Mahabharat is now available for free !

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Okay a break from some of the 'politically motivated' threads !

Remember that 1980s show that your parents probably watched ? It's now free ! (courtesy of rajshri media)

Here is the direct link: Mahabharat

YouTube link (poor quality but loads faster): Mahabharat

It's on Hulu too ! (only for US users though): Mahabharat - Full Episodes and Clips streaming online - Hulu

Caution: It's from the 1980s, so expect it to be a bit cheesy :p

Last edited:

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
Ive been watching it and I must say cheesy doesn't cut it. There's some truly horrendous acting in this thing!!!! Still, I can't stop watching it

Iamanidiot

Seriously some of the telugu movies of Mahabharata starring NTR are leagues ahead of the Hindi serial

pmaitra

That is great news.

I would also like to suggest these by C. Rajagopalachari, my favourite of all who interpreted the Ramayana and Mahabharata into concise English text:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Okay a break from some of the 'politically motivated' threads !

Remember that 1980s show that your parents probably watched ? It's now free ! (courtesy of rajshri media)

Here is the direct link: Mahabharat

YouTube link (poor quality but loads faster): Mahabharat

It's on Hulu too ! (only for US users though): Mahabharat - Full Episodes and Clips streaming online - Hulu

Caution: It's from the 1980s, so expect it to be a bit cheesy :p
I like the part of Bhim and Lord Krishna especially or more precisely the actors who did that roles.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Seriously some of the telugu movies of Mahabharata starring NTR are leagues ahead of the Hindi serial
NTR was the undisputed choice to reprise the role of Lord Krishna in both Tamil and Telugu movies...:D

Oracle

These epics has tremendous importance when it comes to politics.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Quality movies should be made on our history rather than some old romantic crap where hero takes on whole army and survives.

Vyom

Seeker
In terms of acting, it is comparable to the most top notch that even Hindi cinema has ever seen. Each of the prominent actors played their characters to near perfection.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
mukesh khanna stood out, from being a young lad in his teens, a son to being great grand father (or was it great-great grand father since pandavs too had their kids), it was a very well enacted role. take the body language, expressions or dialogue delivery, he simply stood out, and all this when he was either in his late 20s or had just touched 30s then.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Why don't we make good movies on Indian history and ancient culture? There are so many tales to tell, so many figures that stand tall.
One could easily find good movies in this genre for European or Chinese history, but we lag behind.

Regards,
Virendra

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
In terms of acting, it is comparable to the most top notch that even Hindi cinema has ever seen. Each of the prominent actors played their characters to near perfection.
If this is true then the bar set for acting is embarrassingly low. The acting here is comically bad.

But still they did the best they could with the resources they had at the time.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles