Japan's PM vows to help Philippines amid China row

s002wjh

Country flag
Wow so whats the point of you making treaties then?
its will depend on type of war. if china attack japan mainland or invade okinawa etc then US will get involved directly. if china only try to push for acquiring the uninhabited island, a limited conflict. US will probably just provide intel/logistic/slap economy stuff on china etc but wont go toward a direct war against china. same with china attack some island in SCS, not mainland. especially if phillippine/japan fire 1st shot, then US have an excuse not to directly involved in the conflict, but provide support behind.

US will say we support the MDT etc, or even put few carrier groups for show of force, but those event might just be bluffing. a direct conflict between US/china will devasted both, which neither willing to go there for few rocks.

no smoking

Country flag
When push comes to shove in the Pacific the US has 2 choices: 1) Honor its MDTs with Japan and Philippines (show to allies and China that the US will defend its position in the Pacific) or 2) Appease China by staying neutral (a tacit ceding of the Pacific to China). Which path do you think the US will choose?
If USA is till enjoying its overwhelming advantage in military power like today, they will honor their duties.
If USA can only win a war with great cost (such as the loss of half of its fleet), they will find a back door in their treaty. They are the best lawyers of the world. They did that before and they will do that again.

Zero_Wing

Wow were did you study international law mao academy of lairs deserves and imperialist?

aerokan

Country flag
I do not understand Japanese policy. Presently they are sending their Vice Foreign Minister Akitaka Saiki to china for improving tie over Senkaku island matter and other side they want to support Philippines against china. Do Japanese want to shoot the Chinese by putting gun on other country's shoulder?
Nope. Japanese know how Chinese think. They know for sure that whatever China says in the foreground, it will be preparing for an attack in the background. They know the cunning Chinese more than anyone else. Chinese will surely come back and blame Japanese for failed negotiations..because Japan wouldn't accept Chinese idiotic claims.

aerokan

Country flag
what kind hegemonic are you refer too. the dayio island is dispute betweeh china/taiwan vs japan, SCS has dispute between several nations. if we look at japan dispute, it has dispute with korea, russia, taiwan, and china.
china never claim anything on australia.
the only reason china is in the spotlight is because its big and has power to do its bidding. all the other nation has same amount of dispute compare to china. look at vietnam dispute vs phillippine, mala, burnei etc etc
Any sane person with an iota of common sense and a little self-respect would consider Chinese nine-dotted line claim as a threat. For a Chinese, let me explain in simple terms. Any claims like nine-dotted line is considered hegemonic.

s002wjh

Country flag
Any sane person with an iota of common sense and a little self-respect would consider Chinese nine-dotted line claim as a threat. For a Chinese, let me explain in simple terms. Any claims like nine-dotted line is considered hegemonic.
those 9-dot line are inherit from ROC aka taiwan. china already said, it claim the islands within the line, not the entire ScS, and they won't stop freedom of navigation.

i think vietnam claim is even more outrageous, their claim is twic size of their country.

aerokan

Country flag
those 9-dot line are inherit from ROC aka taiwan. china already said, it claim the islands within the line, not the entire ScS, and they won't stop freedom of navigation.

i think vietnam claim is even more outrageous, their claim is twic size of their country.
Does it make any less stupid if the 9-dotted line is inherited from ROC? If china is insistent on claiming the just the islands, it should have claimed just the islands, not make a 9-dotted line engulfing the entire sea. If America owns some islands in Asia did it create a n-dotted line marking half of the ocean and saying we claim only that island in that sea? Did France do that? UK? Did Vietnam do that? Or Philippines?

When Chinese say they won't stop freedom of navigation, it means that 'we own the SCS, but we will let your ships pass through without hindrance under our surveillance" I don't need to explain this veil of deceptive logic to you as you are a Chinese. The words 'freedom of navigation' has a different meaning for China.

s002wjh

Country flag
Does it make any less stupid if the 9-dotted line is inherited from ROC? If china is insistent on claiming the just the islands, it should have claimed just the islands, not make a 9-dotted line engulfing the entire sea. If America owns some islands in Asia did it create a n-dotted line marking half of the ocean and saying we claim only that island in that sea? Did France do that? UK? Did Vietnam do that? Or Philippines?

When Chinese say they won't stop freedom of navigation, it means that 'we own the SCS, but we will let your ships pass through without hindrance under our surveillance" I don't need to explain this veil of deceptive logic to you as you are a Chinese. The words 'freedom of navigation' has a different meaning for China.

i already said, china says, they claim the island within the 9-dot line. thats why its 9-dot, and not a solid line. when military ships pass through mexican golf, US also monitor its activities. same when ship pass through indian ocean. what china want to claim is the land & resource, same with vietnam/phillippine etc the only difference is china is much stronger than those countries.

Now do i think china should have all the islands/resource in ScS, NO. but neither does vietnam/phillippine has sole claim on the area. All the involve parties has legit claim on these, but none want to share the resource, its either all or nothing attitude

aerokan

Country flag
i'm an american, tell me what other country that has disputed with china on SCS, that japan can work with?
Just for clarification, incase of a USA vs CHINA war, who will you support?

You may be an American citizen now, but what you are not telling him is that you are a Chinese by ethnicity and biased towards China. Half information is as good as totally biased info.

aerokan

Country flag
i already said, china says, they claim the island within the 9-dot line. thats why its 9-dot, and not a solid line. when military ships pass through mexican golf, US also monitor its activities. same when ship pass through indian ocean. what china want to claim is the land & resource, same with vietnam/phillippine etc the only difference is china is much stronger than those countries.

Now do i think china should have all the islands/resource in ScS, NO. but neither does vietnam/phillippine has sole claim on the area. All the involve parties has legit claim on these, but none want to share the resource, its either all or nothing attitude
If we go by what China says, we would be called fools and idiots. Nehru believed in China and look what everybody calls him now. Dotted line or solid line doesn't make any difference in the way China does things. If China is claiming islands like Vietnam/Philippines then there is no issue. But China is not doing just that. It's claiming entire resource of the ocean

s002wjh

Country flag
[HR][/HR]
If we go by what China says, we would be called fools and idiots. Nehru believed in China and look what everybody calls him now. Dotted line or solid line doesn't make any difference in the way China does things. If China is claiming islands like Vietnam/Philippines then there is no issue. But China is not doing just that. It's claiming entire resource of the ocean
really have you look at the area vietnam claim, its all the way to phillippine, look at what phillippine claim cover taiwan,vietnam and others, all the way to burnei. so for a country size of vietnam/phillippine its ok to claim ocean twice/3 time of their country size all the way to other parties border, but its not ok for size/population of china claim the islands.

now if china only claim island in ScS which reduce the 9-dot line significanly, is that ok now? or better yet how much china should claims? 1/100 size of china or just 1 or 2 island, whats the defination of who should claim which part of ScS?

the only reason these country complain is because they don't have the economy/military power of china. if they do, they will do the same things. even now when look at vietnam/phillippine claim, its MUCH larger then their mainland, 1 claim about 2/3, the other claim about 1/3 of ScS. so vietnam claim 1/3-2/3 of ScS, twice/larger than vietnam is ok now?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
[HR][/HR]

really have you look at the area vietnam claim, its all the way to phillippine, look at what phillippine claim cover taiwan,vietnam and others, all the way to burnei. so for a country size of vietnam/phillippine its ok to claim ocean twice/3 time of their country size all the way to other parties border, but its not ok for size/population of china claim the islands.

now if china only claim island in ScS which reduce the 9-dot line significanly, is that ok now? or better yet how much china should claims? 1/100 size of china or just 1 or 2 island, whats the defination of who should claim which part of ScS?

the only reason these country complain is because they don't have the economy/military power of china. if they do, they will do the same things. even now when look at vietnam/phillippine claim, its MUCH larger then their mainland, 1 claim about 2/3, the other claim about 1/3 of ScS. so vietnam claim 1/3-2/3 of ScS, twice/larger than vietnam is ok now?
Irrationality has been churned by the ridiculous Chinese claim and all are out to ensure that they too get a share of the pie!

Let the UN Law on the seas be the sole arbiter!

s002wjh

Country flag
Just for clarification, incase of a USA vs CHINA war, who will you support?

You may be an American citizen now, but what you are not telling him is that you are a Chinese by ethnicity and biased towards China. Half information is as good as totally biased info.
of course US. but i doubt there will be a war. and fighting china will be disater for both country. I'm not bias toward china, i came here VERY young, i'm what ppl call 2nd gen. and work for US military for very long time. if you look at other forum i constantly criticize china on multiple issues. but when i think something is false, ill speak up. this is also because i went to china, have chinese friends so understand it better than others.

on ScS i don't think any party has sole right on it. but will get a big chump of ScS because of its economy/military/soft power. No matter how you look at it, might is right to a degrees. and china will use its power for their own interest. if vietnam/phillippine has the same power, They will do exactly the samething.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
on ScS i don't think any party has sole right on it. but will get a big chump of ScS because of its economy/military/soft power. No matter how you look at it, might is right to a degrees. and china will use its power for their own interest. if vietnam/phillippine has the same power, They will do exactly the samething.
MIght is right.

That is why your adopted country is flexing its muscle out there, so that with might, there is also justice?

s002wjh

Country flag
Irrationality has been churned by the ridiculous Chinese claim and all are out to ensure that they too get a share of the pie!

Let the UN Law on the seas be the sole arbiter!
UN law is not gonna do a darn things. if mexico claim mexican gulf, and UN law favor mexico, you think US will let mexico to have mexican gulf. same with china, whoever has more soft power/economy/military, who is gonna get a bigger piece of pie. and ist not like china don't have legit excuse to claim it. ScS was documented since ming dynasty, chinese fisherman use it for years. of course vietnam/phillippine also has legit excuse, but eventually it will depend on if china willing to share and if other willion to accpet less fair deal or lose all.

history has show full of these example, US/mexican war, spainish war, recent wars in middle east etc.

s002wjh

Country flag
MIght is right.

That is why your adopted country is flexing its muscle out there, so that with might, there is also justice?
india also throw its weight around with its less neighbor. US interest, china interest, india interest it all depend on its soft power/economy/military. people think there is actual justice when come to national security and interest, need to re-examed their belief.

does the land occupy by israle/west gaza belong to palaestine? israel has its since after WWII, and continue expand into palaestine territory.

you think phillippine will statisfy with few islands if they have the economic/military power of china?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
When India throws its weight, that will be the day!

Israel has expanded its territory taking a leaf from the successful imperialist and hegemonic success of China.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles