Import curbs on China likely as deficit grows

SHASH2K2

Those stupids who are trolling in this should know few things.
china is good in manufacturing while India is good in IT, services and pharma industries.
India demanded bigger market for its area of expertize to bridge the gap and china didnt agree. India is merely reacting not acting due to chinese greed . so get the F out of this thread unless you have any substantial opinion to post instead of trolling .

Tianshan

India demanded bigger market for its area of expertize to bridge the gap and china didnt agree. India is merely reacting not acting due to chinese greed . so get the F out of this thread unless you have any substantial opinion to post instead of trolling .
if the trade is so unfavorable, then why did india make us their largest trading partner?

nobody forces you to buy from us.

if you don't like the terms, then you don't need to trade with us.

SHASH2K2

if the trade is so unfavorable, then why did india make us their largest trading partner?

nobody forces you to buy from us.

if you don't like the terms then you don't need to trade with us.
arent we doing the same. we are just trying to do trade on our terms .
Also trade means give something and take something. with china its only give give and give. when we open our market for you you should also reciprocate . perhaps greed has blinded you all .

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
India actually will not be hurt from any tit for tat chinese increase in import duty. India hardly exports any manufactured goods to China. I would more than appreciate that you guys increase duty on iron ore from India so that no one buys it in China and Indian ore remains in India.

Tianshan

Also trade means give something and take something. with china its only give give and give.
if the deal is so bad, then why did you make us your largest trading partner by buying so much of our stuff?

when you see a bad deal, the logical thing to do is not take it.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
if the deal is so bad, then why did you make us your largest trading partner by buying so much of our stuff?

when you see a bad deal, the logical thing to do is not take it.
I will say the answer is greed. Cheap products sold at good margins here. God Damn it look at the price they retail toys here. Freaking bomb!!

Tianshan

I will say the answer is greed. Cheap products sold at good margins here. God Damn it look at the price they retail toys here. Freaking bomb!!
you can solve your trade deficit easily, by tightening your belts and paying slightly more for indian-made products, instead of chinese ones.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
you can solve your trade deficit easily, by tightening your belts and paying slightly more for indian-made products, instead of chinese ones.
Read my earlier posts here as well. I tell you its the greed and lack of government support to local industry which you will say is funny or strange but then it is the truth.

Ask Singh the admin who is a manufacturer and how much heat he faces from China. its not that he cannot be competitive, but there are other factors.

One more thing that is also that China gives export subsidies. It has been reduced recently, but in my line of trade, about 3-4 years back there was an export subsidy of 15% in China. What most Chinese manufacturers did was to quote cost to cost and keep the subsidy as margin. Worse a lot of people even pass on a part of the subsidy to the consumer. Add to that currency manipulation that does not reflect the true price of the product as well. All in all, there is no way an Indian manufacturer can compete with China.

Tianshan

All in all, there is no way an Indian manufacturer can compete with China.
if you don't think you can win, then why compete with those products in the first place?

just block the chinese exports. so that you can give your own industries time to build up.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
if you don't think you can win, then why compete with those products in the first place?

just block the chinese exports. so that you can give your own industries time to build up.
Duh!! Thats the whole debate about and why i crib about lack of government support. Indian industries are there. People are ready to set up factories where there are none, but the stupid government does nothing to support it. just to get land to set up factory takes big money in terms of bribe and then land value. Then to get electricity and water you need to pay bribe. To get clearance from sales tax guys you need to pay bribe. Even the peon on the sales tax office takes "tea money". It all adds to the cost. The system is the problem. If it gets sorted out, India will be able to take on china any day. Labor is cheap here as well like China.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles