LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Defcon 1

Country flag
The Mark 1 & 2 has very similar nose area, squeezing the IRST on the Mark1A shouldn't be impossible.
To squeeze an IRST, we need to have an IRST first of all. It hasn't been developed yet.

Defcon 1

Country flag
If so. It will exceed Gripen E in capabilities and in MWF avatar it will kick its ass...
And I will be doing:balleballe::balleballe::balleballe:
Gripen E will still carry more fuel and load than MK1A. As for Brahmos NG, Gripen already has RBS-15. Tejas has a long way to go before it can beat Gripen E.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
If so. It will exceed Gripen E in capabilities and in MWF avatar it will kick its ass...
And I will be doing:balleballe::balleballe::balleballe:
Grpen e is out of race....
If mmrca goes successful...then I belive it woulde...f21 or rafale or f18
Rafale costs more so may be f21 or f18

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag

IndianHawk

Country flag

Defcon 1

Country flag
Indigenous irst and spj are in development...
Bro...
I had read.......it
Exactly, are in development, not ready. Mk1A is not about any new component development. It is only about integration of already developed components and LRU reconfiguration. For any chance of having an IRST on Mk1A, the IRST has to be ready today.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Gripen E will still carry more fuel and load than MK1A. As for Brahmos NG, Gripen already has RBS-15. Tejas has a long way to go before it can beat Gripen E.
Gripen E is comparable to mwf . It is bigger and not yet ready. Gripen E will attend foc only by 2023 or 2024. Mwf will be here by 2027 .
Not that far behind really.

Bramhos Ng will be here with mk1/mk1a itself by 2023.
Mk1/mk1a are more than a match for current operational gripen c/d.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

IndianHawk

Country flag
Also RBS 15 is not comparable to bramhos Ng.
As bramhos Ng speed is 3.5 Mach while RBS 15 is 0.9 Mach. Bramhos Ng is far more deadly and dangerous capability than RBS 15.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Exactly, are in development, not ready. Mk1A is not about any new component development. It is only about integration of already developed components and LRU reconfiguration. For any chance of having an IRST on Mk1A, the IRST has to be ready today.
As of now. Irst will go into mwf and not in mk1a.
Mk1a will have aesa , unified ew suite , AAR ,
Dual rack for missiles. External spj .

Defcon 1

Country flag
As bramhos Ng speed is 3.5 Mach while RBS 15 is 0.9 Mach. Bramhos Ng is far more deadly and dangerous capability than RBS 15.

No missile is comparable to Brahmos NG. The point I was trying to make is that Gripen already has an antiship missile. So just by having Brahmos NG, Mk1A will not automatically become superior to Gripen NG.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Gripen E is comparable to mwf . It is bigger and not yet ready. Gripen E will attend foc only by 2023 or 2024. Mwf will be here by 2027 .
Not that far behind really.

Bramhos Ng will be here with mk1/mk1a itself by 2023.
Mk1/mk1a are more than a match for current operational gripen c/d.

Even Brahmos A is not properly integrated with Sukhoi 30. Brahmos NG has not even gone through first flight. It will have a long development cycle. Then there is integration of the missile with the platform, which will take its own sweet time. Brahmos NG-Mk1A combination is not going to happen before 2025 at the earliest.

IndianHawk

Country flag
No............................
I did some searching.
Found this photo. Don't know how accurate.
But it says 2052 has 1114 T/R module .
Should be quite powerful than . I think that is also development target for Uttam.

For rbe 2 following image says 898 actual module while 1000 claimed.

If Uttam is already at 800 module than its quite close to maturity density wise although flight testing will take time.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Even Brahmos A is not properly integrated with Sukhoi 30. Brahmos NG has not even gone through first flight. It will have a long development cycle. Then there is integration of the missile with the platform, which will take its own sweet time. Brahmos NG-Mk1A combination is not going to happen before 2025 at the earliest.
Even then we are not that far behind from gripen program. We will get similar capabilities or better than gripen just a few years behind. And they will be indegenios.
Meanwhile we have sukhoi with bramhos A which outrange RBS and scalp with rafale is coming in September. So lca has time to catch up.

Kchontha

Country flag
Aa

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Global Defence

New threads

Articles