Fixing the Education system

Naren1987

We know that our government can't deliver on this, so I was just thinking, how about we allow a tax rebate for Private sector employees who pay tuition fees for underprivileged kids in decent private schools,
If we believe it could turn cumbersome, then we could have private agencies that would pay these fees for you and send you a receipt, they do get their commision, of course.
Same for healthcare, and other services.
I know most of the users here don't trust our Government to be an efficient institution in delivering public services.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
1. Increase number of schools and colleges.
2. Move from 100% theory based tests to 50-50 theory and practical.
3. Increase salary of teachers and professors.
4. Give funds to universities to conduct R&D.

Naren1987

1. Increase number of schools and colleges.
2. Move from 100% theory based tests to 50-50 theory and practical.
3. Increase salary of teachers and professors.
4. Give funds to universities to conduct R&D.
I believe everybody knows those measures are vital for our kids, I'm talking about finding new ways to fund them.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I believe everybody knows those measures are vital for our kids, I'm talking about finding new ways to fund them.
How to stop middle men swindling off funds even if govt gives money ?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Azim Premji to start two free schools in every district

MUMBAI/ BANGALORE: After chipping in for the country's educational system for a decade, the Azim Premji Foundation (APF), run by the third richest Indian on his own money, is all set for a generous initiative. The foundation plans to start 1,300 schools across the country- two per district - which will be free, impart education in the local language and be affiliated to the state board.

If the idea succeeds, it could shame India's dysfunctional public education system - and perhaps inspire other wealthy tycoons to look beyond their personal status-building.

The APF schools, from preschool to class 12, will be on the lines of government ones. The difference will be in quality. "Quality education is fundamental to our becoming a developed nation. And the final crucible of learning is the classroom," says Azim Premji.

Wipro's idea of starting 1,300 schools came after the Azim Premji Foundation recently reviewed its work from 2001, the year in which it was set up. "We felt the need to graduate from programme interventions to institution-building," says Dileep Ranjekar, APF's CEO. "One of our ideas was to set up a separate educational board like the ICSE/ CBSE. But most of us...felt that change would be better felt and seen by actually setting up schools."

Those associated with the planning of this Rs 9,000-crore project say that the schools will focus on the overall development of their students, including their health and nutrition. "The attempt is also to establish schools in corners that are currently educationally under-served and not to compete with existing schools, whether public or private," says Ranjekar, adding that seven schools will start within a year-and-a-half in Karnataka, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand and Chhattisgarh. If things go as forecast, all the 1,300 schools should be up and running by 2025.

The aim behind the schools is two-pronged. "One is to build social pressure for other schools to follow suit and provide quality education. Two, we want to test ourselves, understand what it takes to deliver quality teaching and learning. One cannot tell the world to improve unless one actually leads by example," says Ranjekar.

A focal aim of the foundation is to get each school to evolve, over time, as a development centre integrated with the community. Thus, the schools will be staffed with teachers from the rural areas, but appointed after written tests and an interview.

"Emphasis will be placed on their expertise in the subject, their understanding of pedagogy and their social orientation. Parents of the children will be important partners in the process of development," says Ranjekar.

Azim Premji to start two free schools in every district - Times Of India

Naren1987

Another thing we need to work on is our English comprehension ability.
We should not tolerate anything less than Course-B English for the CBSE curriculum.
Anything less, and the students will have perplexed looks on their faces while going through the textbooks in their Grad schools, I can guarantee you that.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I dont like the idea of us becoming a english speaking society.

It just doesn't sit right with me. Its allright to know but it shouldn't overtake our own language.

Naren1987

I dont like the idea of us becoming a english speaking society.

It just doesn't sit right with me. Its allright to know but it shouldn't overtake our own language.
We depend on the Anglo Saxon market, most of the Scientific literature is published in English and you talk of identity?
And FYI,
We don't have any single national language, we have many.

Naren1987

Furthermore, the language is supposed to serve the people, not the other way around.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
We depend on the Anglo Saxon market, most of the Scientific literature is published in English and you talk of identity?
And FYI,
We don't have any single national language, we have many.
All im saying is that we should not forget our own languages or think of them as inferior.

You know what is annoying ? Two Indians born in delhi speaking to each other in not to perfect english when the conversation could have gone much more smoothly in hindi.

Naren1987

All im saying is that we should not forget our own languages or think of them as inferior.

You know what is annoying ? Two Indians born in delhi speaking to each other in not to perfect english when the conversation could have gone much more smoothly in hindi.
And I never talked about scrapping classes for our indigenuous languages.
We can learn Advanced -level Hindi, and we must learn Executive level English.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
And I never talked about scrapping classes for our indigenuous languages.
We can learn Advanced -level Hindi, and we must learn Executive level English.
People in other countries also speak english but they take pride in there own language. Here in the subcontinent we have a slavish attitude to english.

Galaxy

Country flag
People in other countries also speak english but they take pride in there own language. Here in the subcontinent we have a slavish attitude to english.
Very true. I don't know why few literate people feel ashamed in talking in our own languages ? Slave mentality or 21st century fashion ?? Don't know but certainly it's not needed. We should be proud of our own languages like French, English, German, Chinese, etc. people do.

Naren1987

We also need to have IIT level institutes for all disciplines, there are so many kids who could be very good lawyers, teachers, and other white collar professions.
But they all prepare for the IIT-JEE, because they're the only institutes in India whose Infrastructure and staff can be compared to the West's Tier-2 colleges.
Engineering should be only for students who're interested in Engineering.
We have too little quality for our too many Engineers,
We have millions of Engineering graduates and too little Judges.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Very true. I don't know why few literate people feel ashamed in talking in our own languages ? Slave mentality or 21st century fashion ?? Don't know but certainly it's not needed.
Im sure you must have noticed this...specially in big cities.

Chinese will speak chinese when amongst themselves, arabs will speak arabic when amongst themselves, french with speak french when amongst themselves, spanish will speak spanish when amongst themselves, same with italians, germans, russians, turks, greeks, japanese etc but Indians, pakis, bangladeshies & sri lankans will speak in english even when amongst themselves...atleast the rich and upper middle class does.

Last edited:

Naren1987

And we do talk like their slaves, I don't think too many Anglo Saxons would be impressed by the English speaking skills of our call center employees.

vikaskumar11233

Tihar Jail
Banned
Totally agree.We learn French,German,Italian because we want a job of linguist in these countries which are meager in front of our country's size and speak their own languages not English and they are happy and developed.
And now see our countries opinion over new pattern of IIT which is made to give profit to the CBSE candidates.I am not in favor of this new pattern of IITjee or ISEET.This pattern supports CBSE candidates in comparison to the other regional boards students.CBSE students scores higher than the other regional board candidates.iit jee sample papers

vikaskumar11233

Tihar Jail
Banned
I have also read the advertisement in which Aziz Premji foundation has started the free schools and they required teachers.Its really a good opportunity for youngsters that they are getting job,money and a great satisfaction of serving the needy people.icse 2011 board papers

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles