, how the message was put across, in how many words,in what tone, is really not known and had he really meant all the rhetoric by now he would have kicked out that chinese firm that pointed AP as a part of china, from which he is expecting 2,500cr investment.

as i said, he has certainly struck the cord and then he possibly wont be as bad a PM as the present one if given a chance, at least that is how it looks like.
I even have a thread started about party platform and nobody seems to know much. He is good for PM is based on what? what does the BJP stand for, domestic, economic, foreign policy? how do you guys vote for someone? ...

at a minimum you know- had you been the CEO at your current job and there was a monumental screw up (as the Gujrat riots), you would have been fired or forced to resign. I understand the man is great on investments ( that's not an economic policy per say. MMS opening the markets was more so)... but can you imagine if there was a national communal riots and him being in charge ? I know that's a bit dramatic of an example...but speaks to his competence in areas outside allowing investments..

your highest judical office holder, supreme court chief justice, called him out and rubished the characater of Modi. How you disregard such a character stain?

I have yet to understand the party platforms.... what do they , BJP, stand for? we know they were against what was the biggest deal/ win for india ( US-India nuke deal)

Last edited:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
^^
I agree with you, he is looking for a larger role, but I think he has taken a wrong route. No need to worry about pakis.
you recall 26/11 and his appearing at the gate way of india on the 2nd or the 3rd day, even that was not required, in fact he was booed down.

politicians, like those bigg boss contestants, play to get our attention. we can be pretty sure, this was all well planned before hand, and then delivering the message through the media was all a part of it.

now look what the message the jingos got?

here is a chap who is the next "iron man", its about positioning and selling yourself, and you dare not miss an opportunity when the whole national media is looking at you, and mr modi is way-way too smart for any such thing to go by.

bjp better start making way for this chap because if he has to play a role at the national politics then he needs to start playing a bigger role right after the 2012 state elections so that all the critisim he will face starts to fade away in one year's time and by the end of 2013, when rahul too will enter in a big way, he has crossed all the hurdles.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

JayATL

Your comment contained something about his lack of fluency in English. Did it, or did it not? :crazy:

It's becoming a practice for me to point out one silly comment of yours everyday. (Yesterday: http://defenceforumindia.com/foreig...tells-china-pakistan-making-2.html#post346462) :tsk:
It sure did - but spoke to lack of communication skills...

stick to your day job and not " practice" -
you have a tunnel vision approach- that makes it difficult to comprehend nuanced language"¦

KS

Bye bye DFI
that would be a personal opinion not based on the great leaps India has made economically and on the world stage under him.
The only great economic leap under this guy was petrol leaping from Rs 44 to 72 now ,the inflation leaping from about 4% to about 10% and the corruption leaping like never before.

If I remember it correctly- it was he who advocated for open markets...
You remember wrongly. The liberalization actually started under the rule of ChandrShekar itself and it was carried forward by the Narasimha Rao regime under guidance from the IMF. MMS played only the facilitator role. His role in India's economic liberalization is such a big hyperbole.that everyone has actually come to believe it now.

yeah I know about corruption issues rather those of his lackies around him. he should have more control and be more authoritarian...
Oh I can say the same about Narendra Modi handling the riots. He did not involve in the riots directly..rather only his lackeys. What say ?

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/manmohan-machiavelli-singh-shows-his-true-colours-120478.html

Defcon 1

Country flag
The only great economic leap under this guy was petrol leaping from Rs 44 to 72 now ,the inflation leaping from about 4% to about 10% and the corruption leaping like never before.
the rise in petrol prices is not his fault, on the back of an economic recession, all the governments of the world are suffering from high fiscal deficit and hence are trying to cut back on expenditure, hence, rise in petrol price was the only option....Actually I think it will be better for india in a longer run as it will make renewable energy resources relatively more attractive and new technologies like electric cars will reach us early...

JayATL

You remember wrongly. The liberalization actually started under the rule of ChandrShekar itself and it was carried forward by the Narasimha Rao regime under guidance from the IMF. MMS played only the facilitator role. His role in India's economic liberalization is such a big hyperbole.that everyone has actually come to believe it now.

Oh I can say the same about Narendra Modi handling the riots. He did not involve in the riots directly..rather only his lackeys. What say ?

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/manmohan-machiavelli-singh-shows-his-true-colours-120478.html
look i'm afraid your personal feelings is because of your RSS trait you have openly owned up to here. sure you could equate Modi and Congress corruption to MMS- if he was aware of it happening and remained complict in it. If you look at it honestly, he was blind sided by his party members.

I get the anger about congress's corruption but to say that man was a failure for India is a bridge too far and a dishonest character assination IMO. similar to blaming gas prices and inflation on him. those are economic happenstances coming out of global gas prices and inflation that was out of anybody's hand ( due to quick pace of growth).

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Modi has played excellent card. If Chinese want India, it has to leave Pakistan. Although, It won't work. Still, He made very sensible approach by sending ball in China's court. Best P.M candidate for 2014. :thumb:
Told ya didn't I? ;)

Global Defence

New threads

Articles