Indian Army not to hire men with tattoos

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Their were issue regarding medical / Health of the men..

Army is very strict in Medical selection..

And then you wonder why there is shortage of officers in IA despite being the world's second biggest population. :scared1:

These are the kind of stupid rules which create problems. When the candidate is short-listed, his medical condition is checked already. If he is safe and healthy while having the tattoo on during selection, I don't see what this silly little babu-ish rule has to do.

I have an Om tattoo (written in Denzongkha).. so that means I am any less martial to be unable to fight?

Such stupid rules is what makes the military look stupid.

niharjhatn

^^^
I think the Indian Army is injecting everyone with Adamantium, and it cross reacts badly with the ink from the tattoos. Only possible explanation :D

Virtual hi-5 to anyone who got this reference.

Adarsh

Hello,

I just joined DFI, and I have a few queries. I have qualified to appear in OTA's SSB interview (course commencing from April 2014). I have a tattoo on my right arm, and I have an eye power of -6D. I was told that the eyesight would not be an issue for recruitment into the OTA. However, I'm concerned because of the tattoo issue. Can somebody please clear it out for me?

PS. I wasn't allowed to attach anything, but the above link is a picture of myself with the tattoo. It was done last October, and no I do not have tattoos anywhere else on the body.

TIA,
Adarsh.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Hello,

I just joined DFI, and I have a few queries. I have qualified to appear in OTA's SSB interview (course commencing from April 2014). I have a tattoo on my right arm, and I have an eye power of -6D. I was told that the eyesight would not be an issue for recruitment into the OTA. However, I'm concerned because of the tattoo issue. Can somebody please clear it out for me?

img69.imageshack.us/img69/9066/f2pq.jpg

PS. I wasn't allowed to attach anything, but the above link is a picture of myself with the tattoo. It was done last October, and no I do not have tattoos anywhere else on the body.

TIA,
Adarsh.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
^^^
I think the Indian Army is injecting everyone with Adamantium, and it cross reacts badly with the ink from the tattoos. Only possible explanation :D

Virtual hi-5 to anyone who got this reference.
There had to be uniformity and one should not appear like a Christmas tree or a camouflaged individual.

That is why there are no caste marks on the forehead allowed, no one can be bejewelled with a whole lot of finger rings except one signet ring, nor can anyone have tattoos.

Even women officers have to have minimum makeup and jewellery and cannot look like models on the ramp.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Get it off, If you want to Join Army..

You are 100% NOT medically fit..

Hello,

I just joined DFI, and I have a few queries. I have qualified to appear in OTA's SSB interview (course commencing from April 2014). I have a tattoo on my right arm

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
You must have eyesight vision of 6/6, worse eye 6/18 with or without glasses. Myopia of not more than minus 5.5 including astogination.

Eyesight Requirements For Indian Army

Corrected

-Left Eye 6/6

-Right Eye 6/6

-------------

Uncorrected

-Left Eye 6/9

-Right Eye 6/36

Visit : UPSC

Alright, what about my eye sight?

HenriettaSwang

From being used as a sign of status to jewellery-like markings, tattoos have been around in India since ancient times. But just how old this custom is, remains a mystery. From the dense, rain-soaked mountain jungles of the northeast to the dry deserts of Rann of Kutch in the far west, tattoos have not always been about beautifying the human body; they have been used for diverse reasons by different communities across the country.
You should choose only meaningful tattoo, if it has some meaning for you the idea to have a tattoo become not so bad. For example, these http://flowertattooideas.com/rose-thigh-tattoos-women/ are tattoos for women that emphasizes their femininity. What do you think?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles