Is Indian class system the reason for India's poverty?

bose

Country flag
Caste still counts in TCS. Or, so it is believed.
@bose How true is that ? Any TCS guy, here ?
I am a HCL Tech Guy... Caste is not a factor in my organization...

Last edited by a moderator:

sgarg

Do you have special areas where the lower caste people live? Or are they mixed with others? Do they have to wear some sign telling their caste? Just asking, your system is new to me. Reminds of some sort of "caste" system we had here some 70-80 years ago.
No they are mixed with others.

sgarg

Caste-based politics is thriving all across India. It is not going to change in a hurry. As far as egalitarianism is concerned, the gap has only increased since we initiated our so-called reforms. Lets not venture there (in this thread).

The only just form of reservation could be the one based solely on economic criterion. Why should some families keep enjoying all resources/benefits of our nation at the cost of truly deserving ones ?[/B]

Yar, itna basic to sabko maloom hota hai...
I accept your argument of supporting poor people. However some form of reservation needs to continue for 3-4 decades at the minimum to change the prejudice against certain castes.

Reservation system also need to be dynamic where benefits to certain castes should drop if data proves that that caste has normalized.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Do you have special areas where the lower caste people live? Or are they mixed with others? Do they have to wear some sign telling their caste? Just asking, your system is new to me. Reminds of some sort of "caste" system we had here some 70-80 years ago.
What you are telling us was practised in the so called dark ages of India. Nowadays this is not the case. Affirmative action has changed all that. In urban areas caste has almost disappeared. Only in a few rural areas it is practised. It too shall go away in another 30-40 years.

sgarg

What you are telling us was practised in the so called dark ages of India. Nowadays this is not the case. Affirmative action has changed all that. In urban areas caste has almost disappeared. Only in a few rural areas it is practised. It too shall go away in another 30-40 years.
Peter, there is still widespread prejudice in society against certain castes. This prejudice is present in cities also. We cannot say that reasons of reservation have disappeared.

The problem is social action is lacking.

The government defines urban and rural on the basis of certain parameters. India has more than 8500 cities and towns.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
I am a HCL Tech Guy... Caste is not a factor in my organization...
Of course, you have that "employee first" thing going on. I know folks from MS who returned to HCL (where they started from, as a fresher). I have myself invested in HCL Tech. It's another matter that I would not work for Indian IT cos.

Sundine

Country flag
There are several reasons for poverty in India.First is governmental and political reason.Since I am from north east,we do not suffer from cultural problem like that in mainland india.Most of the educational and health facilities were established by Christian missionaries.Although nowadays 🙄 even local groups establish their own institution like oju mission school.We also have welfare institution established by RK mission in our north east India.But we do have problem that are increasing poverty.one was militancy promoted by missionary,china,Pakistan and bangladesh.Also,powerful tribes always takes whole resources.And also coming of bangladeshi immigrants with their objective of ghazwa e hind,who are not just eating minority funds,but even buying lands and controlling resources.This is why many north east indian states has made stricter laws to check exploitation of resources.And many of states government are neck deep corrupt and even fund underground group.Of late,transformative development is taking place in our north east region thanks to Modiji.

Swesh

There are several reasons for poverty in India.First is governmental and political reason.Since I am from north east,we do not suffer from cultural problem like that in mainland india.Most of the educational and health facilities were established by Christian missionaries.Although nowadays 🙄 even local groups establish their own institution like oju mission school.We also have welfare institution established by RK mission in our north east India.But we do have problem that are increasing poverty.one was militancy promoted by missionary,china,Pakistan and bangladesh.Also,powerful tribes always takes whole resources.And also coming of bangladeshi immigrants with their objective of ghazwa e hind,who are not just eating minority funds,but even buying lands and controlling resources.This is why many north east indian states has made stricter laws to check exploitation of resources.And many of states government are neck deep corrupt and even fund underground group.Of late,transformative development is taking place in our north east region thanks to Modiji.
I think we should have studied deabrahimism at time of independence. The studies would have helped retaining many tribel and local culture which have been wiped out by abrahmics

Sundine

Country flag
I think we should have studied deabrahimism at time of independence. The studies would have helped retaining many tribel and local culture which have been wiped out by abrahmics
Deabrahamism is not even quoted as a word by academics.But from what you said,might be dechristianization,deislamization or dejudaisation as I could make.Western civilization can be said to be deabrahamised to an extent,and also baathist,central Asia,azerbaijan,Turkey and Albania are also example of deabrahamisation. Churches are very powerful in northeast,such that even zoramthanga started his office with christian prayer.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles