MAHABHARATA: An epic novel to turn Rs. 1,000-crore film (My Wish Came True)

Berkut

Country flag
How about Diljit Dosanjh as Arjun. Prabhas as Bheem. Nimrat Kaur as Draupadi. BigB as Bheeshma Pitamah.

Rather than a single movie, I would prefer a 3 part series.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Rather than a single movie, I would prefer a 3 part series.
I doubt anyone can make Mahabharath in a single movie.
People forget what makes a movie from being a hit to a roaring tsunami. It's the characters. It's the viewers falling in love with them and connecting to them emotionally. Baahubali was a success because audiences cared for the characters.

Mahabharath under 3 hours!! Even 3 movies would be less in my opinion.
Just too many characters.
For example, The valor & death of Abhimanyu will leave an impact only if there is enough screen time to develop his character. Similarly for Karna, same goes for Bhishma etc etc.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Such kind of ridiculous pop-literature has been taught in our 'esteemed' univs in the past, in the name of 'alt history'. needless to say that the subjects of this 'alterisation' have always been the doormats of the nation - the Hindus. Sun ke lene waalon ke kaan mein koi bhi aira-gaira natthu khaira mootkar chala jaata hai! Forget alt-history, no ghantallectual would even think of an idea to make a movie on the history of islamism or churchianity!

And ofourse there will be many Hindus who'll definitely boycott if such a crap is manufactured, but there'll also be quite a few of the kind who'll think "what goes of our father?!", "Why does or would it bother us?!" too. We have 1-2 examples of such on this forum alone.

@Kshatriya87 - SS Rajamouli's the one who's gonna fulfill your dream! And deliver ONE SHOLLID KICK to MT's freudian fantasies!
Apologies. Didn't know this guy.

Recently I went to cross words to buy a book. Lined up in the front on display were all "Shiva trilogy" kind of books written by copy cats about Indian history but explained in a modern way. "SO THAT PEOPLE CAN UNDERSTAND THROUGH MODERN PERSPECTIVE".

BS. All history is changed in those books. Today's ignorant kids will just take that as the real history. You won't believe how many people have asked me and even dared to tell me that Shiva trilogy is the true story of lord shiva.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
I doubt anyone can make Mahabharath in a single movie.
People forget what makes a movie from being a hit to a roaring tsunami. It's the characters. It's the viewers falling in love with them and connecting to them emotionally. Baahubali was a success because audiences cared for the characters.

Mahabharath under 3 hours!! Even 3 movies would be less in my opinion.
Just too many characters.
For example, The valor & death of Abhimanyu will leave an impact only if there is enough screen time to develop his character. Similarly for Karna, same goes for Bhishma etc etc.
The original book itself is in 9 volumes of around 1000 pages each. No one can make a movie on Mahabharata in a single 3 hour video. All the crucial conversations and logic will be lost.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
And how the heck are they going to condense the essence of the entire Mahabharat in a two-and-a-half-hour film? It's going to be a flop show of epic dimensions (pun unintended!)

raja696

Best idea is before making of mahabharata work inititiated, smart move is to take animation episodes for extracting essence(ex marvel comics etc). And release those episodes in you tube for community reactions and comments. Assess what the pandits and scholars take on it related to scriptures.

Animation episodes dont need to be high quality , even cartoons will do the job.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles