Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Berkut

Country flag
This is really great news.
I did not read this news in a single main stream news paper.
All I read about is that Sanjay dutt biopic making this amount n that amount.

The government also completed the first bridge for the Mumbai Amdavad bullet train. Also no news.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
World's largest mobile manufacturing factory to be inaugurated in INDIA!!!:india::india:

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Samsung Electronics Co., the South Korean maker of Galaxy phones, said it is opening the world’s largest mobile phone manufacturing facility on the outskirts of the Indian capital, as smartphone demand surges.

The factory will be inaugurated by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and South Korean President Moon Jae-in at 5 p.m. local time. Both leaders are visiting the facility adjoining New Delhi, according to India’s ministry of external affairs.

“The opportunity is just massive," said Faisal Kawoosa, who heads new initiatives at researcher CMR Pvt. “Such a large facility will help Samsung cater to the huge demand in a country of 1.3 billion people where there are only 425 million smartphone users."

Since taking power in 2014, Modi has pushed his "Make in India" initiative, which encourages companies to set up plants in the country, as the nation attempts to bolster domestic manufacturing. India attracted the highest ever foreign direct investment in the past year with inflows totalling $62 billion.

shipments of 124 million units in 2017, the fastest pace of growth among the top 20 markets, according to International Data Corp. Demand for new phones is surging in India, helped in part by billionaire Mukesh Ambani offering $23 4G feature-phones, free voice services and cheap data plans. Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi Corp. said in April it will set up three more factories in India.

The new Samsung factory will have the capacity to fabricate 120 million smartphones per year, and make everything from low-end smartphones that cost under $100 to the company’s flagship S9 model, according to the company.

Indians favor low-end smartphones priced at $250 or less, given the low average annual income of its people, according to Bloomberg Intelligence. That’s one reason why Apple Inc. has struggled to gain market share in India, with most iPhone models priced beyond $500, according to a Bloomberg Intelligence report earlier this month.

Last year, India overtook the U.S. last year to become the world’s second-largest smartphone market after China. There will be 780 million connected smartphones in 2021, compared with 359 million in 2016, according to a study by Cisco Systems.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...est-mobile-phone-factory-set-to-open-in-india
Nice. In another article it was written that Samsung plans to produce 50% of its smartphones in India.
Now that we have got our foot in the door, we need to start moving up the value chain. How many smartphone components are sourced from India by Samsung?

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
World's largest mobile manufacturing factory to be inaugurated in INDIA!!!:india::india:

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Samsung Electronics Co., the South Korean maker of Galaxy phones, said it is opening the world’s largest mobile phone manufacturing facility on the outskirts of the Indian capital, as smartphone demand surges.

The factory will be inaugurated by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and South Korean President Moon Jae-in at 5 p.m. local time. Both leaders are visiting the facility adjoining New Delhi, according to India’s ministry of external affairs.

“The opportunity is just massive," said Faisal Kawoosa, who heads new initiatives at researcher CMR Pvt. “Such a large facility will help Samsung cater to the huge demand in a country of 1.3 billion people where there are only 425 million smartphone users."

Since taking power in 2014, Modi has pushed his "Make in India" initiative, which encourages companies to set up plants in the country, as the nation attempts to bolster domestic manufacturing. India attracted the highest ever foreign direct investment in the past year with inflows totalling $62 billion.

shipments of 124 million units in 2017, the fastest pace of growth among the top 20 markets, according to International Data Corp. Demand for new phones is surging in India, helped in part by billionaire Mukesh Ambani offering $23 4G feature-phones, free voice services and cheap data plans. Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi Corp. said in April it will set up three more factories in India.

The new Samsung factory will have the capacity to fabricate 120 million smartphones per year, and make everything from low-end smartphones that cost under $100 to the company’s flagship S9 model, according to the company.

Indians favor low-end smartphones priced at $250 or less, given the low average annual income of its people, according to Bloomberg Intelligence. That’s one reason why Apple Inc. has struggled to gain market share in India, with most iPhone models priced beyond $500, according to a Bloomberg Intelligence report earlier this month.

Last year, India overtook the U.S. last year to become the world’s second-largest smartphone market after China. There will be 780 million connected smartphones in 2021, compared with 359 million in 2016, according to a study by Cisco Systems.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...est-mobile-phone-factory-set-to-open-in-india
Now I'm a proud Samsung user :india::india:

Pandeyji

Country flag
off topic but dodnot which genis recommended BJP to dismantle there blog niti central post 2014 which was monitored kanchan gupta

Neither they offered any right leaning reportes to join/form its ecosystem nor prevented shutdown of Nitin central

On other hand apart from msm media left/INC has backing of various SM news outlet...

Now BJP faces onslaught of this media while it neither has support of RW news report nor its SM media warriors are capable to take on left leaning social media

And i think no one in BJP at present is even bothers about it.they think modi image may save them
*Cough* Interviews to Swarajya, Republic & Z. No press conference for RandiTV & it's ilk *Cough*
Honestly, it was no good even during 2014. The entire campaign at that time was on promise of good governance. They did not do any negative campaign. Even during the last 4 years, they made no efforts to show the evil of previous governments.
Well they want to be the "good guys" and "good guys don't win"..... generally.....
They are ruling 22 states by being the good guy. On the other hand those who campaign regularly by showing evil like Kejriwal or Rahul Gandhi are walking memes. So I would say that you guys suck at political analysis, no offence intended.

Pandeyji

Country flag
This is really great news.
I did not read this news in a single main stream news paper.
All I read about is that Sanjay dutt biopic making this amount n that amount.

The government also completed the first bridge for the Mumbai Amdavad bullet train. Also no news.
Said so after reading the news from Times of India. Kudos!!!!
Could somebody please define what the fuck they mean by mainstream? I keep seeing this bitching about mainstream everywhere, so tell me what is it? Isn't Republic or Times Now which are the most viewed channels in English language not mainstream? Or AajTak (Rohit Saradana) or Z news not mainstream. Is Swarajya which interviews the Defence Minister or Prime Minister not mainstream? Seriously could you guys define what is this mirage of MSM that we are supposed to hate?

Berkut

Country flag
Maine to bhai Bloomberg me parha. Fir TOI dekha aur nahi mili news.

indiatester

Country flag
They are ruling 22 states by being the good guy. On the other hand those who campaign regularly by showing evil like Kejriwal or Rahul Gandhi are walking memes. So I would say that you guys suck at political analysis, no offence intended.
None taken. We don't suck at political analysis, we did analyze Bihar and Karnataka well enough.
My intention was to point out where BJP is missing out. Most of us live in echo chambers with circles of similar thinking folks. But now-a-days even there we see lot of anti-BJP sentiments.
Added to that, you are ignoring the consolidation attempts by other parties. If that works (big IF), then BJP is in big trouble.
You have seen impacts of that in the Bypolls. I take the Jayanagar assembly election as an example. Mostly upper middle class with one huge pocket in Gurappanapalya. They consolidated solidly behind Congress.

BJP must not ignore the discontent against it as even a few thousand votes will mean a lot during elections. The seats it lost in Bangalore cost BJP the government in Karnataka.

We already hear of similar noises from Rajasthan, MP. They must be heard and addressed. UP and Bihar caste equations must be worked upon and we must hope SP-BSP should not combine and JDU-RJD should not get together or stronger in Bihar.

Pandeyji

Country flag
We already hear of similar noises from Rajasthan, MP. They must be heard and addressed
The discontent in Rajasthan is not because of propaganda. It is because Maharani sucks at governance. I believe the causes are similar in MP (though I haven't been there myself)

As for the rest of the post let me give an example. Remember PK? The guy who managed Modi's PR in 2014? Our own beloved Pappu hired him for UP2017. They didn't win. Similarly Nitish hired him for Bihar & RJD emerged as single largest party. Why? Simple, media management is important, but more important is having workers on ground & even more important is doing good work for the people.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag

Read more at:

MODI SHOULD RESIGN.

==========================================================

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
The discontent in Rajasthan is not because of propaganda. It is because Maharani sucks at governance. I believe the causes are similar in MP (though I haven't been there myself)

As for the rest of the post let me give an example. Remember PK? The guy who managed Modi's PR in 2014? Our own beloved Pappu hired him for UP2017. They didn't win. Similarly Nitish hired him for Bihar & RJD emerged as single largest party. Why? Simple, media management is important, but more important is having workers on ground & even more important is doing good work for the people.
Shivraj Singh Chauhan is a hidden Gem of the BJP Government.
You've probably heard about the 31 encounters under Yogi what many people don't know is that Shivraj has killed more but there hasn't been any uproar about it.

This nigga is stealth.

Yes but there definitely is a issue in MP mostly regarding farmers but that has more to do with BJP not having any plan for Farmers as a whole.

MP is a relatively untouched state it has a hindu majority lots of tourist destination, natural resources and farming land.

What it needs most right now is lots of Highways, Smart cities, a green revolution and Water Management.

And yes don't let the missionaries make their way into MP, there are a lot of vunerables sections here. We look at the area which are infected if we spread the insecticide before the infection can even foot itself then there won't be much to worry about.

Tanmay

Country flag

indiatester

Country flag

Agreed on the cadre. But you need what you can all as captive voters. BSP has them, Muslims and to an extent Christians are captive voters too as they can be moved as required per strategy.
BJP does not have that yet. Hence the importance of using media and propaganda. That is where it must invest a few good heads.
You can get an entire Muslim area to vote just by saying the Modi will be back.
BJP can't do that by saying Rahul or someone will be back. They should also show the evils done by the previous governments. Do negative campaign too... why? because it works and it is there. It is important for people to know what happened to them and who did it.
This good boy behaviour scares me because that was what our kings did when Muslims invaded.

Tibarn

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ease of Doing Business Rankings are out
Jharkhand the Big Surprise Gainer at 4!
Andhra Pradesh and Telangana With Gold and Silver. Haryana with Bronze

Gujarat rounds out the top 5

6 of the top 9 are NDA states with Madya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chattisgarh

I am Disappointed that Punjab, Goa, and Delhi are all scoring below 60%.

Prashant12

Country flag
India becomes world's sixth largest economy, muscles past France

PARIS: India has become the world's sixth-biggest economy, pushing France into seventh place, according to updated World Bank figures for 2017.

India's gross domestic product (GDP) amounted to $2.597 trillion at the end of last year, against $2.582 trillion for France.

The country's economy rebounded strongly from July 2017, after several quarters of slowdown.

India, with a population of around 1.34 billion, is poised to become the world's most populous nation, whereas the French population stands at 67 million. This means that India's per capita GDP continues to amount to just a fraction of that of France which is still roughly 20 times higher, according to World Bank figures.

Manufacturing and consumer spending were the main drivers of the Indian economy last year, after a stutter blamed on demonetisation and implementation of Goods and Services Tax (GST).

India has doubled its GDP within a decade and is expected to power ahead as a key economic engine in Asia, even as China slows down.

According to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), India is projected to generate growth of 7.4 per cent this year and 7.8 per cent in 2019, boosted by household spending and a tax reform.

This compares to the world's expected average growth of 3.9 per cent.

The London-based Centre for Economics and Business Research, a consultancy, said at the end of last year that India would overtake both Britain and France this year in terms of GDP, and had a good chance to become the world's third-biggest economy by 2032.

At the end of 2017, Britain was still the world's fifth-biggest economy with a GDP of $2.622 trillion.

The US is the world's top economy, followed by China, Japan and Germany.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...-muscles-past-france/articleshow/64941102.cms

Global Defence

New threads

Articles