First user trial of Agni IV on Dec. 2

power_monger

Country flag
induction complete, now user will do regular training trials. It has joined and it is from production batch..................:thumb:
No Agni Iv is not yet inducted.Till now all the test conducted were development trials.yesterdays test was the first test for user trials for SFC(strategic force command). As my understanding minimum 3 sucessfull test are required for Induction.So expect induction after 2 more user trials.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
No Agni Iv is not yet inducted.Till now all the test conducted were development trials.yesterdays test was the first test for user trials for SFC(strategic force command). As my understanding minimum 3 sucessfull test are required for Induction.So expect induction after 2 more user trials.
When i said induction it means, given to SFC. Yeah it has been given to SFC. Now they will have to make standard operational procedure to fire it, work on it, test it, then it will be fully operational.

times of India report also says this.

The actual operational induction of the missile, which was tested for a range of only 3,000km on Tuesday, will take another couple of years.
Nuclear-capable Agni-IV test-fired successfully, has China in sight - The Times of India

The Hindu news
Preparations are in full swing for the trial, and the entire operation will be carried out by the Army's Strategic Forces Command (SFC) personnel as part of the pre-induction user trials, according to a top official of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). Normally, three to four such trials would be conducted by users before the overall induction of the missile into the SFC, he added.
First user trial of Agni IV on Dec. 2 - The Hindu

If tomorrow we have to fire it in anger, it is not as if we wont do it, SFC may not have too many personals in different groups to fire it today, but it does have few group(s), who have been trained to fire it.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles