GDP of States & Union Territories for FY2012

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
India's GDP as on 31st March, 2012 was $1.9 Trillion.

santosh_g

reasons behind maharastra's high per capita income:

1) agriculture: thanks to river godavari,tapi n krishna..
2) industrial : thanks to mumbai and pune.. mumbai -textiles, seaport and software pune-software
4)services: one of the most populous state and three well developed cities mumbai , pune n nagpur will definitely boost income though services.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
In terms of rate of growth, Gujarat with 15.33% is not among the top ten. The list is led by Arunachal Pradesh at 27.53% and Bihar at 24.4%, with Jammu % Kashmir at 15.80% at tenth.

Even among the top ten states in terms of percentage share of contribution to national GDP, Gujarat's growth rate is only fifth. The first four being Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala, and Maharashtra.
Growth rate would obviously low, you do understand why Maharashtra has low growth rate than Arunachal Pradesh, do you ?? The reason is obvious, you can't get growth rate much if you're already developed and still Maha,Gujarat, Tamilnadu is having good growth rate, so if you compare properly, growth in this state is much better than the names you've listed. Per Capita income of Gujarat is good in comparison to other states and remember it was the year of election and drought, agricultural share is very less but industrial share is much more. In fact industry wise gujarat is 2nd. And growth over previous year is much higher, in fact Gujarat is 1st despite having good growth in past. You can compare it in the 2nd table....

List of Indian states by GDP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

drkrn

Maharashtra has historically had consistently better leadership than in the rest of the country, yet I don't see anyone pitching Maharashtra's CM to be the future PM, but a mediocre performer like Modi continues to get support, especially from the very vocal (though numerically irrelevant :taunt:) right-wing.

What doesn't make sense to me though is that is if all the states grew on average 10% or higher for FY2012, how come India's GDP growth was less than 7%? :noidea:
a house divided within itself cannot stand.even Maharashtra as a state is strong politics of it are very troubled,unlike gujrat where modi is more or less a monarch giving him a good chance on national stage

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Maharashtra has historically had consistently better leadership than in the rest of the country, yet I don't see anyone pitching Maharashtra's CM to be the future PM, but a mediocre performer like Modi continues to get support, especially from the very vocal (though numerically irrelevant :taunt:) right-wing.

What doesn't make sense to me though is that is if all the states grew on average 10% or higher for FY2012, how come India's GDP growth was less than 7%? :noidea:
Having seen Maharastra at close quarters with Maharastrian relatives (Chota Nagpur, Virdharba and main) as also being in a Maharastraian predominant regiment and relations holding high IAS posts in the Maharastra cadres, I beg to differ that Maharastra had great leaders.

The great leaders were mostly from the sugar lobby and that was their only goal!

The neglect of Vidharba and Marathwada is legend!

Last edited:

tramp

Having seen Maharastra at close quarters with Maharastrian relatives (Chota Nagpur, Virdharba and main) as also being in a Maharastraian predominant regiment and relations holding high IAS posts in the Maharastra cadres, I beg to differ that Maharastra had great leaders.

The great leaders were mostly from the sugar lobby and that was their only goal!

The neglect of Vidharba and Marathwada is legend!
The great imbalance between development of the major cities and the rural areas is too glaring across Maharashtra. In fact this is true for most Indian states. Concept of rural infrastructure is non-existent in most parts of India.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles