test firings. Missiles are being manufactured for further
trails and qualification. Your Company has received Hon’ble
Raksha Mantri’s Award for Excellence for Amogha-I Anti-
Tank Guided Missiles in Innovation category on 30 May

Amogha-II:- It is a Radio Frequency guidance, Semi-
Automatic Command to line of Sight (SACLOS) ATGM for
mechanized infantry. The development of the missile is
under progress. Test firing of Amogha-II from Ground
launcher was successful on 14th October, 2017.

Amogha-III:- It is a 3rd generation fire and forget, IIR seeker
based ATGM. System configuration has been finalized.
Design of sub-systems is under progress.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

shiphone

Country flag
LOL...the famous new generation idiot of this forum can't help jumpping out with those stupid words not helping any thread topic realted discussion again...very very indian...

-----------------------------
let's back to the topic.

I had mentioned several times before that the Nag's side thrusters act as 'control' elements.....even though most folks on several forums only harped that they're only 'boosters'.
would you please explain to us how this so called 'side thrusters 'control elements' function?

do you think all these ATGMs' Oblique engines have the control elements
eg.TOW, Spike, MMP, Kornet

Helina having gotten rid of the side-thrusters seems to have had 'control' issues. That explains why they're putting in thrust vectoring via jet-vanes!
what issues? any source?

again. it seems redesigned Helina still has the 'side-thrusters'...two nozzles instead of four which is more common.
CONFIRMED: The Helina redesign includes introduction of thrust vectoring via Jet-Vanes. This is quite a big design change....thankfully DRDO does have expertise in this area....but not sure how well they'll fare in miniaturizing it for the size of Helina!!!
how is it confirmed ?

and why 'Jet vane(TVC)' is applied on a horizontal/oblique launched , low speed flying vehicle (an ATGM)against stationary or slow moving ground targets...any necessary?

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Which 'Support battalion' will go into enemy territory before the offensive formation gets there? The bridge laying unit!!!
Why would a 'support battalion' need ATGMs if it's supporting from behind?
Pig vomit doesn't have a brain!!!!
1) I would beg to differ.
1.1) The BMP-2 based NAMICA is meant to replace BRDM-2. BRDM-2 did not have any weapon of the 30 mm caliber. Which means its employment doctrine does not call for such a capability. Maybe they retained an HMG for anti-infantry.
1.2) Equivalent role in British Army is performed by the Jackal-Scimitar combo. Scimitar is analogous to NAMICA/BRDM-2 and Jackal is analogous to TATA LSV/Windy. I was wondering if you could give an opinion on why NAMICA and BRDM-2 chose ATGM-only loadout whereas the Scimitar chose a cannon only loadout? Does it have to do with employment of attack helicopters in Britsh Army whereas absence of such assets (till now) in Indian Army?​

2) I would beg to differ yet again.
2.1) SUV like TATA LSV are already set to complement NAMICA in its role in R&S battalions. It can't hold the massive NAG missile. It will likely be equipped with a CLGM derivative or maybe even the MPATGM.
2.2) BMP is already equipped with a lighter ATGM. Nag is just too large to fit on Mech Inf's Sarath.
2.3) Tanks already can fire ATGM from main barrel. So no need for NAG again.
3) I hope that they make a new NAG missile carrier based on the FICV family of vehicles. BMP will be out by mid-2030s.

4) I wonder if BFSR are also used by R&S Battalions.

Not quite. Bridgeheads are established and secured before the engineers get to work laying the bridge. Or else bridging ops will be impossible because Engineers, like Armoured Recovery Vehicles, are prime targets for the enemy. Details follow:-
  1. The Engineers and Armoured formation will move together towards the home bank of the water obstacle.
  2. Armour secures home bank meanwhile Infantry assaults across obstacle to secure a lodgement on far bank.
  3. Lodgement is reinforced with armour to establish a bridgehead. Armour arrives on ferries set up by engineers or by fording or flotation.
  4. Engineers set to work modifying the gradient of the banks. Armoured Amphibous Dozer wades across to modify far bank.
  5. Bridge is launched (in case of BLT or Sarvatra) and assembled (in case of pontoon).
In river crossings, the first few pontoons are lowered into the river and connected to form a ferry. The tank climbs on it and this ferry is pushed across the river by two motorboats to secure the far bank first.This happens after some Infantry has made it across the river via helicopter insertion or boat assault and secured a lodgement. After the tank gets to the far bank, the ferry returns and becomes a part of the pontoon bridge being laid. For canal crossing ops, a few BMP are also used to float across and secure the far bank but not sure if it happens in large river crossings as well. Hopefully in the near future, helicopter gunships will also get integrated into providing fire support to the secure the lodgement at the far bank. Also hope that the DRDO makes that MLC 70 Amphibious Floating Bridge and Ferry System soon. Till now, they have only built this AFFS of MLC 30 class:-

^ Without upgrading this, we are forced to depend on old pontoon bridges that take an unacceptable 5 hours to bridge a 200 meter water obstacle. Hope DRDO hurries up.

Here is a good video about Indian Army crossing shallow water obstacles-

But I don't understand how the gradient at the banks was modified at the far bank. They did not show the Armoured Amphibous dozer at work. Maybe because it was a demonstration, not an actual exercise.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

NAMICA is meant for Recce and Support Battalions whose job is to scout. They are not meant to engage enemy is frontal assault even though the heavy loadout of the NAMICA suggests so. NAMICA and the TATA LSV that will complement it will primarily be tasked with "Recce by fire" missions. This is my understanding of the doctrine of employment of NAMICA in offensive role. In the defensive role, its role should be similar to the employment of the Jeep-mounted recoil-less rifles in the Battle of Asal Uttar.

My dear sir, he said that these were "not only boosters but control elements as well". You mistook it as him stating that the ATGM is powered throughout the flight by those control elements.

He did not say those are "not boosters but control elements"
He said those are "not only boosters but also control elements"

Hope you get it right this time.
That was good but beyond comprehension of someone who know only "pig Vomit"... as if he grew up with nothing but pig vomit.

He was telling the forum that NAG will be primarily used by Engineers to cross the canal.

He is unaware that :

* Engineers do not cross canal but make others cross it.
* That min range of NAG is 500m. Even if Engineers were to be equipped with NAG they would not fire it (No one would) overhead when Engineers are busy preparing home bank and afterwards.

* That there is something known as Recce and Support battalion.

* That canals are not everywhere and there is something called desert sector.

* That BMPs mounted with NAG (NAMICA) is a fully amphibious vehicle which can get across the canal along with and before other forces if opportunities so arise.

This man is a plain stupid compulsive abuser spreading "pig vomit" every where.

Enquirer

That was good but beyond comprehension of someone who know only "pig Vomit"... as if he grew up with nothing but pig vomit.

He was telling the forum that NAG will be primarily used by Engineers to cross the canal.

He is unaware that :

* Engineers do not cross canal but make others cross it.
* That min range of NAG is 500m. Even if Engineers were to be equipped with NAG they would not fire it (No one would) overhead when Engineers are busy preparing home bank and afterwards.

* That there is something known as Recce and Support battalion.

* That canals are not everywhere and there is something called desert sector.

* That BMPs mounted with NAG (NAMICA) is a fully amphibious vehicle which can get across the canal along with and before other forces if opportunities so arise.

This man is a plain stupid compulsive abuser spreading "pig vomit" every where.
Yeah right! 'Support battalion' that supports your flacid dick!
Bridge laying 'Engineers unit' also needs 'Support'!
The order for13 Namicas (outstanding for two decades) was specifically to 'Support' the Bridge laying Engineering unit!

If you can't follow logic or facts then roll up your dick and leave Mr. Pig Vomit!!

Enquirer

LOL...the famous new generation idiot of this forum can't help jumpping out with those stupid words not helping any thread topic realted discussion again...very very indian...

let's back to the topic.

would you please explain to us how this so called 'side thrusters 'control elements' function?

what issues? any source?

again. it seems redesigned Helina still has the 'side-thrusters'...two nozzles instead of four which is more common.

how is it confirmed ?

and why 'Jet vane(TVC)' is applied on a horizontal/oblique launched , low speed flying vehicle (an ATGM)against stationary or slow moving ground targets...any necessary?
I am normally a very verbose guy. I love to provide lengthy explanations with source material. But then there's a catch......I need to be asked politely and courteously!
I am very loathe to suffer fools.

Enquirer

Also, you're a confirmed IDIOT who thinks that the Helina missile in that picture has TWO nozzles :)

You've have ZERO idea about that tiny 'hole' is the center, right? That's NOT a nozzle, you moron!
And you're the same asshole who advised that I should read 'missile textbooks'? :)

It's a consistent pattern: The jerks who have least knowledge of anything make the most noise!

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag

let's back to the topic.

what issues? any source?

how is it confirmed ?

You have no idea about missile technology !
No wonder Chinese missile don't work!

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

Enquirer

1) Bridgeheads are established and secured before the engineers get to work laying the bridge. Or else bridging ops will be impossible because Engineers, like Armoured Recovery Vehicles, are prime targets for the enemy.
.....and the securing happens by amphibious vehicles like the purported Namica wading across the water body in the process.

A pontoon may have been used at some point to transport tank. But think logically! Why would the Army want TWO separate entities (tank/missileCarrier AND a pontoon) to accomplish the task, when a single amphibious entity can (& should) do the job?

Namica is designed and required to secure the opposite bank AND get there all by itself!!!

Prashant12

Country flag
India today successfully test fired Man Portable Anti Tank Guided Missile system from a firing range in Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh. This is the 3rd successful test firing of missile system which is being developed for Indian Army’s need for 3rd generation Anti-tank guided missile.

Successful test firing of the Man Portable Anti Tank Guided Missile system by DRDO from a firing range in Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh, today.

Prashant12

Country flag
Man Portable Anti Tank Guided Missile system successfully hitting its target during the test firing by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) from a firing range in Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh, today. All test parameters were met.

Shadow

Country flag
So how many more tests before we see its induction?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles