Is India a Better Place for Manufacturing Than China?

TrueSpirit

Based on HDI indicators, access to natural resources (including energy resources), and demographics, Africa has a better chance of owning the future than India does.

The only difference it has versus India is a lack of political unity. Of course, I'm not sure having the Lok Sabha and UPA/BJP saying hello to you from Delhi is really such a great thing in the long run.
Xenophobic rant of an insecure, senile mindset from a Commie mouthpiece (all pun intended). You are talking about world's third biggest economy. You are out of touch with current affairs, Read a bit, you need to learn the basics, unfortunately, before you shoot off.

Second, world's greatest copy-cat, a Third World nation, which has nothing to show off as its own (that is not been stolen/copied illegally) hardly enjoys the privilege of commenting upon others.

Obama had recently scolded your President for that & your first lady was justifiably scorned, in all fairness, due to this inherent kleptomaniac streak in Chinese mindset.

Rings a bell ?

When I read your posts on Syria thread, I expected you to be a mature, objective contributor. Now, you are all hellbent to force the reality through my head that I had grossly over-estimated you. Please continue on discussions on threads where you can meaningfully contribute, rather than trolling.

Carry on :laugh:

TrueSpirit

Why cant you accept the fact that Indians own the future?

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2
Dear @nimo_cn, no matter how hard it is for our Chinese friends, what you have stated inadvertently, is nothing but Truth. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Dear @nimo_cn, no matter how hard it is for our Chinese friends, what you have stated inadvertently, is nothing but Truth. :rofl:
Dont dear me, I am no dear to you.

Let you Indians own the future, we Chinese just want the present.

SamwiseTheBrave

Based on HDI indicators, access to natural resources (including energy resources), and demographics, Africa has a better chance of owning the future than India does.

The only difference it has versus India is a lack of political unity. Of course, I'm not sure having the Lok Sabha and UPA/BJP saying hello to you from Delhi is really such a great thing in the long run.
it sure is a heck of a lot better than having the CCP say hello to you 24x7 whether you like it or not... whatchya gonna do when they come for you ?

t_co

it sure is a heck of a lot better than having the CCP say hello to you 24x7 whether you like it or not... whatchya gonna do when they come for you ?
As an institution, the CCP has accomplished much, much, much more for China than the UPA, the BJP, or any of India's institutions have for India.

no smoking

Country flag
No takers for junk here, when we have the access & purchasing power to acquire, the best that technology has to offer.
Yes, that is right! If you want to buy the best, then forget your own manufacturers. Currentlly, the only thing they are producing is JUNK.

Our entrepreneurs are doing it all over the world, not just in India. They own the the world's largest steel-making company (now, its your homework to find out the details), some of the most modern & large capacity oil refineries in this region & there is no dearth of such examples. Indian diaspora is known for dominating the business, political, economic & academic sphere in most countries they have a presence in (virtually the entire globe). You can read about Indians in UK, US, Canada, South Africa, etc. So, your assertions are absolutely invalid.
Yes, that is right. They are doing lots of brilliant things all over the world except india. Then my question is how their success can benefit india excpet boost some national pride?
I am glad that you brought up the example-Mittal steel. Yes, it is the biggiest one in the world with 245,000 employees all over the world. Guess how many employees they have in india: 100 plus! They have 130m tons capacity, guess how much in india? next to zero! If they don't hire indians and produce very less in india, what is good for india manufacturing?

Not China's. It is India's fundamentals that are strong. For starters, consider India's domestic demand alone, we are one of the world's fastest growing market with ample purchasing power. Unlike China's complete dependence on US/Japan & EU's imports of its good for its economic survival, it is not the case in India. India's domestic demand is so huge that it keeps the economic fundamentals sound & relatively unperturbed by external disturbances.
Yes that is a good thing for everybody except India! As an independent economy, India is running at double deficits, which means india is bleeding. As a poor country, the more india spends on consumption, the less fund for its infrastructure and other departments.

By GDP PPP, we are already the 3rd biggest economy in world & this is when India has just started its journey of becoming a global manufacturing destination. You can imagine how is the picture going to be, with the world's major companies relocating & off-shoring more & more of their businesses in India. The process was started around a decade back & now, Chennai is already Detroit of Asia. Maybe, you should brush-up your knowledge of current affairs a little bit.
"Detroit of Asia"? How many cars did india produce last year? How many cars did india export last year? As the world no.1 car market, I don't see any indian car in China. Most of iphones sold in this world are produced in China, so what? NOTHING!

Oh, didn't know that, we thought they are here for charity. Let me share with you the biggest attraction of India: its the unparalleled demographic advantage of a talented manpower pool. There is simply no competition to India in the world, when it comes to a professional talent base at affordable costs.
Obviously, you don't understand what I am talking about.

Oh really. Looks like you have no idea how things work. Assembly & screw-driver work happens in China. China is the assembly line of the world.

What happens in India is R&D, design & planning, manufacturing from raw materials (we have it in abundance & we export it to everyone including China) & technical/semi-technical/customer support. Which world are you from ?

Regarding sharing tech, India hardly expects or needs it from anyone, except in defence manufacturing (something which no one is going to transfer to anyone).
I live in a world where India is importing billions of manufacturing products: from steels to precision manchines.
I live in a world where india is exporting billions of raw materials: from iron core to cotton.
I live in a world where india only got one domestic car maker in its top 10 car sales!
Maybe you can tell me something about your world.

Regarding "knowing the whole system", please understand the simple fact that: when end-to-end systems & solutions are being architect-ed, designed & developed in by Indians in India (from top to bottom), where is question of sharing it. We literally own the systems.
Then tell me why you are still importing these system TODAY?

To put things in perspective, one extremely trifle personal example: I am a junior-mid level Research Technologist in world's biggest IT company, in its R&D wing. Role is Technical Architect. In last 12 fiscal quarters alone, I personally have owned (the project, as an Individual Contributor), designed & developed 4 such end-to-end solution stacks (you call them IaaS Cloud systems) that are being leveraged by internet giants like Google & Facebook as well as few BFSI giants (wouldn't prefer to name them), in their global datacenters. These solutions stacks were designed, developed & manufactured & is being supported from, within India (within a radius of 300 kms) & are generating millions of dollars every quarter. So, I not only know the system out & out, I literally own these systems & impart knowledge transfers to my colleagues in US, Australia & Nordic countries, off & on.
No, you only know a sub-system which is only a part of the whole software owned by a foreign company. That is why you need to transfer your technology to your colleagues in US, Aus and other countries, not they transfer to you. There are also lots of people doing the same type of works in China, not a big deal.

Icing on the cake, we file invention disclosures (IP applications) & receive patents in our name from USPTO. We own the IP in a globally legal manner. Unlike our friends.
Yes, great! You may like to read the following report and have a better idea about the whole picture india's postion in techonology development.

http://www.wipo.int/export/sites/www/freepublications/en/patents/901/wipo_pub_901_2013.pdf

This is one very minor example. There are thousands of Indians in my own campus buildings who are doing way bigger things than I am, & are at the forefront of cutting-edge technology that has not touched market yet (some may never see enterprise market altogether for different reasons).
I have no doubt about that. But what matters is the result not what you are doing! Indian scientists also claimed they have the ability to develop 5 generation fighter independently years ago, the fact is that they are still struggling with LCA today.

There are countless Indian & foreign MNC's in India (across all domains including manufacturing) that are owned, manned & run by Indians, residing within India that are responsible for global operations & cater to global market. The scale, itself, at which such things are happening here, is mind-boggling.
Ok, just show me what products these brilliant companies are selling in the world market under an india name?

Looks like you are quite out of touch with contemporary reality, & the changes in the landscape in last 3 decades. Please keep you jingo-ism & insecurity aside for a while & try to read a bit. An objective & open mindset would help. You must be knowledgeable in your own realm but some additional relevant knowledge won't harm.
Then, you are more than welcome to convince me to accept that india is already a technology super power with FACTS!

t_co

I don't agree with the healthcare part. My hometown, Chennai, regularly receives 300-400 foreign patients every month and they all say that treatment is of the same quality that they received in the west and also that the price is much lower.

BTW Both my parents are doctors, my dad alone has treated several Africans and Europeans.

There isn't proper transportation for getting the wounded to hospitals incase of accidents :(

But the article is true, whether my brain wants to accept it or not.
This is actually a place where India could really leapfrog and lead the world. With an aging population in China + the G-8, why can't India become the #1 healthcare exporter in the world?

TrueSpirit

Dont dear me, I am no dear to you.

Let you Indians own the future, we Chinese just want the present.

Awww, another Indophobe :lol:

Many of your types are trolling on DFI, welcome to the club (someone, Rings a bell. Typical Chinese copy-paste).

TrueSpirit

Yes, that is right! If you want to buy the best, then forget your own manufacturers. Currentlly, the only thing they are producing is JUNK.
Sorry to disappoint, but you are acting delusional now. Don't know if its sporadic or comes, inherently to you.

Yes, that is right. They are doing lots of brilliant things all over the world except india. Then my question is how their success can benefit india excpet boost some national pride?
I am glad that you brought up the example-Mittal steel. Yes, it is the biggiest one in the world with 245,000 employees all over the world. Guess how many employees they have in india: 100 plus! They have 130m tons capacity, guess how much in india? next to zero! If they don't hire indians and produce very less in india, what is good for india manufacturing?
He has outsourced enough of his non-core functions to multiple organizations in India & many are temp workers. They are doing the groundwork for upcoming/proposed/planned Indian projects.

Yes that is a good thing for everybody except India! As an independent economy, India is running at double deficits, which means india is bleeding. As a poor country, the more india spends on consumption, the less fund for its infrastructure and other departments.
Unfortunately for you, It is China's economy on a perpetual downslide & is bearing the brunt of US slowing down & EU recession. While, India is relatively shielded from such negative external influences, owing to a populace with high purchasing power & massive domestic consumption, which Chinese could never equal.

"Detroit of Asia"? How many cars did india produce last year? How many cars did india export last year? As the world no.1 car market, I don't see any indian car in China. Most of iphones sold in this world are produced in China, so what? NOTHING!
I told you, we have the access to the latest & greatest in the world. Parts produced here form components of all major car-manufacturers in the world. That you are absolutely clueless, won't change the reality a bit.

Obviously, you don't understand what I am talking about.
Now, a linguistically challenged Chinese would teach us comprehension. Joke of the millennium.

I live in a world where India is importing billions of manufacturing products: from steels to precision manchines.
Yes, we can afford it; to procure the best. We have the purchasing power to procure the best in the world, source being immaterial. Unlike our Commie neighbors, who are slaves to local junk.

I live in a world where india is exporting billions of raw materials: from iron core to cotton.
We are blessed, lesser foreign dependency for basics raw material unlike Chinese, whose lifeline (trade through IOR) can be stopped at our will by IN.

I live in a world where india only got one domestic car maker in its top 10 car sales!
The top 10 car manufacturers source parts from India. That should tell you something.

Maybe you can tell me something about your world.
Observe, analyze & learn.

Then tell me why you are still importing these system TODAY?
Because we can, no commie dictators ruling us & telling us otherwise. We are a a free country, unlike you.

No, you only know a sub-system which is only a part of the whole software owned by a foreign company. That is why you need to transfer your technology to your colleagues in US, Aus and other countries, not they transfer to you.
Oh really, when I conceive & design the system (which is not a s/w for your info) & the US PTO grants me the patent, how do I not know the system. I own it & can sell it to anyone who has the capability to pay. Looks like you have no clue how IP works, right ? Not surprised, coming from a PRC citizen.

There are also lots of people doing the same type of works in China, not a big deal.
I know. I said all along it is no big deal. It is happening all over the world, especially India.

Yes, great! You may like to read the following report and have a better idea about the whole picture india's postion in techonology development.

http://www.wipo.int/export/sites/www/freepublications/en/patents/901/wipo_pub_901_2013.pdf
Ok, How many Chinese company do you see here ?

Semiconductor sales leaders by year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Show me 1 Chinese company here: Top 25 semiconductor company rankings reveal big winners, big losers - ElectroIQ

Speaks volumes about Chinese copy-paste slave industry.

Then, you are more than welcome to convince me to accept that india is already a technology super power with FACTS!
You have lost it, right ? Show me where did I even once claim anything to that effect ? Your inferiority complex & insecurity is mind-boggling.

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
Sorry to disappoint, but you are acting delusional now. Don't know if its sporadic or comes, inherently to you.
Yes, we are living in the delusion. In the real world, India is a super power!

He has outsourced enough of his non-core functions to multiple organizations in India & many are temp workers. They are doing the groundwork for upcoming/proposed/planned Indian projects.
Yes, good words-"upcoming/proposed/planned", which means all thse projects haven't finished yet or not even close to the end. How about now?

Unfortunately for you, It is China's economy on a perpetual downslide & is bearing the brunt of US slowing down & EU recession. While, India is relatively shielded from such negative external influences, owing to a populace with high purchasing power & massive domestic consumption, which Chinese could never equal.
Yes, let's check the reality: growth from 2007 to 2011

India: 9.8(2007), 3.9(2008), 8.5(2009), 10.5(2010), 6.3(2011)
China:14.2(2007), 9.6(2008), 9.2(2009), 10.4(2010), 9.3(2011)

GDP growth (annual %) | Data | Table

And then in 2012, when China is slowing down to around 7%, india economy is down to 5.3%.

Now tell me how did india's domestic consumption make india better than China?

I told you, we have the access to the latest & greatest in the world. Parts produced here form components of all major car-manufacturers in the world. That you are absolutely clueless, won't change the reality a bit.
You have the access to the latest & greatest in the world doesn't neccessarily make your country the greatest! The fact is that the quality level of your own brand car doesn't prove that you own these latest and greatest technology.

Yes, we can afford it; to procure the best. We have the purchasing power to procure the best in the world, source being immaterial. Unlike our Commie neighbors, who are slaves to local junk.
So you are a better customer than China not a better place for manufacturing, right?

We are blessed, lesser foreign dependency for basics raw material unlike Chinese, whose lifeline (trade through IOR) can be stopped at our will by IN.
No, you can't simply because americans don't allow you to do that.

The top 10 car manufacturers source parts from India. That should tell you something.
Observe, analyze & learn.
Top 100 companies source lots of things from China, so what?

Because we can, no commie dictators ruling us & telling us otherwise. We are a a free country, unlike you.
Yes, free to enjoy starvation, free to rape and free to steal public money

Oh really, when I conceive & design the system (which is not a s/w for your info) & the US PTO grants me the patent, how do I not know the system. I own it & can sell it to anyone who has the capability to pay. Looks like you have no clue how IP works, right ? Not surprised, coming from a PRC citizen.
Yes, I can also claim I am selling my Mars technology to NASA. It is internet you can say anything. But the report I provide indicates a not good picture for india's techonolgy.

Ok, How many Chinese company do you see here ?

Semiconductor sales leaders by year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Show me 1 Chinese company here: Top 25 semiconductor company rankings reveal big winners, big losers - ElectroIQ

Speaks volumes about Chinese copy-paste slave industry.
Yes, I don't see any Chinese company. But where is Indian company? You want to prove me that India is better than China or india's greatness, why give a list of US, Japanese companies? I am not the one claim the greatness of his own country. You are, so please prove to me!

You have lost it, right ? Show me where did I even once claim anything to that effect ? Your inferiority complex & insecurity is mind-boggling.
Didn't you talk about how india is better than China?

bose

Country flag

TRUTH is the biggest casualty in China... Still this very Chinese claim that 30 million killed in Cultural Revolution is a lie... they are not taught to take truth how bad it may be"¦

bose

Country flag
Your earlier posts are full of hollow words. India doesn't need to prove to me, but you, my friend, are making a lot of claims which need some evidences to support.
The greatest evidence is that India is kicking and growing from a hopeless situation... I can see the change in attitude of westerners that my Father talked about and what I see now"¦ If I get any more evidence I will post them for you.

Ok, what is its own term? India rate?
Grow at 7-8% with low inflation of ~ 3%... that is it

Watch out for 1 Billion Dell investment in India.. That same billion investment came out from yours share !!!

Yes, the same words they already shouted for years. The question is: how did they plan to survive after give up the biggiest or second biggiest markets in the world.
Please Google on the Japanese investment on industrial corridor in Inda"¦I am not going to help you on searching
Oh, really? Can you name one industry moving out of China is due the better worker skills instead of wages & regulation change.
The very fact The countries like Philippines & Vietnam developing is at the expense of high labor cost in China"¦ as far as worker skill goes China is no better than Vietnam or any other south Asian countries"¦
Oh, yes, how is india doing? Switch on swich off?
India is doing well, India will switch it on & off as it deem useful"¦

Then why on earth your India scientists spent so many years on LCA and Arjun? Why on earth your country is importing a lot of manufacturing products from China every year? We don't need to look at Japan, this is the country already produced its own planes, aircraft carrier and tank long before its first nobel prize.
Indian scientist are doing very well in LCA and Arjun"¦
The answer is very easy"¦ We do not steal and copy"¦ one have to learn the hard way"¦ Japan did not became Japan in couple of decades"¦ Japan was the first Asian country to industrialize"¦
I believe you are not comparing China with Japan"¦ it would be utter blasphemy"¦

We also like the way india is progressing to challenge China, which is on the MOUTH.
China is a third world country with thug mentally that suddenly thinks that it has become a super power selling cheap products without paying IP rights to their rightful owners"¦China needs encirclement from all sides"¦ India will contribute in this regard"¦ make no mistake"¦

Last edited:

TrueSpirit

Yes, we are living in the delusion. In the real world, India is a super power!
Only in your dreams. In real world, India & China are third-world nations. Especially technology-wise, these countries do not hold a candle to the West. However, things have been changing positively in both countries, since last 2-3 decades. While Chinese industry took the easy route of reverse-engineering, industrial espionage, copy-paste designing of inferior shoddily manufactured goods, fudging economic figures/reports & a a highly opaque system, India took the ethical path of assiduously developing its industries in the areas it strength lies, in face of perpetual Western sanctions.

While the PRC took more than it could chew (trying to do everything at the same time & failing in most efforts), India did fewer things at a time, at a steady, determined pace & climbed up the value chain. Once it secured its foothold in the IT, pharma, space, technology & services industry, it diversified in other domains as well.

Both countries are stumbling on the path to become a technology leader like US/Japan/Germany/S.korea & EU nations but a lot of journey is till remaining.

Yes, good words-"upcoming/proposed/planned", which means all thse projects haven't finished yet or not even close to the end. How about now?
On ground, not much progress by Arcelor Mittal & Posco. Reason: environmental concerns, displacement of populations, etc. These concerns for people & environment is zilch in African & Commie dictatorships. So, that's why, PRC citizens are forced to live & breathe smog. & the displaced ones do not find a voice, being a victim of autocratic state.

Yes, let's check the reality: growth from 2007 to 2011

India: 9.8(2007), 3.9(2008), 8.5(2009), 10.5(2010), 6.3(2011)
China:14.2(2007), 9.6(2008), 9.2(2009), 10.4(2010), 9.3(2011)
GDP growth (annual %) | Data | Table

And then in 2012, when China is slowing down to around 7%, india economy is down to 5.3%.

Now tell me how did india's domestic consumption make india better than China?
You have the data. Good. Now, use these figures, use basic maths & tell me if China has managed better than India ?

You have the access to the latest & greatest in the world doesn't neccessarily make your country the greatest! The fact is that the quality level of your own brand car doesn't prove that you own these latest and greatest technology. So you are a better customer than China not a better place for manufacturing, right?
No, India is not best manufacturing destination in the nation. On the other hand, China once used to be the best, in this respect till a few years back. However, owing of diminishing advantage of cost-arbitrage, an ageing population, non-existent IP regime, poor quality control & industrial theft, PRC quickly lost this position.

Now, all major manufacturers are flocking to better destinations like India, Vietnam, Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, some East European nations & the US, of course. However, since all other nations have limited potential & are on verge of saturation (lie China), the Indian manufacturing story is only going to get bigger & biggest. It is not a matter of IF, but a matter of WHEN & the answer is before 2025. It is not an option for us but the only path to provide gainful employment to our dynamic youth,

No, you can't simply because americans don't allow you to do that.
You could wish so. Yes, it is not that simple, but you know very well that IN can make things extremely difficult for China & severely restrict its war-waging potential. Ever heard of insurance-costs ?

Top 100 companies source lots of things from China, so what?
This makes a China a good manufacturing destination in terms of volume. However, in terms of quality, the story is entirely different altogether.

Yes, free to enjoy starvation, free to rape and free to steal public money
Crime in the People's Republic of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

US-China Today: Rape in China

Stricter laws on rape in China but prejudices against women exist : Hutong Cat

No matter how hard it is for you guys to digest & accept the truth, the fact remains that the situation in China (regarding rape, crime, corruption & human suffering) is the worst among all nations (akin Sub-Saharan nations). Your CCP can try as hard as it wants to hide truth from coming out, but world knows the truth. India, being the world's biggest transparent democracy, every single incident is reported without fear or prejudice. We are an open book.

Yes, I can also claim I am selling my Mars technology to NASA. It is internet you can say anything. But the report I provide indicates a not good picture for india's techonolgy.
I can understand your fundamental limitation regarding the subject of IP (as, any IP regime is non-existent in China). However, this is how things work in the comity of free, civilized nations. Any PRC citizen would inevitably have a lot of trouble in understanding such a simple concept.

Yes, I don't see any Chinese company. But where is Indian company? You want to prove me that India is better than China or india's greatness, why give a list of US, Japanese companies? I am not the one claim the greatness of his own country. You are, so please prove to me!
Busted. Your claim of Chinese manufacturing being the best is busted, out & out. PRC simply stands for low-cost-high volume & low-quality (& mostly, counterfeit) manufacturing. Now, even the low cost advantage has diminished altogether.

Didn't you talk about how india is better than China?
Yes, India is better because India has fresh, started out & due to some of its inherent, unparalleled advantages. Please understand that, both countries have relative strengths & weaknesses. Indian strength lies in entrepreneurship, unbeatable demographic advantage, IT skills (from grassroot to the top), ethical & original business models, innovation & better economic fundamentals, Chinese strength lies in discipline, efficiency, infrastructure-building, more conducive business environment (even though as corrupt as India) & largely indigenized military-industrial complex (if we ignore the quality aspect).

If you can actually comprehend English, please understand that no one (absolutely, no one) on this thread has ever claimed that India is a technology or manufacturing superpower, or that, Chinese are nowhere in these fields. Everyone knows that is not the case. PRC has enjoyed the distinction of being one of the best manufacturing destinations of the world for some time, until a few years back.

However, things changed recently (I have often elaborated above, what & how changed) & PRC has been loosing its attractiveness. The upcoming manufacturing destinations are multitude of nations- India, some East Asian nations, some East-European nations & a re-energized invigorated US. Potential-wise, none of these nations can compete with India, save US.

Coming to technology-leadership, please realize that India & China are third-world nations & cannot compete with the West or Japan, as things stand now. Mass-producing low-cost stuff would not make any difference. It would take us a few decades to bridge the gap & negate the early mover & cultural advantages that the West has (industrial revolution & a truly open society, which fosters creativity, entrepreneur zeal & original innovation).

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
Only in your dreams. In real world, India & China are third-world nations. Especially technology-wise, these countries do not hold a candle to the West. However, things have been changing positively in both countries, since last 2-3 decades. While Chinese industry took the easy route of reverse-engineering, industrial espionage, copy-paste designing of inferior shoddily manufactured goods, fudging economic figures/reports & a a highly opaque system, India took the ethical path of assiduously developing its industries in the areas it strength lies, in face of perpetual Western sanctions.
Yes, India took the "ethical path"! Is that why you received the lowest scores on intellectual property right protection, even worse than China?

http://www.firstpost.com/world/prot...ts-india-ranked-last-in-new-index-553849.html

While the PRC took more than it could chew (trying to do everything at the same time & failing in most efforts), India did fewer things at a time, at a steady, determined pace & climbed up the value chain. Once it secured its foothold in the IT, pharma, space, technology & services industry, it diversified in other domains as well.
Yes, india is doing such a great steady advancement, the gap between 2 countries was becoming bigger and bigger in the last 30 years, well done, india!

Both countries are stumbling on the path to become a technology leader like US/Japan/Germany/S.korea & EU nations but a lot of journey is till remaining.
And how are you gonna to bridge your gap with these leaders if you are moving slowly?

On ground, not much progress by Arcelor Mittal & Posco. Reason: environmental concerns, displacement of populations, etc. These concerns for people & environment is zilch in African & Commie dictatorships. So, that's why, PRC citizens are forced to live & breathe smog. & the displaced ones do not find a voice, being a victim of autocratic state.
Every developed country was suffering the same problems during their industrilization, I don't how Chinese can avoid that. You got what you paid.

You have the data. Good. Now, use these figures, use basic maths & tell me if China has managed better than India ?
No, my friend, the data already speaks for themselves!

No, India is not best manufacturing destination in the nation. On the other hand, China once used to be the best, in this respect till a few years back. However, owing of diminishing advantage of cost-arbitrage, an ageing population, non-existent IP regime, poor quality control & industrial theft, PRC quickly lost this position.
Yes, China would love to see those low-end and pollution industries going to the countries like India, don't worry about us!

Now, all major manufacturers are flocking to better destinations like India, Vietnam, Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, some East European nations & the US, of course. However, since all other nations have limited potential & are on verge of saturation (lie China), the Indian manufacturing story is only going to get bigger & biggest. It is not a matter of IF, but a matter of WHEN & the answer is before 2025. It is not an option for us but the only path to provide gainful employment to our dynamic youth,
Really? Let's check the FDI both countries received in last 5 years

China: 175.1(2008), 114.2(2009), 185(2010), 228.6(2011), 253.4(2012)
India: 43.4(2008), 35.6(2009), 27.4(2010), 36.5(2011), 25.3(2012)

Now tell what these manufacturers comes with into india? Money or words?

http://www.oecd.org/daf/inv/FDI in figures.pdf

You could wish so. Yes, it is not that simple, but you know very well that IN can make things extremely difficult for China & severely restrict its war-waging potential. Ever heard of insurance-costs ?
I only know that US navy is the top one in indian ocean, without its permission, there is nothing that IN can do on China's sea line.

This makes a China a good manufacturing destination in terms of volume. However, in terms of quality, the story is entirely different altogether.
Yes, Indian product is so good in "Quality" that no one wants to buy it, not even its own people!

What a shame, the biggiest democracy is have worse corruption than China. By the way, how many corruptive politicians was convicted in inida?

Yes, there is rape in China or every country, but name a major city as "rape capital" is really something that no one else can match:

Delhi's reputation of rape capital of India cemented with three cases in past 24 hours : North, News - India Today

No matter how hard it is for you guys to digest & accept the truth, the fact remains that the situation in China (regarding rape, crime, corruption & human suffering) is the worst among all nations (akin Sub-Saharan nations). Your CCP can try as hard as it wants to hide truth from coming out, but world knows the truth. India, being the world's biggest transparent democracy, every single incident is reported without fear or prejudice. We are an open book.
Yes, my friend, India is an open book, but you guys just choose not to read it! Or pretend that it will be better in next page while you are not doing anything!

I can understand your fundamental limitation regarding the subject of IP (as, any IP regime is non-existent in China). However, this is how things work in the comity of free, civilized nations. Any PRC citizen would inevitably have a lot of trouble in understanding such a simple concept.
Once again, why americans think your IP protection is so bad?

Busted. Your claim of Chinese manufacturing being the best is busted, out & out. PRC simply stands for low-cost-high volume & low-quality (& mostly, counterfeit) manufacturing. Now, even the low cost advantage has diminished altogether.
Oh, yes, now inida is chasing these low-cost-high volume & low-quality manufacturing.

Yes, India is better because India has fresh, started out & due to some of its inherent, unparalleled advantages. Please understand that, both countries have relative strengths & weaknesses. Indian strength lies in entrepreneurship, unbeatable demographic advantage, IT skills (from grassroot to the top), ethical & original business models, innovation & better economic fundamentals, Chinese strength lies in discipline, efficiency, infrastructure-building, more conducive business environment (even though as corrupt as India) & largely indigenized military-industrial complex (if we ignore the quality aspect).
Is that why west is investing far less in india because india is "better"?

If you can actually comprehend English, please understand that no one (absolutely, no one) on this thread has ever claimed that India is a technology or manufacturing superpower, or that, Chinese are nowhere in these fields. Everyone knows that is not the case. PRC has enjoyed the distinction of being one of the best manufacturing destinations of the world for some time, until a few years back.
But you claim that india is better than china. But with Chinese industrial status today, only those tech & manufacturing super powers can claim that they are better than China in general.

However, things changed recently (I have often elaborated above, what & how changed) & PRC has been loosing its attractiveness. The upcoming manufacturing destinations are multitude of nations- India, some East Asian nations, some East-European nations & a re-energized invigorated US. Potential-wise, none of these nations can compete with India, save US.
You can please discuss with detailed data and reports instead of your own hollow words? If you want to make a claim please back it up with hard evidence which can be checked!

t_co

I find it funny that TrueSpirit thinks that IN threats in the IOR to raise insurance costs of Chinese shipping will make India a better place for manufacturing than China. If the Indian government really decided to pursue that course of action, China would almost certainly greenlight aggressive actions by Sri Lankan and Pakistani proxies as well as Naxalites to raise insurance costs for businesses operating in India proper.

The Naxalites, in particular, would love to strike out at MNCs operating in India, given their ideology.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
China would almost certainly greenlight aggressive actions by Sri Lankan and Pakistani proxies
Peculiar choice of words. Proxies not friends? Taller than......

as well as Naxalites to raise insurance costs for businesses operating in India proper. The Naxalites, in particular, would love to strike out at MNCs operating in India, given their ideology.
:facepalm:

Half baked knowledge + Too much internet= Brainfart

TrueSpirit

I find it funny that TrueSpirit thinks that IN threats in the IOR to raise insurance costs of Chinese shipping will make India a better place for manufacturing than China. If the Indian government really decided to pursue that course of action, China would almost certainly greenlight aggressive actions by Sri Lankan and Pakistani proxies as well as Naxalites to raise insurance costs for businesses operating in India proper.

The Naxalites, in particular, would love to strike out at MNCs operating in India, given their ideology.
Its really funny how you Chinese fail to comprehend the simplest of English. My comment regarding insurance costs was in response to his comment about raw materials, etc. That you could not understand the concept is a manifestation of the fact that even after decades of persistent labour, your linguistic skills suck, as ever.

Regarding stoking insurgency: Loose Tibet, forget Xingiang & Taiwan would throw even bigger kicks at PRC's head. PRC is messed, out & out.

TrueSpirit

Yes, India took the "ethical path"! Is that why you received the lowest scores on intellectual property right protection, even worse than China?

http://www.firstpost.com/world/prot...ts-india-ranked-last-in-new-index-553849.html

Yes, india is doing such a great steady advancement, the gap between 2 countries was becoming bigger and bigger in the last 30 years, well done, india!

And how are you gonna to bridge your gap with these leaders if you are moving slowly?

Every developed country was suffering the same problems during their industrilization, I don't how Chinese can avoid that. You got what you paid.

No, my friend, the data already speaks for themselves!

Yes, China would love to see those low-end and pollution industries going to the countries like India, don't worry about us!

Really? Let's check the FDI both countries received in last 5 years

China: 175.1(2008), 114.2(2009), 185(2010), 228.6(2011), 253.4(2012)
India: 43.4(2008), 35.6(2009), 27.4(2010), 36.5(2011), 25.3(2012)

Now tell what these manufacturers comes with into india? Money or words?

http://www.oecd.org/daf/inv/FDI in figures.pdf

I only know that US navy is the top one in indian ocean, without its permission, there is nothing that IN can do on China's sea line.

Yes, Indian product is so good in "Quality" that no one wants to buy it, not even its own people!

What a shame, the biggiest democracy is have worse corruption than China. By the way, how many corruptive politicians was convicted in inida?

Yes, there is rape in China or every country, but name a major city as "rape capital" is really something that no one else can match:

Delhi's reputation of rape capital of India cemented with three cases in past 24 hours : North, News - India Today

Yes, my friend, India is an open book, but you guys just choose not to read it! Or pretend that it will be better in next page while you are not doing anything!

Once again, why americans think your IP protection is so bad?

Oh, yes, now inida is chasing these low-cost-high volume & low-quality manufacturing.

Is that why west is investing far less in india because india is "better"?

But you claim that india is better than china. But with Chinese industrial status today, only those tech & manufacturing super powers can claim that they are better than China in general.

You can please discuss with detailed data and reports instead of your own hollow words? If you want to make a claim please back it up with hard evidence which can be checked!
First, you reply to my posts about about rape, crime, corruption throughout China. Even when you hide everything, somethings manage to come out. Just imagine, what would be your reality inside.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
india without a doubt is a very much better place for mfg than ccp's-prc :- the profits and the technology will NEVER be used to finance nor produce weapons to be aimed back at you !

Last edited:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
india without a doubt is a very much better place for mfg than ccp's-prc :- the profits and the technology will NEVER be used to finance nor produce weapons to be aimed back at you !

China Ranked Most Competitive Manufacturing Nation in the World :thumb:

Over the next five years, 20th-century manufacturing stalwarts like the United States, Germany and Japan will be challenged to maintain their competitive edge to emerging nations such as China, India and Brazil, according to the 2013 Global Manufacturing Competitiveness Index report from Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited's (DTTL) Global Manufacturing Industry group and the U.S. Council on Competitiveness. :thumb:

The report confirms that the landscape for competitive manufacturing is in the midst of a massive power shift – based on an in-depth analysis of survey responses from more than 550 chief executive officers (CEOs) and senior leaders at manufacturing companies around the world.

(India looks good as below???? :india:)

The 2013 Global Manufacturing Competitiveness Index once again ranks China as the most competitive manufacturing nation in the world both today, and five years from now. Germany and the United States round out the top three competitive manufacturing nations, but, according to the survey, both fall five years from now, with Germany ranking fourth and the United States ranking fifth, only slightly ahead of the Republic of Korea. The two other developed nations currently in the top 10 are also expected to be less competitive in five years: Canada slides from seventh to eighth place and Japan drops out of the top 10 entirely, falling to 12th place.

(we hope to see India on 2nd place soon, as below :thumb:)

The report found that access to talented workers is the top indicator of a country's competitiveness – followed by a country's trade, financial and tax system, and then the cost of labor and materials. Enhancing and growing an effective talent base remains core to competitiveness among the traditional manufacturing leaders – and increasingly among emerging market challengers as well.

Manufacturing still matters a great deal for the economic prosperity of 20th century powerhouses – and these nations continue to have enough going for them to stay in the game and even thrive.

China Ranked Most Competitive Manufacturing Nation in the World - arabiangazette.com

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles