Indian colonel confronts ISI's honey trap

Should the Colonel be punished or forgiven?

• Total voters

agentperry

wat ever you guys says...

but that officer is in deep shit...

he will be court martialed at work and at home.

neither he will get pension or salary nor food and laundry

gone his wife and life

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
wat ever you guys says...

but that officer is in deep shit...

he will be court martialed at work and at home.

neither he will get pension or salary nor food and laundry

gone his wife and life
the colonel was aware of all this consequences.

and yet he came clean and confessed. he put his country above every thing else

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
He didn't sold any secret, is it a heroic act? every soilder is expected to do this as duty.

Now he have wasted some ones else opportunity to get the training and in the mean time wasted nations money.
Huh - if he had been approached by an ISI agent in a restaurant and offered money, the end result would have been the same. He would have reported to Delhi, and would have been rushed back for inquiry. That would have "wasted nation's money too". In fact, it would have 'wasted nation's money' even if he had broken his leg falling down the stairs, or in an accident. :lol:

The real reason that people are making a big deal out of this is because he had sex there, and our hypocrite Indian janata is always on the lookout for a spot of moral policing. The real issue here is about "morals".

agentperry

the colonel was aware of all this consequences.

and yet he came clean and confessed. he put his country above every thing else
do you think high command both in ghq and home will buy this argument? there is no proof that he didnt supplied info to them and confessed of laying down before. he might have given out details and then to avoid being caught by his seniors he confessed that SIR, SAVE ME, IM IN DEEP SHIT, ISI IS BEHIND ME.
sympathy and patriot factor then no body will think of him spilling out secrets

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
do you think high command both in ghq and home will buy this argument? there is no proof that he didnt supplied info to them and confessed of laying down before. he might have given out details and then to avoid being caught by his seniors he confessed that SIR, SAVE ME, IM IN DEEP SHIT, ISI IS BEHIND ME.
So, you have a conspiracy theory that he did indeed supply secrets, and he is lying about not having given out any information. Possible, but then anything is possible. Till the inquiry is done, we will have to go by what the news article tells us at present.

agentperry

So, you have a conspiracy theory that he did indeed supply secrets, and he is lying about not having given out any information. Possible, but then anything is possible. Till the inquiry is done, we will have to go by what the news article tells us at present.
true but blessing in disguise---> he is soon going to get his bachelor days back

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Huh - if he had been approached by an ISI agent in a restaurant and offered money, the end result would have been the same. He would have reported to Delhi, and would have been rushed back for inquiry. That would have "wasted nation's money too". In fact, it would have 'wasted nation's money' even if he had broken his leg falling down the stairs, or in an accident.

The real reason that people are making a big deal out of this is because he had sex there, and our hypocrite Indian janata is always on the lookout for a spot of moral policing. The real issue here is about "morals".
That's not a honey trap scenario you are talking about

read the article once again do you see any similarity with you above given example?
Sources said the Colonel also received letters threatening to put up on the Internet photographs of him in compromising position with the woman, as well as to send them to Delhi, if he failed to work for the ISI. When the pressure mounted on him, the Colonel reported the entire matter to the Indian High Commission in Dhaka, sources said.

The officer was immediately repatriated to Delhi and the Army headquartered ordered a Court of Inquiry. Sources said the inquiry has gotten underway in Delhi.

agentperry

in all how sexually frustrated he was... or how hot could a girl/honey could be

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
That's not a honey trap scenario you are talking about

read the article once again do you see any similarity with you above given example?
I have read the article well enough, and there does not need to be any similarity, because the end result is the same, "waste of nation's time". Why are you looking for similarity in the scenarios?

You tell me, what should he be punished for? For "wasting nation's time"? Why should a person who is directly approached on the street not be punished then? That also "wastes nation's time", no?

I know I was not talking about honey trap scenario. And neither were you.

I am just asking for consistency in your logic. Otherwise, you should just accept that you are not worried about "wasting nation's time", but the fact that he fell for a woman there, who happened to be on ISI payroll.

hitesh

What would have happened if :
1- Motive was to steal some confidential info form his possession & it happens may times & victims never know . Funny part is the person was busy in having his physical intimacy while on official duty .

2- tricked into reveling some confidential secrets .

3-kidnapped to demand for prisoner release from india .

there are numerous possibly that would have put India at the receiving end just because some high rank officer gone physical with some ISI laid bait .

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
I have read the article well enough, and there does not need to be any similarity, because the end result is the same, "waste of nation's time". Why are you looking for similarity in the scenarios?

You tell me, what should he be punished for? For "wasting nation's time"? Why should a person who is directly approached on the street not be punished then? That also "wastes nation's time", no?

I know I was not talking about honey trap scenario. And neither were you.

I am just asking for consistency in your logic. Otherwise, you should just accept that you are not worried about "wasting nation's time", but the fact that he fell for a woman there, who happened to be on ISI payroll.
Point is he informed that he got honey trapped it is different from informing that he got an offer, if he was taught of such a tactic during his course and happened to be a victim then he is such a waste, if such things are not taught then it is excusable maybe.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
What would have happened if :
1- Motive was to steal some confidential info form his possession & it happens may times & victims never know . Funny part is the person was busy in having his physical intimacy while on official duty .

2- tricked into reveling some confidential secrets .

3-kidnapped to demand for prisoner release from india .

there are numerous possibly that would have put India at the receiving end just because some high rank officer gone physical with some ISI laid bait .
Everything you speak about can happen even domestically, within India.

And btw, what is "busy in having intimacy while on official duty"? DO you know that for a fact? Did he skip duty and have his intimacy? How do you know that he did?

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Point is he informed that he got honey trapped it is different from informing that he got an offer, if he was taught of such a tactic during his course and happened to be a victim then he is such a waste, if such things are not taught then it is excusable maybe.
I agree. :thumb:

He should have been more judicious and worldly-wise when on foreign posting. He was indiscreet, and he deserves a rebuke for that - a rap on the knuckles.

I am not sure if there is any "defined" punishment for such an indiscretion. But personally, I find it very unfair to call for severe punishment. :sad:

hitesh

Everything you speak about can happen even domestically, within India.

And btw, what is "busy in having intimacy while on official duty"? DO you know that for a fact? Did he skip duty and have his intimacy? How do you know that he did?
YES it can happen but chances are least with in his own country there are counter intelligence with in army whose job is to look for such traps secondly they wont have easy access to defense installations to get contacts with out getting into the eyes of others.
out side the country its there field ,there rule & chances of honey trapper getting caught is minimum .

He was send there on the expense of tax payers for some purpose & he is no civilian ,he was supposed to have some responsibilities .

hitesh

I agree. :thumb:

I am not sure if there is any "defined" punishment for such an indiscretion. But personally, I find it very unfair to call for severe punishment. :sad:
in defense forces as per law you could face court-martial for even stealing your fellow officers wife .:thumb:

pmaitra

I don't know how it works in military courts, but in a civilian court, the burden of proof is on the accuser, not the defendant.

Ray Sir, please provide your comments w.r.t. military courts.
Mr. Sayare, please provide your comments w.r.t. civilian courts.

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Ray Sir, please provide your comment w.r.t. military courts.
Mr. Sayare, please provide your comments w.r.t. civilian courts.
In this case if ISI tried to blackmail him and he straight away
approached authorities then no case in civil or criminal case, as provision of officials secrets act is not applicable, as he did not share any info with enemy. He might get Court martial for army act for misconduct.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
This is not a honey trap is it. It's blackmail. Good on the officer that he reported it to the high commission.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I said the same thing in previous page.

Devious minds think alike...raw should recruit us 8) yusuf you are reading this ? :D
Why is it that whenever there is any mention of RAW my name comes in? :D
I may or may not be working for RAW but I am certainly not a recruiting for RAW :D

Nagraj

How exactly did he betray our nation??
he tasted honey and didn't give them anything in return.
didn't cow down and got blackmailed.
he did no hard.well if u guys are jealous of him having good sex with honey trap it's your fault.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles