iPhone vs Android

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
$100 ? :wtfcat:
So i was under wrong impression and confused 3G/4G (LTE) rates with Broadband.
In India call rates are 1p per second, i.e less than €0.01 per minute. :taunt:

PS: I don't think comparison is fair, France is a high income country compared to lower-middle income status of India.
The cheapest SFR plan is $20 call only, calls are limited to 1hr per day. It is freakn retarded which is why I just shifted to VoiP data calls. The lowest unlimited talk and text is $50 with only 500MB.

This is the best France has to offer! Don't get me started on France Telecom prices!! Hell, it used to to be worse before SFR and Bouygues started the price war last year. :facepalm::cell:

The only good thing about it is the network... incredible signal and speed.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Right now I have inserted only one sim card as I have another phone...the iphone.
When you insert 2 SIM's, one is active and the other is in active-standby mode i.e, if you get a call on that other number, you will be able to pick that call and the number which is active will disengage.
Roaming across India is still not free. They keep postponing it.Now, I am hearing, it will be end of 2013.

People, especially software guys need to have 2 SIM's because we end up leaving our home states and end up getting deployed in another state for projects and work.It becomes imperative to have 2 SIMS to save on interstate calls, receive local calls in the new state. Because in roaming both receiving calls and making calls get charged.

Prepaid is damn cheap in India.It's roaming that hurts.
Doesn't India have a nationwide carrier like Verizon in US or Vivendi in France that you can use anywhere without roaming? Or is it a bunch of regional carriers?

Blackwater

after using my I-phone 5 for 6 months.

I found battery is not that same as 6 months back. It tend to exhaust sooner now and after seen Samsung note 2. i feel 4 inch i phone screen is bit small.

i have heard i phone 5 s soon to be released has 4.5 screen and 13 Mp camera

Any member having same problem of i phone 5 battery draining sooner ??

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Doesn't India have a nationwide carrier like Verizon in US or Vivendi in France that you can use anywhere without roaming? Or is it a bunch of regional carriers?
Yes, we have 5-6 nation wide carriers. But there are roaming charges irrespective of that.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
after using my I-phone 5 for 6 months.

I found battery is not that same as 6 months back. It tend to exhaust sooner now and after seen Samsung note 2. i feel 4 inch i phone screen is bit small.

i have heard i phone 5 s soon to be released has 4.5 screen and 13 Mp camera

Any member having same problem of i phone 5 battery draining sooner ??
I have had mine since November. The battery seems to drain faster to 20% than usual, then it jumps up to 30% and down for a couple hours putting up that stupid 20% warning every 5-10 minutes until you really fall below 20%. I don't think the battery has any less life, but it is far less accurate reporting its estimated life.

Blackwater

I have had mine since November. The battery seems to drain faster to 20% than usual, then it jumps up to 30% and down for a couple hours putting up that stupid 20% warning every 5-10 minutes until you really fall below 20%. I don't think the battery has any less life, but it is far less accurate reporting its estimated life.
i think this battery problem starts after last IOS update month back... what u think??

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
i think this battery problem starts after last IOS update month back... what u think??
I am 100% sure it is the last update. That is exactly when I started having this problem. I see there is a new update for 6.1.2 that fixes a calendar bug that drains battery. See how that works. :p

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Yes, we have 5-6 nation wide carriers. But there are roaming charges irrespective of that.
Let me rephrase that, is there a nation wide carrier with a big enough network to not need roaming? I can go to any corner of France and still pick up an SFR tower and never need roaming.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Let me rephrase that, is there a nation wide carrier with a big enough network to not need roaming? I can go to any corner of France and still pick up an SFR tower and never need roaming.
Yes. Airtel, BSNL, Vodafone, Reliance, Idea.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
These carriers have hardly any data coverage...

Coverage Maps | 2G-3G - India - BSNL MOBILE | Sensorly
I think its wrong. BSNL mobile is a government held corporation and it has the most wide coverage even in remote areas where private carriers wouldn't venture for the want of profit.

Also, a lot of carriers have sharing agreement with other carriers, so no matter wherever you go, you will get the coverage especially airtel and vodafone.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles