India tells China: Kashmir is to us what Tibet, Taiwan are to you

Parthy

Air Warrior
Well, that is more than enough to make it a disputed land.
Do you want more parties to be involved in?

If i am not mistaking, Kashmir is internationally recognized as a disputed land.
I say, you mistaken buddy!! :emot15: Kashmir is not an international dispute... Never and Ever.. History reckons it..:emot159:

Parthy

Air Warrior
Except that Tibet is not an internationally recognized dispute because NOT ONE legitimate government challenges China's governance of Tibet. NOT ONE. Not even yours.
Yes, Its not ours.. Doesn't belong to China too.. But invading a neighboring country affects the stability in the region.. India has interest over other nations diplomatically not by taking over the country as China does with Tibet, Taiwan and hurt ed with Vietnam by trying to do so..

You can't compare any other country with India in terms of Peace-Keeping...

Necrosis Factor

Yes, Its not ours.. Doesn't belong to China too.. But invading a neighboring country affects the stability in the region.. India has interest over other nations diplomatically not by taking over the country as China does with Tibet, Taiwan and hurt ed with Vietnam by trying to do so..

You can't compare any other country with India in terms of Peace-Keeping...
It doesn't have to be yours to challenge the legitimacy of Chinese rule over Tibet. The silence from the international community is deafening.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
It doesn't have to be yours to challenge the legitimacy of Chinese rule over Tibet. The silence from the international community is deafening.
Are you suggesting that there is "deafening silence" before a major Storm in the making?

Necrosis Factor

Are you suggesting that there is "deafening silence" before a major Storm in the making?
LOL. No, I am not. And if you ARE suggesting a major storm brewing, let me know the evidence that suggests so please because right now it seems like every government is perfectly happy with the things the way they are right now.

maomao

Country flag
LOL. No, I am not. And if you ARE suggesting a major storm brewing, let me know the evidence that suggests so please because right now it seems like every government is perfectly happy with the things the way they are right now.
I thought you know something and truth came out naturally? As I can see your emotions running high on this topic, you could be hiding some facts, are you? :)

destiny

Indians are simply deluding themselves if they think that Kashmir will be solved by taking it off from UN disputed territory list.Kashmir will always remain disputed till China,India and Pakistan holds 3 parts of it and most contentious part of Kashmir is being held by India where is freedom movement is going on since India has occupied it.Its Its the Indian part of Kashmir which is restive otherwise other two parts of Kashmir with respective countries i.e. China and Pakistan are peaceful.

Iamanidiot

China is trying to break encirclement by trying to have good relations with india at this point of time.The Barack Obama visit has confirmed to them that encirclement is happening again .Good relations will be emphasised in Wen Jibao visit by the Chinese side..before that indians are trying to extract their pound of flesh from the chinese.A masterstroke by GoI

Last edited:

destiny

China is trying to break encirclement by trying to have good relations with india at this point of time.The Barack Obama visit has confirmed to them that encirclement is happening again .Good relations will be emphasised in Wen Jibao visit by the Chinese side..before that Indians are trying to extract their pound of flesh from the chinese.A masterstroke by GoI
Thats another delusion of Indians that they can gang up with USA and other like minded countries to encircle China.China can browbeat any alliance of India at its time and place of choosing like it did in 1962.Hope that India don't end up paying the pound of flesh in form of Kashmir instead of dreaming of extracting pound of flesh from Wen Jibao.

maomao

Country flag
Indians are simply deluding themselves if they think that Kashmir will be solved by taking it off from UN disputed territory list.Kashmir will always remain disputed till China,India and Pakistan holds 3 parts of it and most contentious part of Kashmir is being held by India where is freedom movement is going on since India has occupied it.Its Its the Indian part of Kashmir which is restive otherwise other two parts of Kashmir with respective countries i.e. China and Pakistan are peaceful.
You can wait and watch under your delusion and Denial!! And if someone is deluded its beggar pakistan and their demented brainwashed pakistani awam, who have lost half of their country for kashmir and will lose further!

However, there is a major rebellion going on In (POK) Gilgit-Baltistan which will soon take a color of a Civil War/Rebellion as seen in South Punjab, Balochistan and Pashtunistan! Here goes your peace in Pakistani Occupied Kashmir, and we know how azad is azad Kashmir:)

Its a slap on the face of shameless beggar pakistan, that kashmir has been removed from disputed list, even by mistake, though its not!!:happy_2:

So called Chinese kashmir has hardly any population living to rebel and Tibet has had many rebellions in the past and many more are to be followed as CCP is persistent in destroying ethnic culture of Tibet and changing its demography (which is not happening in Kashmir), so bigger problems are yet to unravel.

Now coming back to beggar state pakistan, who the hell gives a damn or listins to a pathetic beggar failed state such as pakistan? probably pakistanis can only dream to be heard Internationally? But who listins to shameless beggar terrorists? I can assume no-one!

Iamanidiot

Thats another delusion of Indians that they can gang up with USA and other like minded countries to encircle China.China can browbeat any alliance of India at its time and place of choosing like it did in 1962.Hope that India don't end up paying the pound of flesh in form of Kashmir instead of dreaming of extracting pound of flesh from Wen Jibao.
1)Barack Obama visited India and China was a prominent part of the discussions thats a fact

2)!962 is not possible this time.The Indians are already extracting the poundof flesh from Chinese from Wen Jiabao's visit even thats a fact

Delusions are those of the delurious.The countries are ganging up against China because of Chinese recent antics thats a fact...

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Indians are simply deluding themselves if they think that Kashmir will be solved by taking it off from UN disputed territory list.Kashmir will always remain disputed till China,India and Pakistan holds 3 parts of it and most contentious part of Kashmir is being held by India where is freedom movement is going on since India has occupied it.[/b]Its Its the Indian part of Kashmir which is restive otherwise other two parts of Kashmir with respective countries i.e. China and Pakistan are peaceful.[/b]
The Pakistani part of Kashmir is definitely not "peaceful". There is constant violence and unrest in POK and Gilgit-Baltistan. Don't be deluded by foreign media; India, being a democratic free country, allows almost unlimited coverage of the Kashmir "conflict", while Pakistan manages to keep a relatively tight lid on it, although a few tidbits still manage to sneak out. Check out the thread on "Life in Pakistani Kashmir" for more info.

As for the Chinese part of Kashmir, it is only peaceful because it is uninhabited :)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nimo_cn Click here to enlarge

If i am not mistaking, Kashmir is internationally recognized as a disputed land.
It doesn't find mention in the UN Report!

anoop_mig25

Country flag

and kashmir includes pok as well so why differnce between using staple vise to indians of j&k not the same to that of PoK

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The govts are not actually happy with the way things are.

The West has always raised the issue and statements from them does not quite indicate happiness. In fact, some such statement are outright condemnation of the manner how Tibet is being handled.

The Tibetans in exile too are not happy.

Tibetans inside Tibet are restive as was seen when the Chinese Police hamhandedly suppressed brutally the rebellion. It is only strong arm tactics that is keeping Tibet under control.

The protest over the downgrading of the Tibetan language in favour of Mandarin is another example.

Therefore, there is no signs of happiness within and without, except in Mainland China.

The world order is changing. Obama's visit apparently cloaked the strategic issue with the high profile accent on Trade and unequal currency rates.

Yet, if one observes, in the wake of Obama's visit, Pakistan has been taken to task for sponsoring terrorism, Japan has moved troops onto the islands claimed by China in pursuit of her expansionist designs, Vietnam is moving towards upholding US interests since it too has been affected by Chinese claims and a war with China, Russia is warming up with the US as is seen from its involvement in Afghanistan and in Obama's tête-à-tête with the Russian President at the G20. Apparently, both Pakistan and China has overextended their hand!

The Pakistan part of Kashmir is not restive. There are reports of rebellion in Gilgit Baltistan. The impression that Pakistan Occupied Kashmir is without problems is because India is not meddling and is wedded to peace and harmony in the neighbourhood, unlike Pakistan which is exports terrorism since that is the only product they can export to remain relevant internationally. It does not take long to make POK restive, but that is not in the Indian foreign policy agenda.

It is not ganging up. It is mutual strategic perceptions.

No one is encircling China. It is just a perception that there is in China that there is an attempt to encircle China. That perception comes since China's writ that was politely being accommodated for the sake of peace has reached its tethers end in all countries on the periphery of China and areas annexed by China and China has realised that these countries are fed up to the gills and are not going to take it any more. This is the fear that has gripped China.

It is good that you speak of 1962. But don't conveniently forget 1969.

Chinese occupied part of Kashmir is really not that quiet as one would is made to believe because of foreigners not being there. I presume the Uighurs, who spill over, could hardly be taken to be calm. And anyway it is mostly uninhabited.

When did Wen speak of good relations? One does not take the Chinese be he Hu or Wen too seriously since pious platitudes and mealy mouthed statements are the Chinese prerogatives and is pandered a dime to a dozen!

Even Tibet is not calm. If it were, then why should the Chinese be mortified of an old man HH The Dalai Lama?

Last edited:

pmaitra

LOL, i love to read posts like this which just proves well Indian minds are full of expansionism.
India was never expansionist over foreign lands. India only wants her own back.

Yes, we want Aksai Chin, Shaksgam, POK and Gilgit-Baltistan back, because they are legitimately ours. We also want Tibet and East Turkestan to be free of Han Chinese domination once and for all.

PRC has supported Pakistan to keep India tied down for too long. It is payback time. It is a crime to hurt others, but it is a bigger crime to silently tolerate injustice.

I am hoping India starts arming Uighur and Tibetan freedom fighters so that the PRC soldiers can be driven out of East Turkestan and Tibet once and for all and humiliated in such a manner that they realise they need to keep within their limits.

Honestly, PRC needs to taste its own medicine. I am not being malicious here. It is only but a fair conflict between two rivals.

Last edited:

ejazr

Ambassador
GoI has started playing hardball on the stapled visa issue now by clearly coming out with the Tibet, Taiwan analogy. The subtle hint being, if you want Tibetian activities to be curtailed in India, agree with our position on Kashmir and don't raise this matter.

India pushes China to resolve stapled visa and other Kashmir issues
BEIJING: India has made it clear to China that it must come up with a clear statement on the Kashmir issue if it expects New Delhi to curb protest movements by Tibetan activists living in the country. Indian officials led by external affairs minister SM Krishna have conveyed in no uncertain terms that they are peeved about China's refusal to resolve the stapled visa issue, and come clear about its troop presence in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir.

Indian officials led by external affairs minister SM Krishna told Chinese foreign minister Yang Jiechi over two days of meetings ending on Sunday at the central Chinese city of Wuhan that they were not amused by China's refusal to revolve the stapled visa issue. The Chinese government has made no changes in its policy of issuing stapled visas to Kashmir-domicile citizens even after New Delhi suspended defence exchanges last August protesting against its refusal to grant a proper visa to an Indian general to travel to China on an official visit.

New Delhi is expected to push this issue further during talks by foreign secretary Nirupama Rao in Beijing on Tuesday and meetings sceduled between Chinese officials and the National Security Adviser Shiv Shankar Menon. But it is not yet clear how far it is prepared to go to make Chinese leaders realize that their inaction on the visa and other Kashmir related issues might cause serious relationship problems.

Indian officials have already taken the first major step by equating the Tibet and Taiwan issues concerning China with the Kashmir issue. The comparision made during Krishna's meetings with Yang is expected to cause some rethinking among Chinese leaders because Beijing is extremely sensitive about what it regards as efforts to politicise the Tibet issue.

Iamanidiot

Ejazr I think the GoI is able to understand the Chinese method of diplomacy thoroughly,Nirupama Rao Menon seems to be good at realpolitik compared to her predecessor.The cards at hand seem to be slowly increasing

Tomcat

to all my dear PRC members Kashmir has been Historically a part of India both Politivally and cluturally the Captial of Kashmir srinagar was founded by ashoka the Great and there by Kashmir was part of the First Indian Empire ( the Mayuran ) i was also part of the Second Indian (Mughal Empire) as also the third Indian Empire ( the British Indian Empire ) and the Indian Union Of States ( the Republic of India ) and the Maharaja of Kashmir had willfully accepted the Instrument of acession under the terms of the Indian Indpendence act of 1946 and the Goverment of india act 1935 as applicable to the Union of India

johnee

well, China would politely tell India: " Taiwan and Tibet are not yours...... Kashimir is not yours ,either!"
Infact, China is saying it quite rudely and brazenly. China's antics have alienated all Indians, so much so that, even our generally soft PM, who delights in 'meeting halfway' to seek friendship, has sensed that Chinese are not to be trusted. Therefore, I would be quite happy if China continues to tread that course, so that India awakens to these issues. Frankly, God has blessed India with China and Pakistan as rivals. Both are unreasonable and have a bloated opinion of themselves. Both keep India on its toes. And both make a lot of noise and little actual trouble.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles