McDonald's 'made married couple sit apart' in Pakistan restaurant

Blackwater

McDonald's is at the centre of a row over Islamic values in Pakistan after a customer complained he was told not to sit beside his wife because managers feared it would damage the restaurant's family reputation.

Noman Ansari, who stopped at a branch in Karachi for a diet Coke on Saturday night, said the episode was a symptom of an increasingly intolerant nation.
A spokesman for McDonald's said it was investigating the complaint.
Mr Ansari said trouble started when he sat next to his wife and slipped an arm behind her shoulder.
A member of staff told the couple to move but when they again sat beside each other in an adjacent booth it became clear that the issue was not their location, but the proximity of a man and a woman in public.
In an account posted on his blog, Mr Ansari said he was told: "Sir, this is a family restaurant. Couples sitting together is against the policy of McDonald's Pakistan, as it goes against the family atmosphere of the restaurant."

Two managers then told him that couples sitting together damaged the "Islamic family atmosphere" of McDonald's, according to the account.
The alleged incident highlighted a difficult issue for Pakistan's restaurants, particularly fast food chains where loud music and glitzy American decor try to coexist with the country's strict rules on modesty.
Many – including some branches of McDonald's – have partitioned areas for families, to separate men from women.
Ali Arsalan, McDonald's Pakistan assistant marketing manager, said the company tried to foster a family atmosphere and confirmed it was looking into Mr Noman's grievance.
"If there is some physical action it is possible that a family might have raised a complaint and asked the couple to have sit on a separate seat because we have sisters or mothers there," he said.

Multinational fast food companies frequently struggle with local religious and cultural sensibilities
Last month, Pizza Hut Pakistan was forced to withdraw its "all you can eat" offer during Ramadan in order to end what it called an "invitation to gluttony" as customers gorged themselves at the end of a day of fasting.
:taunt1::taunt1::taunt1:

McDonald's 'made married couple sit apart' in Pakistan restaurant - Telegraph

pmaitra

So three-somes and n-somes, i.e., multi-partner sex does not offend anyone, but husband placing his arms around his wife in public offends. Excellent!

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
This is very good news. Inshallah, Pakistan will become a "purer and purer" nation as time goes by, and eventually, all these haram things like McDonald's will not exist in Pakistan anymore to act as a corrupting influence on the purest of the pure!

natarajan

So three-somes and n-somes, i.e., multi-partner sex does not offend anyone, but husband placing his arms around his wife in public offends. Excellent!
Another sorrow is this muslim men marry n number of women and the abandoned one has to be taken care by government example WB in india ,is it government becoming husband of abandoned muslim women that too at the cost of tax payers money

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Another sorrow is this muslim men marry n number of women and the abandoned one has to be taken care by government example WB in india ,is it government becoming husband of abandoned muslim women that too at the cost of tax payers money
Why does an Indian state come into the picture on a thread on Pakistan?

KSP

Lol.. I have seen people kissing, hugging and what not in places such as Mcd in India.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
well May be this is true

a similar news as such i know about India.couple beaten for kissing or many more such incidence

but i dont want to be like sir farigh

agentperry

well May be this is true

a similar news as such i know about India.couple beaten for kissing or many more such incidence

but i dont want to be like sir farigh
kissing and eating burger together is one and the same case for you? eating pizza gives you an orgasmic high?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles