Indian boots on ground in Afghanistan

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
This thread is again screwed because one of the guys again want Deobandis to help us get aligned with Taliban!!

We need boots on ground to support current regime and not Talibunnies. We stay there nice and calm and use it as a base to gather local intelligence and spread RAW. It was not an idea to get involved in local Afghan politics.

arre chachu you will only send troops there when you have assets there to support the coordinated operation against enemy.

You need maps, you need intel, you need logistics. And to do this complex task you need a lot of funding. Is RAW willing to take care of that?

Kshatriya87

Country flag
But do our agencies have sufficient funds so that we can put it on Balochis and taliban too? I believe not.
Annual RAW budget will never be disclosed. But if we have the budget to mobilize our forces in Africa for united Nations, we have the budget for this. If we can spend billions of dollars on defence forces annually, we have the budget for this.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
arre chachu you will only send troops there when you have assets there to support the coordinated operation against enemy.

You need maps, you need intel, you need logistics. And to do this complex task you need a lot of funding. Is RAW willing to take care of that?
And that means aligning with your enemy!!

US wants to go and bomb USSR and so they pay USSR to give them maps and intel!! haha!!

You are such a stress-buster!

Adux

Country flag
Never an Indian presence in Afghanistan, Train them, support them and motivate them against Pakistan.. We need people, there. Idea should be minimal footprint!! Get Afghanistan strong enough to make Pakistan think twice, Make Durand Line hot, and when it boiling point, we send troops, but for that we need many things.. Supply Routes.. making sure china wont make bases in Pakistan in response.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
And that means aligning with your enemy!!

US wants to go and bomb USSR and so they pay USSR to give them maps and intel!! haha!!

You are such a stress-buster!
That's the only way to finish a proxy. LTTE was finished similar way.

How are you suppose to know Talibani presence unless until your agents have not infiltrated into them?

In that terrain, this is the only way to find out.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
That's the only way to finish a proxy. LTTE was finished similar way.
So, Sri Lanka paid LTTE to get maps and then kill them!!

You just amaze me sometimes.

Btw, my statement does not mean that we cannot fund moles. It just means we cannot fund these organizations but only few of their members.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
So, Sri Lanka paid LTTE to get maps and then kill them!!

You just amaze me sometimes.

Btw, my statement does not mean that we cannot fund moles. It just means we cannot fund these organizations but only few of their members.

Then please tell me how you find out enemy location? You cannot use satellite in that dense forest. Neither in the caves of Afghanistan You have to carry out massive clandestine operation to get their movements location their modus operandi, their plan.

ISI has lready infiltrated Taliban, they have done massive covert ops to gather humanIt.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Then please tell me how you find out enemy location? You cannot use satellite in that dense forest. Neither in the caves of Afghanistan You have to carry out massive clandestine operation to get their movements location their modus operandi, their plan.

ISI has lready infiltrated Taliban, they have done massive covert ops to gather humanIt.
Please give sources or some article to support your claim that Sri Lankan govt. actually paid LTTE!! I mean not some random dudes who were moles, but whole LTTE!

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Please give sources or some article to support your claim that Sri Lankan govt. actually paid LTTE!! I mean not some random dudes who were moles, but whole LTTE!
The people who you call random dudes could be your serving officers from RAW or from military who have infiltrated an organisation 1000 kms away. Or those who have passed info to your government against money. So chose words accordingly.

This is not your bloody RSS parliament caste debate.

please do have some common-sense when you debate over clandestine operations. You know sh*t about them.

Don't talk shit like funding a complete organisation. Taliban itself has more than 12 factions in and out of afghanistan. You OBVIOUSLY CANNOT FUND whole taliban, I thought you knew this!!

You obviously, cannot send 10K soldiers by telling them we are sending you to afghanistan go and kill Taliban. I mean WTF???

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
The people who you call random dudes could be your serving officers from RAW or from military who have infiltrated an organisation 1000 kms away. Or those who have passed info to your government against money. So chose words accordingly.

This is not your bloody RSS parliament caste debate.

please do have some common-sense when you debate over clandestine operations. You know sh*t about them.

Don't talk shit like funding a complete organisation. Taliban itself has more than 12 factions in and out of afghanistan. You OBVIOUSLY CANNOT FUND whole taliban, I thought you knew this!!

You obviously, cannot send 10K soldiers by telling them we are sending you to afghanistan go and kill Taliban. I mean WTF???
Why are you getting riled up? You can buy moles as well as you can infiltrate enemy organization with your own men.

You are the one talking crazy when you said- yes, SL funded LTTE. Learn to use right words when describing a situation. People will only understand what you write and not what you think. Funding moles inside Taliban or infiltrating it with your men or funding one faction is not equal to funding Taliban!!

Be precise, people are not enjoying a cup of tea with you here.

Adux

Country flag

Yes, you can use satallite's in dense forest, it is much easier than you think, especially when you have mechanized army running around in forest! Do you know what they need.. ROADS, TRACKS!

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Yes, you can use satallite's in dense forest, it is much easier than you think, especially when you have mechanized army running around in forest! Do you know what they need.. ROADS, TRACKS!

No you cannot use satellite there, as early smog in the morning blocks everything and during spring and summer specially in monsoon, nothing is visible except for vegetation in tropical forest, plus for night ops you cannot get a single clew out of it. Day time they are moving you won't get anything.

Secondly, the proxies like LTTE, Taliban are not stationary, their camps keep moving hence satellite imagery is not useful. The best suitable aerial recon is the drone but again, has got limitations over dense forest.

In afghanistan, yes you can use the satellite, but again by the time your picture gets processed, it's late. That's why US deploys drones to get the pictures out, against the moving proxies.

Why are you getting riled up? You can buy moles as well as you can infiltrate enemy organization with your own men.

You are the one talking crazy when you said- yes, SL funded LTTE. Learn to use right words when describing a situation. People will only understand what you write and not what you think. Funding moles inside Taliban or infiltrating it with your men or funding one faction is not equal to funding Taliban!!

Be precise, people are not enjoying a cup of tea with you here.
So before you send 10K soldiers in Afghanistan, you need to build assets and infiltrate Taliban, so that when our soldiers target them, they really have something to fire upon and not just some civilians or stones or etc. And this alone requires tremendous amount of funding.

And this infiltration into an organisation requires a lot of time. Building assets like Pakistan has built will take atleast 5 years. Otherwise you will be sending our soldiers just to target stones and rocks and getting ambushed from other side.

Hence government has to decide, where they want to put more funds. Is it Baloch insurgency, Afghanistan operation or POK destabilisation. And I doubt we do not have money for this.

nirranj

Country flag
India shouldn't be going alone there. India should bring in Iran, Russia, NATO and China to stabilize Afghanistan. It should be a multi national support force that will be there until Afghanistan has a full fledged and self sufficient army. And India should provide commando force and airlifting capability.

We should negotiate with Afghanistan and Iran for connecting Afghanistan with chabahar. And have a small commando force in the Nimroz province that will help Afghanistan forces in securing that area. This will give us presence on that critical area that lies just across Baluchistan.

Going alone into Afghanistan is suicidal as Pakistan has deeper presence there than us. Instead we should go with a UN authorized force. For which India should provide air support by positioning some of our equipments in Tajikistan and Afghanistan and by forcing Pakistan to allow over flight of our transporters by UN mandate.

If we are going to go alone, then i will go only with US and Russian backing. India can take over the stabilization role from USA and also assure Russia a stable and secure southern border for the CIS. We can ask USA to provide us with some C130j and C14 for this purpose at subsidized rates :-D and Russians to provide helicopters, tanks and trucks with Americans paying for them :-D later when we leave we will give a those equipments for afghan forces.

nirranj

Country flag
LTTE lost the war because of four reasons.

1) Tamils in Tamil Nadu trusted that karunanidhi will find a way to end the war and bring Colombu to peace tables. He backstabbed.

2) LTTE antagonized India with Rajiv assassination. But this happened when India backstabbed LTTE by falling into the trap laid by Jayawardana. India sabotaged LTTEs sea lanes and international operations with the help of International Intel agencies.

3) Karuna Amman, who used to be second in command deserted LTTE and helped Colombu in formulating strategies and providing them with key info on LTTEs strengths and weaknesses.

4) LTTE couldn't transform into a land defending army from a guerilla force. They easily drove out Lankan army by surprise attacks. But when they finally had control of lands, they didn't have enough men, weapons and logistics to safeguard territory against a invading army. SLA used LRRP (long range reconnaissance patrols) during the peace days to bleed LTTE.

And finally LTTE are not proxies. They where there fighting the Sinhalese chauvnism and India used them. They used India as much as India used them. But Rajiv screwed up everything by sending the ipkf and falling into the trap laid by Jayawardana with open eyes. If Eelam had become independent, India would have had an evergreen friend just across the straits.

nirranj

Country flag
India would have been fighting insurgency in Kashmir & Kanyakumari.
One of the stupidest claims I have ever heard in my entire life.

LTTE never claimed Tamil Nadu as their destination. And Tamil Nadu never asked for separation from India post 1962.

Even during the genocide in Eelam during the last stages of the war, we Tamils were doing satyagraha and were begging the Indian govt headed by an Italian to intervene and stop the murder and rape of our brothers and sisters across the straits. We never asked for a separate nation even then.

Show me how many Tamil youth from Tamil Nadu went to Eelam to join the struggle? How many are now in Pakistan or any other third nation that would exploit our wounds still fresh from the back stabbing of Indian govt and our soul still weeping the loss of hundreds of thousands of our brothers and sisters?

Either you are ignorant or Subramanya swami worshiper.

And geographically such an insurgency can happen only from Ramnad to nagapatinam districts. Kanyakumari is off limits.

Last edited:

AnantS

Country flag
One of the stupidest claims I have ever heard in my entire life.

LTTE never claimed Tamil Nadu as their destination. And Tamil Nadu never asked for separation from India post 1962.

Even during the genocide in Eelam during the last stages of the war, we Tamils were doing satyagraha and were begging the Indian govt headed by an Italian to intervene and stop the murder and rape of our brothers and sisters across the straits. We never asked for a separate nation even then.

Show me how many Tamil youth from Tamil Nadu went to Eelam to join the struggle? How many are now in Pakistan or any other third nation that would exploit our wounds still fresh from the back stabbing of Indian govt and our soul still weeping the loss of hundreds of thousands of our brothers and sisters?

Either you are ignorant or Subramanya swami worshiper.

And geographically such an insurgency can happen only from Ramnad to nagapatinam districts. Kanyakumari is off limits.
DMK did not give it up till 1963. Also some declassified reports had some tamil politicians holding parleys with US for help for same (in 1971 IIRC). your passionate but idiotic support for ltte seems you are supporter of those thugs/terrorists which led to pushing back of genuine tamil people's plight to background. And it flies in the face of your claim that there was no support for ltte or eelam nation in tamil nadu.

Last edited:

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
Ltte failed because after 2004/05 they were banned in Canada by conservative pm.

Entire buildings of tamils used to work for them. 4/5 funding

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles