Hinduism a scientifically proven religion !!

johnee

I think there are certain differences in details between Mahayana Buddhism and Theravada Buddhism.

HeinzGud,
I think Buddha rejected certain aspects of Vedic school(what Rishis followed) like animal sacrifices during vedic rites. He rejected the authority of Vedas for this reason. Yet, most of the other principles are kept unaltered.

Dhyana, Samadhi, and Gyanam were already part of Sankhya. It seems Buddha's method closely resembles this. Interestingly, the progenitor of Sankhya is also named Gautama.

Vyom

Seeker
Only factor is that our Dhamma is very difficult to follow in its true application. If we have to indeed seek out that level of enlightenment, we will have to do what lamas, bhikshus and Dharmic rishis and Sikh gurus did: give up material life and worldly pleasures. Which is not possible in our cases that you know and I know.
It is entirely possible, think of a lotus in mud.

HeinzGud

Country flag
I think there are certain differences in details between Mahayana Buddhism and Theravada Buddhism.

HeinzGud,
I think Buddha rejected certain aspects of Vedic school(what Rishis followed) like animal sacrifices during vedic rites. He rejected the authority of Vedas for this reason. Yet, most of the other principles are kept unaltered.

Dhyana, Samadhi, and Gyanam were already part of Sankhya. It seems Buddha's method closely resembles this. Interestingly, the progenitor of Sankhya is also named Gautama.
Dhyana, Samadhi, and Gyanam are part of the Buddha's way of attaining Nirvana. It's not the entire part. BTW if Sankyas' knew about all these things Buddha wouldn't have to leave the palace and go search the truth by himself!

johnee

Dhyana, Samadhi, and Gyanam are part of the Buddha's way of attaining Nirvana. It's not the entire part. BTW if Sankyas' knew about all these things Buddha wouldn't have to leave the palace and go search the truth by himself!
Going to jungles leaving the comforts in search of truth(Satyam) is an ancient and well-respected tradition of Hinduism(Sanatana Dharma). Indeed, Buddha followed this tradition. This tradition has been in vogue before and after Buddha.

I said there is proximity in Sankhya Method and what is taught by Buddha. However, there are different schools of Buddhism who have different teachings...

HeinzGud

Country flag
Going to jungles leaving the comforts in search of truth(Satyam) is an ancient and well-respected tradition of Hinduism(Sanatana Dharma). Indeed, Buddha followed this tradition. This tradition has been in vogue before and after Buddha.

I said there is proximity in Sankhya Method and what is taught by Buddha. However, there are different schools of Buddhism who have different teachings...
Dude u seems to lack some knowledge of Buddhism. It was a tradition of Hinduism or what the sadhu's followed but Buddha (Sidhartha) was brought up in a palace depicted as heaven. He endured no sorrow. King Suddhodhana personally took charge of this meassures. He made sure nothing related to religon to be heard by Siddhartha, due to the early prophesy about Siddhartha that he would be either a emperor or a great spiritual leader.

Siddhartha's journey to find truth started when he saw suffering of his kingdom.

johnee

Dude u seems to lack some knowledge of Buddhism. It was a tradition of Hinduism or what the sadhu's followed but Buddha (Sidhartha) was brought up in a palace depicted as heaven. He endured no sorrow. King Suddhodhana personally took charge of this meassures. He made sure nothing related to religon to be heard by Siddhartha, due to the early prophesy about Siddhartha that he would be either a emperor or a great spiritual leader.

Siddhartha's journey to find truth started when he saw suffering of his kingdom.
I know all that. How is that contradictory to what I said? Hindu Puranas, traditions and Itihaasas talk about many Monarchs, Kings, Princes,...etc who have left their royal comforts and went to Jungles. It was a regular custom for royalty to retire into woods in the search of Moksha.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Here's what a few quantum physicists had to say about Hinduism....

Erwin Schrodinger: Gave the Schrodinger's Equation

This life of yours which you are living is not merely apiece of this entire existence, but in a certain sense the whole; only this whole is not so constituted that it can be surveyed in one single glance. This, as we know, is what the Brahmins express in that sacred, mystic formula which is yet really so simple and so clear; tat tvam asi, this is you. Or, again, in such words as "I am in the east and the west, I am above and below, I am this entire world."

The unity and continuity of Vedanta are reflected in the unity and continuity of wave mechanics. In 1925, the world view of physics was a model of a great machine composed of separable interacting material particles. During the next few years, Schrodinger and Heisenberg and their followers created a universe based on super imposed inseparable waves of probability amplitudes. This new view would be entirely consistent with the Vedantic concept of All in One.

Vedanta teaches that consciousness is singular, all happenings are played out in one universal consciousness and there is no multiplicity of selves.

Nirvana is a state of pure blissful knowledge.. It has nothing to do with individual. The ego or its separation is an illusion. The goal of man is to preserve his Karma and to develop it further – when man dies his karma lives and creates for itself another carrier.

There is no kind of framework within which we can find consciousness in the plural; this is simply something we construct because of the temporal plurality of individuals, but it is a false construction....The only solution to this conflict insofar as any is available to us at all lies in the ancient wisdom of the Upanishad.

The multiplicity is only apparent. This is the doctrine of the Upanishads. And not of the Upanishads only. The mystical experience of the union with God regularly leads to this view, unless strong prejudices stand in the West.
Heisenberg: Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle

After the conversations about Indian philosophy, some of the ideas of Quantum Physics that had seemed so crazy suddenly made much more sense.
Niels Bohr: Pioneering work in determining the structure of atom

I go into the Upanishads to ask questions.

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag
Here's what a few quantum physicists had to say about Hinduism....

Erwin Schrodinger: Gave the Schrodinger's Equation

Heisenberg: Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle

Niels Bohr: Pioneering work in determining the structure of atom
Can you give me exact definition in Hinduism about attaining Nirvana?
How we do it and why we do it?

I know all that. How is that contradictory to what I said? Hindu Puranas, traditions and Itihaasas talk about many Monarchs, Kings, Princes,...etc who have left their royal comforts and went to Jungles. It was a regular custom for royalty to retire into woods in the search of Moksha.
A regular custom to go to jungle and find Moksha??? Why those royality, won't learn to govern and fight??? Isn't it gives much more sense to their carriers??

Are they coming back when they couldn't find Moksha and say Nah I couldn't find it but I'm more religious now so give me the country?? So why only Siddhartha attained the Nirvana???

Can you give a single other royalty who ventured into the jungle???

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
AFAIK some Hindu seers call moksha or what the buddhists try to achieve as worse than hell. Their reasoning - moksha means absence of pleasure and pain, whereas they seek happiness.

HeinzGud

Country flag
^^^^ How to attain Nirvana in as a Hindu or a human being described in Hinduism??

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Can you give me exact definition in Hinduism about attaining Nirvana?
How we do it and why we do it?
Lol..I can't, I'm no expert in Hinduism, surely someone else can.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^^^ How to attain Nirvana in as a Hindu or a human being described in Hinduism??
?

I am not an authority on attaining Nirvana but there are possibly dozens of methods to achieve nirvana/moksha in Hinduism

1. through gyana / knowledge/ contemplation (something similar to buddhism)
2. through bhakti yoga (selfless surrender)
3. through karma yoga (performing duties selflessly)
4. through raja yoga (systematic practice of yoga)
5. through yagyas (as described in vedas)
6. through prayers (as described in esoteric texts)

etc

amitkriit

Religion is an extension of philosophy, it's not science.
Hinduism is a way of life, not a religion as per my opinion.
Nobody has seen god, god's existence cannot be proven, and hence any book/philosophy which talks about god cannot be scientifically correct.

HeinzGud

Country flag
?

I am not an authority on attaining Nirvana but there are possibly dozens of methods to achieve nirvana/moksha in Hinduism

1. through gyana / knowledge/ contemplation (something similar to buddhism)
2. through bhakti yoga (selfless surrender)
3. through karma yoga (performing duties selflessly)
4. through raja yoga (systematic practice of yoga)
5. through yagyas (as described in vedas)
6. through prayers (as described in esoteric texts)

etc
Do we have to practice all or would one be enough??
Do we have to meditate to calm ourselves to attain nirvana?
Does anyone have attains Nirvana in Hinduism?

Religion is an extension of philosophy, it's not science.
Hinduism is a way of life, not a religion as per my opinion.
Nobody has seen god, god's existence cannot be proven, and hence any book/philosophy which talks about god cannot be scientifically correct.
Why then Hinduism has so many gods?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Hinduism is essentially monotheistic, the different gods represent different energies and forces of nature.
Your question is not in any way related to the post you quoted though.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Do we have to practice all or would one be enough??
Do we have to meditate to calm ourselves to attain nirvana?
Does anyone have attains Nirvana in Hinduism?
1. one ought to be enough
2. not necessary
3. not understood

they are deities

HeinzGud

Country flag
I did not invent Hinduism, it evolved through several centuries. I don't know whether god exists or not.
You should have known if you say Hinduism is a way of life not a religion, however where did the idea of God is accepted into Hinduism if it was a way of life not a religion?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles