Is India strong enough to face if China-Pak attack together?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
If China attacked tomorrow, would they really be worried about an Indian nuclear strike? Most Indian missiles can't get past Tibet, and they don't care if they get vaporised. India would be the definite loser in a nuclear exchange so China knows they wouldn't do it. France would nuke China if they tried anything so it would stay conventional. The mountains will slow China for a month, which is all the time India would have to crush Pakistan before every available force would be needed to plow into an offensive against the Red Front. France could contribute two divisions to the defence, with FELIN it would be enough to hold off a Group Army since our soldiers are twice as effective as legacy NATO and 3-4 times effective PLA.
I do not think the French would directly intervene in a Sino - Indian conflict unless they plan to reoccupy India after so many years..

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I do not think the French would directly intervene in a Sino - Indian conflict unless they plan to reoccupy India after so many years..
Yes it would. India is the largest arms market in the world. France goes to war just to display its items for sale. Think what would happen if France turns the tide that saved India... France not only dominates arms sales, but preferred trade with the most important growing economy. It would secure our export position for 100 years.

bose

Country flag
In the business of Wars one has to cater for Capabilities and intentions of the likely adversaries and be prepared even for unpredictable madness as exhibited by Pakistan from time to time.

Wars always do not follow logic or faulty logic as that followed by the likes of Nehrus.....
I have already mentioned in my post # 80, We have to be prepared for the worst and continue with the enhanced military capability as we have planned for it.

One can not help if one wants to commit suicide...

But I strongly believe that China has started to understand Pakistan's love affair with spreading terrorism in India and other neighboring countries. I am sure China is not that stupid to commit suicide. One can not say the same for Pakistan...

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
I don't think the French ever got over their disappointment of having lost India to the British, and if Dupleix had not been recalled to France, we might all have been speaking French today instead of English. :D

Tianshan

Yes it would. India is the largest arms market in the world. France goes to war just to display its items for sale. Think what would happen if France turns the tide that saved India... France not only dominates arms sales, but preferred trade with the most important growing economy. It would secure our export position for 100 years.
wait... so the french are coming to help india in war now?

mikhail

Country flag
wait... so the french are coming to help india in war now?
ohh mate gimme a break!you think India will need the help of other countries to counter any future chini invasion!we are more than enough to deal with both pakistan and china at the same time.
the reason behind this is in case of a two front war all the major confrontations gonna happen in the western front with pakistan as there is a little possibility of large scale confrontations in the eastern front with china due to the nature of the terrain and the presence of the mighty Himalayas!
now lets come to the naval confrontation scenerio.the Indian Navy is the strongest navy in the entire IOR and practically nobody can challenge the superiority of the I.N. in the IOR(except for the U.S.N. which will obviously stay neutral if not supporting our cause) and the PLAN simply neither has the capability nor the quality required to challenge the hegemony of the I.N. in the IOR and the pakistani navy is merely a brown water navy with little or no capability to confront the might of the I.N.
so in case of a full fledged two front war all that we have to do is to defeat the conventional might of pakistan and hold off the chini offensive in the chicken neck region of Sikkim and in A.P.:ranger:

Tianshan

you misunderstand. i was questioning armand's claim that france would certainly send their army to fight on behalf of india.

i believe india can defend itself well enough, so what is all this talk about the french coming?

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
you misunderstand. i was questioning armand's claim that france would certainly send their army to fight on behalf of india.

i believe india can defend itself well enough, so what is all this talk about the french coming?
Till Africa and Europe it is understandable but I doubt France will take so much pain to fly half way round the world and fight in Indo-China.
There are logistical difficulties as well. No one is doing a charity and we're not even ethno-religious brothers or neighbors.
There has to be a strong reason for France to jump in such a war. A very strong 'France centric' reason.

Regards,
Virendra

CCTV

India have enough fissile material to devastate all major cities in China & Pakistan combined... This is also hods true even in spite of whatever may be the response from China.
The fear of Indian strike on Chinese cities will ensure that China does not directly participate into any India's direct conflict with Pakistan if any...

You have enough iron ores to devastate China & Pakistan combined.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
India and China will have a limited and extremely professional war. No one wil think of nukes.
India and Pakistan will have a no holds barred war. china will ensure no nukes from pak side, because india will make it rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Indian production and reserve is quite sufficient for that....

The quantity in nuclear warfare is just a misnomer of cold era vintage...

China or India or Pakistan would not be able to take one nuclear strike over a major population center...

It is a dream using thousand nukes.. only one nuclear warhead over a major population center will reuin the country (countries)..

bose

Country flag
so you got it now !!! Stop supporting terrorist nation like Pakistan !!

A single Hiroshima type is enough for China...

Last edited:

Spindrift

so what is all this talk about the french coming?
The French will not help us, you see we do not have cheese or wine? And why would anyone want help from the French in military matters... as far as I know in Europe they are referred to as "Cheese eating surrender monkeys".

CCTV

Indian production and reserve is quite sufficient for that....

The quantity in nuclear warfare is just a misnomer of cold era vintage...

China or India or Pakistan would not be able to take one nuclear strike over a major population center...

It is a dream using thousand nukes.. only one nuclear warhead over a major population center will reuin the country (countries)..
China is a 1.4 b population country and every major city only holds 10m people. So, your think if we lost 0.007 of our population or some of our major cities will stop us from strike back to wipe out India from the map?

Further more, I don't think you have the capability to attack Chinese major cities, there are is no sign India can produce hydrogen bomb. You can check the yield of your last nuclear test and compare to China's first hydrogen bomb test.
If you mean atom bomb, then you have to check the maximum payloads of your missiles and corresponding ranges.

You idea is right for small or medium countries , for example South Korea , Japan , France .....

Also China has the best anti missile technology on the earth.
I think it only for India , since this kind of systerms are useless in the nuclear war between China and US.

Last edited:

CCTV

I would suggest you to stop your Chinese shitting here in an Indian defense forum... You can try those antics in any Pakistani forum they are more than eager to lap on to your shit... Pakistanis have a fascination for unadulterated Chinese shit...
Take it easy.
I just shared my own idea, and you are more than welcome to discuss with me here.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Indian Wine Producers bag International awards

Cheese Producers Manufacturer India|Pasteurised Processed Cheese in India|Cheese Spreads Manufacture|Emmental Cheese, Swiss Cheese Manufacturer India|Pizza Mozzarella Cheese, Gouda Cheese :: Amul - The Taste of India

The French will not help us, you see we do not have cheese or wine? And why would anyone want help from the French in military matters... as far as I know in Europe they are referred to as "Cheese eating surrender monkeys".

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
China is a 1.4 b population country and every major city only holds 10m people. So, your think if we lost 0.007 of our population or some of our major cities will stop us from strike back to wipe out India from the map?
Wipe India from the map? Do you realize India's population is also 1.2b and it also has many major and minor cities with population from 1m to 17m?

Further more, I don't think you have the capability to attack Chinese major cities, there are is no sign India can produce hydrogen bomb. You can check the yield of your last nuclear test and compare to China's first hydrogen bomb test.
If you mean atom bomb, then you have to check the maximum payloads of your missiles and corresponding ranges.
You do not need a thermonuclear bomb to wipe out entire cities. This is not the 1960's anymore, and other countries (including the US) have phased out their multi-megaton nuclear bombs:

Multimegaton Weapons

The United States and the Soviet Union, after independently developing thermonuclear weapons, both produced some numbers of such weapons of very high yield. While most thermonuclear weapons built had yields in the range of several hundred kilotons to a few megatons, some much larger weapons were built. Weapons with yields up to 20-50 megatons were developed and deployed (one Soviet weapon of 150 mt was developed but probably never operational). Of the roughly 135,000 warheads ever built by the two superpowers, about 3% had yields over 4.5 megatons.

The United States built the greater number of multimegaton weapons, doing so in the late 1950s and 1960s mostly to equip its bomber force with a massive nuclear capability against the U.S.S.R. The U.S. largely abandoned such weapons in favor of smaller nuclear weapons, allowing more flexible delivery of larger numbers of warheads. Most of the Soviet strategic nuclear capability was in its ICBMs, but like the U.S. the Soviets deployed high-yield weapons before mostly shifting to smaller, multiple warheads.

The U.S. has now retired all of its multimegaton weapons. Disassembly of the last type removed from service, the B53, may be completed in 2006. Russia probably maintains a small number ICBMs in high-yield single warhead versions. The People's Republic of China has one type of ICBM armed with high-yield warheads. Operational multimegaton weapons in 2005 thus include:

* Russia's R-36M2 Voyevoda (SS-18 Mod 6) with a 20 mt warhead (possibly 5 deployed). (The UR-100N version (SS-19 Mod 2) with a 5 mt warhead may no longer be deployed.)
* PRC's DF-5A (CSS-4) with a 5 mt warhead (about 24 deployed).
Indian nuke designs can be daisy chained upto yields of 220 kN. Put four of these in a MIRV configuration, and these should be enough to destroy most major cities.

You idea is right for small or medium countries , for example South Korea , Japan , France .....

Also China has the best anti missile technology on the earth.
I think it only for India , since this kind of systerms are useless in the nuclear war between China and US.
Stop dreaming. If a nuclear war does take place between India and China, whose side do you think the US and Russia is going to be on? China's? Or would they take the opportunity to finish their common rival once and for all?

You are dreaming if you think that it will be a 1 vs 1 contest. It will only be 1 vs 1 as long as nukes are not involved.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
True for US maybe, but Russia is not China's new best friend.

Stop dreaming. If a nuclear war does take place between India and China, whose side do you think the US and Russia is going to be on? China's? Or would they take the opportunity to finish their common rival once and for all?

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
True for US maybe, but Russia is not China's new best friend.
Russia is worried about China's demographic invasion of Siberia. While Russia may sell weapons to China, the Russians consider India as a closer ally than the Chinese. Remember the Sino-Soviet split and the border conflict between the two? Russians will always look at China with wary eyes.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Till Africa and Europe it is understandable but I doubt France will take so much pain to fly half way round the world and fight in Indo-China.
There are logistical difficulties as well. No one is doing a charity and we're not even ethno-religious brothers or neighbors.
There has to be a strong reason for France to jump in such a war. A very strong 'France centric' reason.

Regards,
Virendra
The last time that the French tried fighting a war in the region, they got their asses handed to them by a bunch of Vietnamese peasants, with the result of 75,000 dead Frenchmen.

Though in all fairness to the French, the Vietnamese peasant proved to be the deadliest and most competent soldier of the 20th century.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles