Foreign secretary S Jaishankar to visit Pakistan

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
During his visit he should ask for withdrawal of PA and her citizens settled illegally in Kashmir.

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
Foreign Secretary's response to a question following talks with his Pakistani counterpart in Islamabad

March 03, 2015

In response to a question on talks with his Pakistani counterpart in Islamabad today, the Foreign Secretary said:

I am glad to be here as part of the Prime Minister's initiative of a SAARC Yatra. I conveyed the expectations of our leadership on SAARC and their determination to forge a cooperative relationship with all our neighbours.

We discussed ideas and initiatives to take SAARC forward. Pakistan will be the next SAARC Chair and India would like to work with Pakistan to help SAARC achieve its potential.

Naturally, my visit provided an opportunity to discuss our bilateral relations. We engaged on each other's concerns and interests in an open manner. We agreed to work together to find common ground and narrow differences.

I reiterated our known concerns on cross border terrorism, including on the Mumbai case.

We agreed that ensuring peace and tranquillity on the border was vital.

Our talks were held in a constructive and positive atmosphere.

I look forward to calling on the Prime Minister later this evening.

Foreign Secretary's response to a question following talks with his Pakistani counterpart in Islamabad

I wonder..why the information reported is so brief.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
To avoid unnecessary speculation from Baki side.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles