Kanpur Ordnance Factory has developed 155 MM field gun

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
I am not able to see my posts here...

The posting I did previously r not visible.....

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Most important is the claim of not having a single component that is imported. Congratulations to OFB.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
So basically we now have a replacement called P-1?
Its not a replacement but addition to existing guns..

Old Bofors will be updated to 45cal from 39cal and newer 45cal will fill up the need for 1580 guns..

52cal and 45cal effects are almost the same, 45cal is a meter shorter than 52cal, But both hit with Bleed base till 40kms..

52cal gives a little more..

agentperry

you know how the quest for making every spare for bofor by ourselves begin?

the drawings of the spares provided to ofb for making spares at home were faulty, they were distorted, it lead to huge losses and trouble operating bofor gun. spares for it were imported even though it was breach of contract.

all fault lies on bofors.

then only ofb was ordered to analyse and make each and every spare on their own.

this comes from former director of ofb i met

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
thanks parry for this info, this means even if drawings and TOT is given still vender can screw us big time.
Therefor home product is always better in comparsion in long run.
Can some please tell me what is difference between 45 & 52 caliber gun for layman.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
There are many slips between the Cup and lips.

Let the user have a final say and I assure you they are not foreigners or ani Indians. However, the important fact is that their lives are involved.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Can some please tell me what is difference between 45 & 52 caliber gun for layman.
A 52cal gun is a meter longer than a 45cal gun in length..

52cal gun with ordinary ammo is
19 km (12 mi) (with M107), Where as 45cal gun with ordinary ammo is 18 kms ( With M107 )

Both Guns with Special ammo:

19,000 m (HE)
41,600 m (Extended range full-bore-base)
52-56,000 m (BB+RAP extended range)

Their will be slight difference but more or less same..

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
करगिल युद्द में दुश्मन को नाको चबाने वाली बोफोर्स तोप के लिए अब भारत को स्वीडन जैसे देश का मुंह ताकने की जरुरत नहीं रह गई है देश की कानपुर आयुध फैक्ट्री में पूरी तरह से स्वदेशी बोफोर्स गन बनकर तैयार हो गई है देसी इंजीनियरों के मुताबिक यह तोप बोफोर्स तोप से कहीं बेहतर है।

इस देसी बोफोर्स तोप का नाम पी-1(55) रखा गया है। आपको बता दें कि 1984 से 1990 के बीच स्वीडन से करीब 400 बोफोर्स तोपो का आयात किया गया था लेकिन विवादों के कारण इसका और आयात नहीं हो सका। इस तोप ने करगिल युद्ध में अहम भूमिका निभाई थी। रक्षा मंत्रालय और आयुध निर्माण बोर्ड के बीत तमाम रिसर्च और प्रोयग के बाद ऐसी 414 तोप बनाने को लेकर सहमति हो गई है।

यह गन एक मिनट में आठ राउंड फायर कर सकती है इसे किसी भी मोर्चे पर आसानी से तैनात किया जा सकता है। इसका 155 एमएम का गोला तीस किलोमीटर तक निशाना लगाने में सक्षम है जिसकी रेंज 40 किलोमीटर तक बढ़ाई जा सकती है। इस तोप की खास बात यह है कि इसका एक भी पुर्जा आयात नहीं किया गया है सारे पुर्जे देश में ही बनाए गए हैं।

Link:-
à¤*ारतीय à¤"¡Ã Â¤,जीनियरà¥"¹Ã Â¤, à¤"¢Ã Â¤Â¾ à¤"¢Ã Â¤Â®Ã Â¤Â¾Ã Â¤Â² बना डाली बà¥"¹Ã Â¤Â«Ã Â¥"¹Ã Â¤Â°Ã Â¥ï¿½Ã Â¤Â¸ सà¥"¡ बà¥"¡Ã Â¤Â¹Ã Â¤Â¤Ã Â¤Â° तà¥"¹Ã Â¤Âª - india made bofors gun - www.bhaskar.com

Bofors gun is better than ever.

The indigenous name of Bofors gun P-1 (55) is placed. Ministry of Defence of the Board of Ordnance Research and Proyg passed since all this has been agreed to make 414 cannon.

This gun can fire eight rounds in a minute it can be deployed easily on any front. The 155 mm gun capable of firing thirty kilometers, which can extend up to 40 km range. the best part in the article

1. Not a single spare is imported
2. Ministry of Defence of the Board of Ordnance Research and Proyg passed since all this has been agreed to make 414 cannon.
If this gun is good then it would be a big step in Defense Industry who has to look to small countries like Sweden,Switzerland(whose combined population is less than any major Indian metro like Delhi,Mumbai).We should be producing these conventional stuff like those at home but still import paying huge tax money to foreign countries.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
So we made the Howitzer? I am dam sure the army will reject it and go for a foreign crap.

hitesh

any one know the 155mm gun that lost to Boforce in 80's was a french one

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles