ISRO General News and Updates

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
INSAT-4CR was launched by GSLV 12 years ago; it's replacement is being launched by Ariane!!
Irony epitomized!!

INSAT-4CR's planned lifetime was 12 years! It's a surprise that it lasted the full 12 years despite the launch hiccups (where GSLV underperformed and some of the satellite's fuel was used up for orbit raising)

Is ISRO going the DRDO way - poor planning??
ISRO's launch frequency is low.
Although production has gone up and launcher assembling time too has been cut down significantly, ISRO is still busy with two many missions in this quarter, yet needed GSAT-31.

Even after boosting GSLV Mk3's cap to 6 tonnes to GTO, ISRO is going to continue to use Arianespace to stop gap till our launch frequency exceeds 10 per year. At least till 2022-23.

Enquirer

ISRO's launch frequency is low.
Although production has gone up and launcher assembling time too has been cut down significantly, ISRO is still busy with two many missions in this quarter, yet needed GSAT-31.

Even after boosting GSLV Mk3's cap to 6 tonnes to GTO, ISRO is going to continue to use Arianespace to stop gap till our launch frequency exceeds 10 per year. At least till 2022-23.
That should be considered a crime!
After spending decades of research to attain the capability, ISRO is not able to fully utilize the fruits of labor?
It's like HAL....
ISRO definitely seems to be going DRDO/HAL route - only interested in running after new shiny objects like gaganyaan, mangalyaan, humanyaan for scientific interest.
DRDO also was very happy scrapping projects and starting new ones - just having fun; until Parrikar told them that no new projects can start until they've COMPLETED existing ones.
ISRO should set proper production planning in place before running after shiny objects.

ISRO is clearly dropping the ball here. Somehow ISRO used to appear as the darling compared to the dysfunctional DRDO....and too many folks are rushing to defend it....

Last edited:

Enquirer

As @Chinmoy said, there were rumours that ISRO was asked by France to give additional business in terms of GSAT30 and GSAT31 launch to compensate for India caused delays and mismanagement in launching GSAT 11.
Dude! You and Chinmoy always keep chasing rumors; and worse u use those rumors to justify everything under the sun :)

Also, good luck with your move to Singapore! Hope you're enjoying the new place.

Advaidhya Tiwari

Even after boosting GSLV Mk3's cap to 6 tonnes to GTO, ISRO is going to continue to use Arianespace to stop gap till our launch frequency exceeds 10 per year. At least till 2022-23
GSLV is not yet capable of launching 6ton to GTO. The semi cryogenic engines are not yet ready and hence it will take till 2022-23. Proper testing have to be completed before operationalizing GSLV new version.

Also, ISRO already planned to launch 12 satellites in 2018 but wascut short duw to technical glitch. Otherwise te launh frequency has already gone up as can be seen with the rapid pace of launches in last 3 months. Also, GSLV launch is unlikely to be over 6 a year. 10 a year is too extreme. There is not enough requirement for that many GSLV launches

happylion

Country flag
The problem is that the government sanctions the number of launches that ISRO does. The number of GSLV Mk II and III launches sanctioned for the next 3 years was given in some article some time back was pretty low so maybe they are constrained that way. Its not jus-t I need so I will launch type of sanctioning that is going on at present. Budgetary clearances have to be given still. I think the SSLV launches may not hopefully) be put under that constraint. Antrix has to arrange payload schedules for even PSLV around the sanctioned launches too.

Enquirer

The logic presented by some folks here is so ridiculous!
ISRO was constrained by the Indian government via low allocation of budget for GSLVs, as such to overcome his constraint ISRO went for Ariane launches?? Eh??

That's right! If you can't afford bread, eat cake!

Last edited:

chetan chopade

Cap2ture.JPG

Small satellites will bring in revolution-drdo-chairman

<https://www.chetansindiaspaceflight.com/2019/02/news-update-small-satellites-and.html>

G Satheesh Reddy, Secretary, Department of Defence R&D, and DRDO chairman said that, satellites are made available smaller in the size, lesser cost and weight because of improvements in technologies like propulsion, electronics, structures and payloads.

As the trend will continue, we shall see even smaller and lighter satellites in future.

He was speaking at an International Conference related to the issue.

“The modest facilities needed to design and build small satellites boosted innovative startups. Small satellites will bring in a new revolution in the world and network of space-borne sensors will lead us towards Internet of Satellites/ Space Wide Web in future,” he said.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

note: in last PSLV launch, DRDO was ISRO's customer where satellite was built completely at DRDO labs and ISRO only had to integrate and launch.

chetan chopade

News update: ISRO formally asks IAF to select & train astronaut candidates

<https://www.chetansindiaspaceflight.com/2019/02/news-update-isro-formally-asks-iaf-to.html>
download.jpg

Source: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...onauts-for-gaganyaan/articleshow/67931668.cms

ISRO has formally requested IAF to select and train 10 astronaut candidates for Gaganyaan project.

ISRO chairman K Sivan said, “We have fixed all criteria and requirements for crew selection and training and submitted the same to the IAF. The air force has now been given the full task of selection and training of the crew. The first two levels of training of the crew will happen at the IAF’s Institute of Aerospace Medicine (IAM, Bengaluru) and the final phase of training will be abroad.”
He said that three from the select group shall take part in maiden manned Gaganyaan. Either Russia or France could be the countries where advanced training for astronauts ("Gaganauts") will happen.

Enquirer

View attachment 31735

Small satellites will bring in revolution-drdo-chairman

<https://www.chetansindiaspaceflight.com/2019/02/news-update-small-satellites-and.html>

G Satheesh Reddy, Secretary, Department of Defence R&D, and DRDO chairman said that, satellites are made available smaller in the size, lesser cost and weight because of improvements in technologies like propulsion, electronics, structures and payloads.

As the trend will continue, we shall see even smaller and lighter satellites in future.

He was speaking at an International Conference related to the issue.

“The modest facilities needed to design and build small satellites boosted innovative startups. Small satellites will bring in a new revolution in the world and network of space-borne sensors will lead us towards Internet of Satellites/ Space Wide Web in future,” he said.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

note: in last PSLV launch, DRDO was ISRO's customer where satellite was built completely at DRDO labs and ISRO only had to integrate and launch.
BTW...the picture shown is not DRDO's satellites but belongs to a San Francisco based company called Planet Lab's (PSLV did launch those anyways)

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
After spending decades of research to attain the capability, ISRO is not able to fully utilize the fruits of labor?
It's like HAL....
ISRO definitely seems to be going DRDO/HAL route - only interested in running after new shiny objects like gaganyaan, mangalyaan, humanyaan for scientific interest.
DRDO also was very happy scrapping projects and starting new ones - just having fun; until Parrikar told them that no new projects can start until they've COMPLETED existing ones.
ISRO should set proper production planning in place before running after shiny objects.

ISRO is clearly dropping the ball here. Somehow ISRO used to appear as the darling compared to the dysfunctional DRDO....and too many folks are rushing to defend it....
This comment is more than stupid. ISRO is same as that of any PSU. These are fanboys who over glorify ISRO and undermine DRDO & HAL without taking degree of difficulty, nature of work and mostly by ignoring achievements.

Without basic understanding that those 'shiny trophies' have nothing to do with launch frequency but a standardized rocket is which is far more tough goal to achieve than sending satellites.
So, is your bigotry about DRDO and HAL. Just ever step in any of these organizations and show us what ya can do. DRDO & PSU thread is there for you.
Come up with a solution.
The logic presented by some folks here is so ridiculous!
ISRO was constrained by the Indian government via low allocation of budget for GSLVs, as such to overcome his constraint ISRO went for Ariane launches?? Eh??

That's right! If you can't afford bread, eat cake!
Production rate is the factor and not cost. India's volumetric production though one of highest in world makes it third largest economy in PPP. Still half of US, PRC and EU.
That gap is reflected everywhere means even here.

Last edited:

Enquirer

This comment is more than stupid. ISRO is same as that of any PSU. These are fanboys who over glorify ISRO and undermine DRDO & HAL without taking degree of difficulty, nature of work and mostly by ignoring achievements.

Without basic understanding that those 'shiny trophies' have nothing to do with launch frequency but a standardized rocket is which is far more tough goal to achieve than sending satellites.
So, is your bigotry about DRDO and HAL. Just ever step in any of these organizations and show us what ya can do. DRDO & PSU thread is there for you.

Production rate is the factor and not cost. India's volumetric production though one of highest in world makes it third largest economy in PPP. Still half of US, PRC and EU.
Here comes another asshole who hasn't learnt civility or logic while growing up.
After starting the name calling don't go crying to the mods!

All this bullshit defense (of frequency, budget etc) is just obfuscating the fundamental issue which is inability to gear supply to meet demand! Economics dictate that Chandrayaan, Humanyaan etc can be delayed if launch vehicles are at short supply!

After berating HAL, DRDO for not meeting the demands of the forces, why the F r you mollycoddling ISRO for their failures? Well that's a rhetorical question, no need to answer. Take you fucking ass somewhere else!

Note: I will always respond in kind!

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
All this bullshit defense (of frequency, budget etc) is just obfuscating the fundamental issue which is inability to gear supply to meet demand! Economics dictate that Chandrayaan, Humanyaan etc can be delayed if launch vehicles are at short supply!
If you actually think that launch frequency can be improved in anyway by abandoning these missions, then you are definitely new to the topic.
Leave alone topic, you haven't even worked in a roadside steel fabrication factory.
Here comes another asshole who hasn't learnt civility or logic while growing up.
Me? I've filled last 10 pages of thread with stuff sufficient to shut you up.
For you, you haven't given any logic but a plain judgement over basis of your perception without any explanation.
After starting the name calling don't go crying to the mods!
Mods wouldn't need to come if someone could argue with actual arguments with logics and not plain abuses.

After berating HAL, DRDO for not meeting the demands of the forces, why the F r you mollycoddling ISRO for their failures? Well that's a rhetorical question, no need to answer. Take you fucking ass somewhere else!
Note: I will always respond in kind!
Well your IQ level isn't being exposed only here. You've been destroying threads after threads for quite some time and now you eyed this thread.
Keep it simple; assess if you know what the problem with launch frequency is which won't be tough at all even if you turn to previous 2 pages. Instead of giving scorecard over the basis of your juvelinic opinion (off course you'd know that you aren't the manager of VSSC to give judgement anyone when you don't know anything at first place); explain the problem and come up with solution.

Show up or shut up!!
Take you fucking ass somewhere else!
Mind the language too, you'd never know who's hiding behind these anonymous names.

Enquirer

If you actually think that launch frequency can be improved in anyway by abandoning these missions, then you are definitely new to the topic.
Leave alone topic, you haven't even worked in a roadside steel fabrication factory.
You're an imbecile who doesn't even know that being unable to meet the demand one creates is the biggest sin in management. One would know that if one held any position of responsibility. No point in trying to educate a 'sadak chaap'!

Me? I've filled last 10 pages of thread with stuff sufficient to shut you up.
For you, you haven't given any logic but a plain judgement over basis of your perception without any explanation.
You don't follow logic, then shut the F up! Respond to posts that's at your moronic level!

Mods wouldn't need to come if someone could argue with actual arguments with logics and not plain abuses.

Well your IQ level isn't being exposed only here. You've been destroying threads after threads for quite some time and now you eyed this thread.
By now you and a'holes like you should know that I will not sit back and let 'sadak chaap' jerks abuse other folks. I'll repay in kind. If you parents didn't teach you manners, that's not my concern. If you misbehave,you'll get your ass kicked. Jerks like you think abusing others is your sole prerogative; it's my duty to disabuse you of that notion.

Keep it simple; assess if you know what the problem with launch frequency is which won't be tough at all even if you turn to previous 2 pages. Instead of giving scorecard over the basis of your juvelinic opinion (off course you'd know that you aren't the manager of VSSC to give judgement anyone when you don't know anything at first place); explain the problem and come up with solution.
If I don't parachute in and fix the production/management problems, I cannot comment that there's a problem?? Utter nonsense! Apologists for shit jobs always use that excuse!

Mind the language too, you'd never know who's hiding behind these anonymous names.
You could show your might and manners by presenting your comments in a civil way. Thus far you've just shown yourself as a 'sadak chaap' loafer! And I'll treat you as such. If you think you're a big shot in someway then let the content of your comments reflect it! Now piss off!

Last edited:

chetan chopade

guys please dont fight...if we cant create harmony in a simple web forum, how can we expect the same in DRDO/HAL/ ISRO/ other PSUs?

please sit back, relax and observe and mildly discuss the progress (whatever it may be) in Indian institutions...we are just observers!

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
You're an imbecile who doesn't even know that being unable to meet the demand one creates is the biggest sin in management. One would know that if one held any position of responsibility. No point in trying to educate a 'sadak chaap'!
You're too outdated, uniformed that you didn't even track the trends that this "gap of supply & demand" what you're making issue of, is a very very recent phenomenon which one doesn't even know how long is going to last. No one was concerned with supply because enough supply to comply with demand was there.

Still, ISRO has launched 71 expendable rockets till date, 39 outta which are from this decade alone which is driven by demand only.

To be objective:

• To make every vehicle: PSLV, GSLV Mk2 or GSLV Mk3, we've to fabricate most of components. Over that we had only one assembly building (now got two. So, work became faster). Both fab + assembly takes collectively to one month.
  • Launches for foreign customers is preferred over own mission. The day we started to say no or later to them, more competitors will be born.
  • Space exploration missions don't happen every month year or even 5-7 years. They just need one launch window and the set of scientists and engineers involved in research of new projects is separate from the one conducting regular launch practices.
The attempts I've mentioned earlier regarding a Modular Rocket called UMLV to standardize fabrication and create launch vehicle parts stocks, a third launch pad with one more assembly building, another launch site in Tamil Nadu with more launch pads and SSLV to serve commercial and light emergency launches.

And actually new launch pads may be put on hold or may never start because most of load will be eliminated by SSLV.
You don't follow logic, then shut the F up! Respond to posts that's at your moronic level!
Close your eyes, sigh, forget everything we talked about and then look at your post. You'll realize what your level is.

If I did a personal attack; I came up with contradictions, you only with abuses in attempt to cover up everything.
By now you and a'holes like you should know that I will not sit back and let 'sadak chaap' jerks abuse other folks.
It's you who abused ISRO. It's you who has conflicts with Shaktivel, Tiwari or other debative members on forum and you actively use profane language against them.
I attacked you only; not any other folk.
I'll repay in kind. If you parents didn't teach you manners, that's not my concern.
Parents don't teach anyone to get rude. Both teens and adults get rude in anger and excitement. The kind of language I choose when I'm rude vs that you choose (the f lang.) when you're rude, reflects what our parents taught us. It will also determine what kind of Kidd we're going to produce.;)
If you misbehave,you'll get your ass kicked. Jerks like you think abusing others is your sole prerogative; it's my duty to disabuse you of that notion.
You're defending only yourself from me, not any other from my "misbehave". It's only between me & you. You declared respected institutions criminal and now are crying when your tail has been stepped upon.

You think that you're fighting a great war by giving me "befitting response" which I don't give a bloody damn about. I may not even reply further cuz it doesn't hurt my ego.
If I don't parachute in and fix the production/management problems, I cannot comment that there's a problem?? Utter nonsense! Apologists for shit jobs always use that excuse!
You didn't say that they have a problem. In fact, you didn't even know whether they got a real problem or not.
You just declared them useless; got the response you deserved and now instead of being ashamed of it, you've chose to fill thread with abuses. I always choose to leave when I don't have arguments and I will report anyone filling the room with abuses without any argument.

Anyways, my pm is always open.
You could show your might and manners by presenting your comments in a civil way. Thus far you've just shown yourself as a 'sadak chaap' loafer! And I'll treat you as such. If you think you're a big shot in someway then let the content of your comments reflect it! Now piss off!
Oh, so you were pissed because of this?

Come up with a solution.

Here is the filth which it was in response to:
The stuff above belongs to noobs of YouTube and Facebook comment sections. I won't even waste my time explaining what's wrong in it. It doesn't belong to defense forums.

And yeah, writers of stuff are which can actually be called "sadakchaap analysts".

More pathetic, you got totally personal when you ran out of arguments; have lost your credibility ultimately. No off topic or abusive post will be entertained now either.

Regards and buy some books.
please sit back, relax and observe and mildly discuss the progress (whatever it may be) in Indian institutions...we are just observers!
Not all of us mate, some of us are actually from those institutions while some of us are teens with laptops who thinks that they can lecture scientists and engineers when they don't know what's going on inside factories and offices at first place.

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag
Few days back when I mentioned that news is there of Arianespace forced ISRO to launch GSAT 30 and 31 from its launchpad, some dimwit just mentioned that I am living in conspiracy theory.

ISRO faces costly proposition over recall of GSAT-11

French satellite launch firm Arianespace has shot off a letter to the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), forcing on it a condition to launch India’s GSAT-11 communication satellite — that it will be launched only if ISRO sends two of its other communication satellites, GSAT-30 and 31, for Arianespace to launch
The New Indian Express has learnt that all this was caused due to GSAT-11 being recalled from Kourou where it was sent for the May 2018 launch. Based on a report of a former director of URSC regarding the failure GSAT-6A, the launch of GSAT-11 was delayed and the satellite was shipped back to India from Guiana Space Centre, French Guiana, to check for possible flaws in the satellite. The cost of transport along with transit insurance was estimated to be Rs 90 crore.
Now, this delay and the missing of the May launch window due to the GSAT-11’s recall to India has come as a gift for the French firm which appears to have decided to force ISRO into an agreement for launching two additional satellites.
http://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...oposition-over-recall-of-gsat-11-1851412.html

indiatester

Country flag

Global Defence

New threads

Articles