Indian Navy emerging as a major Air Force

nirranj

Country flag
AMCA is not happening afaik.

If we go for F-35 now, will we get deliveries around the time IAC-2 is operational
Is IAC 2 Already in design phase? or has the Steel cutting has started? there is no news on this yet?

p2prada

They haven't started construction of Vishal. The navy is yet to freeze the design. Vishal will be a CATOBAR capable carrier, not STOBAR, and this is official.

The Navy is yet to pick out a new shipyard for the construction too. So it will take time before construction begins. Too much work is required.

debasree

Country flag
We should go for some maval rafale as naval lca is still not upto mark

Decklander

I don't think The IAC 2 becomes the Flat top deck with CATOBAR or EMALS ..we may go for the Flat top by 2030 ..

Once the IAC comes to the water again with fully constructed . the next one Goes into the House to Build. One more does we have proper shipyard to construct a flat top carrier weighing around 50000+ Tons .may the the Infrastructure ready by 2025 or later ..until then or we going wait for the Time frame ..No chance

@Decklander Sir

is any SSBN being construed in Kolkata named INS Aryamane
I know that 3 follow up subs for Arihant are being constructed. of which second one is nearly fitted out and maybe launched next year by march but I do not know their names and places where the hulls have been constructed.

Last edited by a moderator:

p2prada

@Decklander

The construction of modules happens in L&T's shipyard at Hazira and the final assembly, including the reactor, happens at the govt owned HSL in Vizag.

The second sub is called Aridhaman.

Two others are under construction at Hazira, so their launches may happen three years (ATV-3) and six years (ATV-4) from now. Overall, the navy is expecting one submarine every three years with the current facilities available.

Decklander

@Decklander

The construction of modules happens in L&T's shipyard at Hazira and the final assembly, including the reactor, happens at the govt owned HSL in Vizag.

The second sub is called Aridhaman.

Two others are under construction at Hazira, so their launches may happen three years (ATV-3) and six years (ATV-4) from now. Overall, the navy is expecting one submarine every three years with the current facilities available.
Bro, I am well aware of that. This guy wanted to know the exact name of the sub so I stated what I did.
The Follow up Subs for Arihant class are going to be much bigger as I posted here that we are close to operationalising the 160MW reactor for subs. The same reactor will find service in IAC-2 also.
Ultimately IN will have a fleet of multipurpose nukes of 12-14 and three CBGs with very potent air compliment. Each CBG needs minimum two nuke multipupose subs to safe guard it against sub surface threats.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Wow, so much love for the F-35B but it is the least capable of all versions. Minuscule payload, poor range and compromised RCS at a higher price tag doesn't seem like a bargain. You just think it looks cool taking off vertically. :lol:

p2prada

Wow, so much love for the F-35B but it is the least capable of all versions. Minuscule payload, poor range and compromised RCS at a higher price tag doesn't seem like a bargain. You just think it looks cool taking off vertically. :lol:
F-35B is better than the Sea Harriers it will replace. That's why the interest in India for the F-35B.

USMC claims the F-35B is far beyond the capabilities of the Harrier II.

Anyway, IN may actually decide to go for the F-35C since the decision to go for a flat-top carrier has already been made.

rugved

Doesn't the Rafale have a naval version called, Rafale M? Wasn't India into a deal with the French department of defence of acquiring the technology for both these aircrafts?

ladder

Country flag
I too heard the same thing ( not at DFI). What I heard was that the construction of second ship of Vikrant class has started.And probably she shall be named VIRAAT after the current ship ( INS Viraat) retires some where around 2020.

IAC2 shall come latter.
What I wanted to say is there is another ship, which is similar to IAC Vikrant, whose construction has started ant not INS Vishal which is in design phase.

Well that's a hearsay, I have no trust-able source. let's not discuss till it is officially acknowledged or denied.
==========================

The first indigenously developed aircraft carrier INS Vikrant, which was introduced in Kochi will be commissioned by 2017. Somewhere around during the same period another aircraft carrier, INS Virat will also be commissioned. With the induction of these two aircraft carriers, our nation will emerge as a major maritime power," Admiral D K Joshi said.
'Navy equipped to deal with threats' - The New Indian Express

Decklander

We may have a short period of about an year when we will be operating three carriers.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles