In Afghanistan Pakistanis pretend to be Indians

Rage

DFI TEAM
Given the rampant anti-Pakistan attitudes in Afghanistan that the article itself alludes to, I find the argument that many Pakistanis in Afghanistan would try and pass themselves off as Indian if stopped at a check-post or similar situation credible. The Pakistani diplomatic missions have been attacked several times, so it stands to reason that Pakistanis fearful of being arrested, or worse, would try and hide their identity. The problem here lies more with the attitudes of the Afghans, in openly discriminating against Pakistanis and targeting them, and not with Pakistanis trying to conduct their business in the country.
Given the state of Afghanistan, it is but natural for Afghans to be openly suspicious about Pakistanis' movements and intents.

Afghanistan is a place where even a modicum of safety often comes at a steep price, and 'security' itself is often ephemeral and transient.

In such a security-compromised state, I think it is natural for the Afghans to subject fair treatment and courteous benefit-of-doubt to the more primary aim of making safe. And in such a volatile and potentially explosive state, one will always rely more on instinctive spur of the moment judgment than on standard security protocol.

No offense, I think Pakistanis have played a great role in justifying the treatment meted out to them by the Afghans. The problem, though, is not just this historical wrong. It is that Pakistanis continue to do so.

Agnostic Muslim

Pakistanis are getting what they deserve.
The Pakistanis subjected to discrimination in Afghanistan are probably not diplomats since they would be able to bypass most security checks etc, but rather civilians in Afghanistan on business (which in turn is something Afghanistan herself needs to develop her economy) or Pakistanis with relatives in Afghanistan that they are visiting (again, tourism revenue since money has to be spent in Afghanistan while they are visiting).

So no, these Pakistanis have done nothing to deserve open discrimination, illegal detentions, kidnappings, torture etc.

The problem here lies with the Afghans - it is they who have to discard the prejudice and hate they harbor, because the Afghan government is not innocent when it comes to Afghan-Pakistan relations over the decades.

Agnostic Muslim

dude at any cost i will not let any one address me or be addressed as a Paki ever even if it kills me i would die but i will not bear the shame of addressing me as a Paki but on the other hand take a look at these................. these are not isolated incident it is as common as u and me .................... if you pakis have so much pride in being a paki then why do you have to address yourself as indian.................after all one paki = 10 indians rite ......... and the people in southern indians are ugly and short and physically deformed rite according to your text books....................

Sethi US Pakistanis Pretend as Indians SHOWS HINDU Heritage and ISLAM is a failure - YouTube

Pakistanis | STOP pretending as Indians in America after Mumbai Terrorist Attacks, Time Sq Plot.mp4 - YouTube
You will get a response when you can compose a rational and civil argument that does not degenerate into slurs.

And that also goes for anyone else following the same template in terms of posting.

Cheers

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The Pakistanis subjected to discrimination in Afghanistan are probably not diplomats since they would be able to bypass most security checks etc, but rather civilians in Afghanistan on business (which in turn is something Afghanistan herself needs to develop her economy) or Pakistanis with relatives in Afghanistan that they are visiting (again, tourism revenue since money has to be spent in Afghanistan while they are visiting).

So no, these Pakistanis have done nothing to deserve open discrimination, illegal detentions, kidnappings, torture etc.

The problem here lies with the Afghans - it is they who have to discard the prejudice and hate they harbor, because the Afghan government is not innocent when it comes to Afghan-Pakistan relations over the decades.
Will you deny that Pakistan did not use Astan as strategic depth against India? Astan is nothing but a tissue paper do you?

Your leaders have very clearly stated they will not see Indiahave anything to do with in Astan. India role in Astan has been universally acknowledged and more so by Afghans themselves. A host of polls confirm that.

And seriously I wonder what business is Pakistan doing for the benefit of Astan? Pak itself is in no position to help anyone as it is yet to help itself.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Will you deny that Lakistan did not use Astan as strategic depth against India? Astan is nothing but a tissue paper do you?

Your leaders have very clearly stated they will not see Indiahave anything to do with in Astan. India role in Astan has been universally acknowledged and more so by Afghans themselves. A host of polls confirm that.

And seriously I wonder what business is Pakistan doing for the benefit of Astan? Pak itself is in no position to help anyone as it is yet to help itself.
are u misspelling deliberately or your auto-correct isn't working?

The Fox

You will get a response when you can compose a rational and civil argument that does not degenerate into slurs.

And that also goes for anyone else following the same template in terms of posting.

Cheers

well you donot have a answer for this and this is not someone else doing in the case of india the terrorism is being pushed from Pakistan but the terrorist in your country is ur own doing you guys are not only hurting yourself but hurting the whole world with terrorism emulating from your land......... and your country and country men pissed off lots of powerful countries and people and because of this pakistani Diaspora around the world including the ones in your Strategic backyard (Afghanistan) is ashamed of their identity and " this is the bottom line and you are in denial mode "

Last edited:

datguy79

This is pretty much to the point. I was visiting a couple years back and had two cousins who are a tad bit darker than your average Afghan. They were stopped at pretty much every single checkpoint or whenever the police could lay eyes on them. We don't take chances with them. Half of the killed Taliban on the battlefield have Pakistani IDs on them, not to mention the fact that the Taliban only came to power due to most of its manpower being supplied by the PA.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Pakistanis and Bangaldeshi passing off as Indians?

Bobs your uncle! ;) :pound:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
No one likes pakis even there all weather friend china and there masters saudis who think they're slaves rather than partners.

Libertarian

To be honest, atleast in NY, I find almost all desi restaurants clearly mentioning Pak-Afghan-Indian-BD cuisine and not just Indian.
I dunno...
I've been to a lot of "Indian" restaurants that are run by Bangladeshis.

cloud_9

Country flag
Most of the Indian Restaurants down under are run by Bangladeshi's and them pretending to be Indian is quite common here.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
To be honest, atleast in NY, I find almost all desi restaurants clearly mentioning Pak-Afghan-Indian-BD cuisine and not just Indian.
Throughout the US, Europe and East Asia, I have seen dozens of "Indian restaurants" owned by Pakis and BDeshis. And to be honest, I have not seen a single restaurant having "Pakistani cuisine" in my life, anywhere in the world!!! There may be some, but few and far between.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Throughout the US, Europe and East Asia, I have seen dozens of "Indian restaurants" owned by Pakis and BDeshis. And to be honest, I have not seen a single restaurant having "Pakistani cuisine" in my life, anywhere in the world!!! There may be some, but few and far between.
The fu*k is pakistani cuisine anyways ?

arkem8

Country flag
Oh you'll see them in Islamic countries like UAE,Malaysia, Saudi, Kuwait and Qatar....But then again Paki cuisine is ...... just like them Pakis....

arkem8

Country flag
Double post sorry....

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles