Gotabaya Rajapaksa sworn in as new Sri Lankan president

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
You still not explaining what does Art370 an act which is internal to india has to do with Srilanka and what kind of pushing my Amit shah . AS is india's home minister not some international minister .. still confused

please elaborate
Sirji too much ISI propaganda CHARAS Sri Lankans are gulping.
Listen to Chinese so that to balance out india and then give them land, many times I think SRI LANKA IS NO DIFFERENT THAN PAKISTANIS IN MINDSET.

Indrajit

Country flag
Yes. Sorry it should be corrected as Article 370.

Of course A370 does not relate a bit to Sri Lanka. But, we would like to see that India would not attempt similar process in Sri Lanka to further their own agendas. I mean like Amit Shah's role in pushing A370.

@tarunraju @captscooby81
I have read your posts on this and they make no sense whatsoever. What exactly is your issue with Art.370 and AmitShah ? I can’t see any relevance to Sri Lanka at all. Please expand your thoughts on this.

sydsnyper

Country flag
@HeinzGud - Is the left chasing your president with hands washed (literal - haath dhoke peeche padna), if so, he is a good choice. If not, he's gonna be the next in the line of notable ass invaders like the pakis, chinese, the LTTE and the islamists who have had their way with sri lanka...

captscooby81

Country flag
He hasn't changed a bit, just masquerading himself as hindu samrat to hide his CIA stooge dirty ass . I will never ever trust that chameleon . Its better BJP keeps him miles away from the party and govt

Between CIA stooge Swami had some role to play in that. I don't understand that guy if he is truly changed now as he claim.

captscooby81

Country flag
Pakistan Embassy in colombo stil acts as ISI den from there using the Islamic jihadis in TN and using the palk strait access to smuggle gold and drugs and also money has been going on for so long . If only TN politicians start with iron hand on cracking the TNTJ and other groups which has close links with NTJ of SL we are destined for more bad days in TN or south from the SL shores

Indrajit

Country flag
Pakistan Embassy in colombo stil acts as ISI den from there using the Islamic jihadis in TN and using the palk strait access to smuggle gold and drugs and also money has been going on for so long . If only TN politicians start with iron hand on cracking the TNTJ and other groups which has close links with NTJ of SL we are destined for more bad days in TN or south from the SL shores
I'm not as worried about Sri Lanka .
Gotabaya Rajapaksa is unlikely to repeat the previous mistakes. The Sri Lankans have learnt from the Chinese experience and the present government would also need India's support to fend off the Ruropeans and the Americans. Gotabaya has his hands dipped in blood directly and he will find the Europeans and Americans enough trouble. The last thing he will want to do is to open another front.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Yes. Sorry it should be corrected as Article 370.

Of course A370 does not relate a bit to Sri Lanka. But, we would like to see that India would not attempt similar process in Sri Lanka to further their own agendas. I mean like Amit Shah's role in pushing A370.

@tarunraju @captscooby81
India is friendly all its neighbors. India helped SL to fight against terrorism. We warned you against terrorist attack against churches. We are always friendly to our neighbors but you too should not do anything which hurts India interest. If you allow China an entry /base in your country, we will be forced to take counter measures. Please keep in mind our security concern when you do anything.

Bhurki

Listen to Chinese so that to balance out india and then give them land, many times I think SRI LANKA IS NO DIFFERENT THAN PAKISTANIS IN MINDSET.
There's actually no other choice for small countries. Playing 2 giants against each other is one of the primary methods to ensure survival. There's been several examples in the cold war.
In Indian context, Nepal got burnt quite bad during 2015 blockade, which lead to them strongly requesting China for port access and rail route.

Raju Seth

Dear tamils please dont do this....last time TN govt started to train LTTE without new delhi's mandate,it backfired..please dont use state resources for any such thing

sorcerer

Country flag
Well my friend..in that case its not SL that is the problem..its the TN if ISI is finding traction inT N that is the problem you have to deal with first.
Same with many other states.

Its better and easy to identify and kick /subdue the enemies on the inside than do some adventure on the outside.
TN politicians should start with an IRON hand in cracking the safe houses inside TN that is working for the ISI in SL..that will be a good start..
ISI is in SL because they know they have contacts in TN..to thwart the game start from INSIDE TN

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Well my friend..in that case its not SL that is the problem..its the TN if ISI is finding traction inT N that is the problem you have to deal with first.
Same with many other states.

Its better and easy to identify and kick /subdue the enemies on the inside than do some adventure on the outside.
TN politicians should start with an IRON hand in cracking the safe houses inside TN that is working for the ISI in SL..that will be a good start..
ISI is in SL because they know they have contacts in TN..to thwart the game start from INSIDE TN
At this point in time, TN KL AP are a gone case...

Jagan has started showing his true colours..

I am not seeing any hope of revival anytime soon.

Last edited:

Flying Dagger

Country flag
At this point in time, TN KL AP are a gone case...

Jagan has started showing his true colours..

I am not seeing any hope of revival anytime soon.
What happened please move that discussion to relevant thread on AP . I knew that guy is a big time fraud so is naidu. Andhra need a BJP gov with a winnable face.

captscooby81

Country flag
So now mahinda rajapaksha becomes PM of SL . Not even a day after his brother become the president . The previous PM resigned . Now both strongman in power . Let's see how they handle jihadis in island nation

HeinzGud

Country flag
Lie.

Pak thanks Lanka for help in 1971 war.

On a day India's top bureaucrats including the foreign secretary and national security advisor reached Colombo for a series of crucial bilateral meetings, Pakistan thanked Sri Lanka for all the help it provided Islamabad during the 1971 war against India.

Further, Pakistan made it clear that the resolving the dispute over Kashmir was essential for peace in the region.

In her speech addressed to a Lanka-Pakistan business council in Colombo on Friday, Pakistani high commissioner, Seema Ilahi Baloch said that Saarc as a regional group could become more effective for economic development if "we resolve our political issues with India including the core issue of Jammu and Kashmir."

"We hope you appreciate that just as Sri Lanka has not compromised on its integral issues of sovereignty, nor can we. We understand that to attain durable peace in our region, the Kashmir dispute must be resolved by peaceful means in accordance with the UN resolutions and the wishes of the Kashmiri people," Baloch said.

Baloch made her remarks as Nirupama Rao, Shiv Shankar Menon and defence secretary, Pradeep Kumar reached Colombo to meet President Mahinda Rajapaksa and other top officials.

Earlier in her speech, Baloch said Sri Lanka's help to Pakistan during the 1971 war could never be forgotten.

"We in Pakistan cannot forget the logistical and political support Sri Lanka extended to us in 1971 when it opened its refueling facilities for us," she said.

During the 1971 war, Pakistani aircraft refueled at the Bandaranaike airport while on way to East Pakistan, which later became Bangladesh. Because Pakistani aircraft couldn't fly over India, the planes had to stop here to refuel.

Interestingly, during the same time when Pakistani aircraft were filling their fuel tanks inside the airport, a limited contingent of Indian army troops were deployed to guard airport's periphery against an attack by extreme Left insurgents.

It is widely believed that Indo-Lanka diplomatic relations were considerably soured after Colombo allowed the refueling.

"We have tried to contribute to Sri Lanka's endeavour to achieve peace for its people…," Baloch said.

During the last years of the war against the Tamil Tigers, Pakistan and China were among the top suppliers of arms and ammunition to Sri Lanka.

Baloch also spoke about a signing a Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) with Sri Lanka. A similar agreement between India and Sri Lanka has been stalled because of opposition from certain political parties and entrepreneurs.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/worl...in-1971-war/story-UpZWXd0fFX5eDPac0KMIYL.html
Wrong. This is just a exaggeration of facts.

SL allowed PAK transport aircrafts returning from Bangladesh to refuel en-route to Pakistan.

There was no motive to harm Indian strategic interests.

Even India acknowledged this at that time. There was no issue.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Like I said, I recognise the mistakes done in the past.

I have put forth a point of view, which is based on ground reality.

in the aftermath of church bombings, Multiple arrests have happened in India as well as part of the bombing investigation.

And don’t forget the inputs given by Indian intelligence was ignored by Sri Lankan intelligence, isn’t there a possibility that some people in your intelligence agencies have similar opinions on India just like your. Not being able to compartmentalise between regional politics and national good.

I am saying this mistrust should end.
There was no issue with Sri Lankan intelligence apparatus. It was a colossal failure of the out going government. They were appeasing the Muslims and expecting a minor incident.

HeinzGud

Country flag
The history is those sitting in office decided to help Srilanka against LTTE .

Why should India keep this paranoia alive ?

Do you spell "D U M B " as your name ?

If not then throw your word after thinking.

We lost our PM because he helped you atleast you should be thankful to his support and respect the sacrifice of our martyred soldiers for you everytime it is mentioned.

You massacred Tamils based on superficial Ethnic superiority complex and religious hatred.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tamil_Genocide_by_Sri_Lanka

Both were as stupid a reason as it can be Tamils were right to fight for their rights life and respect. So be sympathetic to them for what you did and apologise.

You didn't came into Srilanka from heaven in Burak like porks in Pakistan. You both are fucking indian ethnic groups from this subcontinent the least you could have done is not fight based on ethnicity .

Remember what a pakistani cricketer said to Dilshan ?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw3l3E1HW18253ubcHsOgazL&cshid=1574130118637

But now you have moved on to China Pakistan nexus again despite all what we did for you to contain LTTE.You do understand its not 1971 and such misadventure by SL won't go unpunished,India will not let you enjoy from a balcony seat.
What? Rajiv G helped Sri Lanka during his term as a prime minister? He made it worse IMHO. He helped Prabhakaran escape with his life in 1985 when Sri Lankan army almost surrounded him. He forced our then President JRJ to abandon the highly successful military operation against LTTE. What are you talking man?

We massacred Tamils based on ethnic superiority and religious hatred? Sinhalese are quasi Hindus. They worship Hindu Gods. There was no religious hatred. And about ethnic superiority issue. You don't know Sri Lankan history at all. It is like a Pakistani lecturing about the Kashmir conflict to a Indian.

Sinhalese have already apologized for what they have done. It is the turn of the Tamils to do the same.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Its not paranoia. Sri Lanka helped Pakistan in 1971 war. It still has a lot of pakistani intelligence agents trying to destabilize South India.
If that was not enough, Mahinda also created the situation to hand over the port as a naval base to the Chinese.

Sri Lanka should work on economic development rather than getting caught up in the geo-political game between big powers like it did in the past.
Well, Mahinda didn't hand over any port to China. Get your facts correct.

HeinzGud

Country flag
India was one of the original targets, that was there in the intelligence report itself. The High Commission was a prime target, didn’t happen because of enhanced security. Also the Taj Hotel escaped only because there was an issue with the bomb which went of later in a smaller place.
Yes. Indeed. Indian High Commission was said be targeted.

Infact, what happened in April 21 was a watered down attack. They were planning a much bigger scale attack covering the entire island. Incidentally they were only left with about handful people for final operation.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles