Super Mod
Country flag
Re: India launches monitoring system to track all calls, texts, and on

What a stupid idea.

sorcerer

Country flag

What a stupid idea.
Actually a lot of cases of robbery/man missing /crime related cases are tracked and solved via technology i.e following the mobile networks etc. This new system is taking it one more step closer to "monitoring."

When the world is becoming more dependent on technology and communications are multi chanelled it makes sense to keep a finger on this pulse.
But what is to be seen is how efficiently the data is interpreted and analysed.

Even in existing system, we always hear "intelligence agencies warned the police force of an imminent attack" etc etc in the aftermath of a terror attack.. They file it under "Lack of ACTIONABLE INTELLIGENCE" after the kaboom

it happened in Mumbai terror attack to the latest bangalore blast near BJP office.
I believe that the intelligence gathering part + distribution part is quiet good, but when it comes to the real life level where the real action takes place, the authorities dont take them seriously or they dont give such tips due consideration and hence end up in kaboom.

Now that the world is dealing with cross border terrorism, If the latest intelligence gathering system is put to good use with a global framework for sharing such intelligence, then we may see quiet a drop in terror activities.
It will all work and only work when the auhorities who are supposed to act at the field level puts some effort , work on these intelligece and show some genuine patriotism.

JBH22

I think @Yusuf was saying it in a general sense, not in your case in particular. For example, one should not call for the assassination of our leaders. That will land the poster in jail.
I will say whatever I believe is true and not gonna change my tone to please anyone.

In this country some will vilify RSS but will say Osama ji or Owaisi Saab.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Herr Kapil Sibal is working overtime, the same way Ashwini Kumar was.

Protecting 'national secrets', I presume!;)

By the way, the Congress claims they thought out themselves and gave the RTI, it was the Supreme Court which initiated the demand for RTI.

The Supreme Court has read in article 21 the right to know. To quote the Supreme Court "Right to Know is a basic right which citizens of a free country aspire in the broader horizon of the right to live in this age in our land under Article 21 of our Constitution."

Freedom of Information Act was passed in 2002, but as the statutory functionaries of this act were not nominated and appointed, this act could not be implemented. In 2005, this act was replaced by the Right to Information act, 2005.

Now, UPA is working overtime to ensure that information is not leaked where the RTI can be used.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles