do you feel any kinship with the roma people

Soul83

indira ghandi was quiete pro-roma. since then no indian politician concerned himself with the roma anymore. im curious which party of political group in india cares the most about roma, or are there any at all? do you personally think of roma as kin, and what would you say if a roma wanted to marry your daughter?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Roma people?

@roma aunty can tell better. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Roma people?

@roma aunty can tell better. :D
Firslty im not (your) aunty :scared2: ...roma-ji ie enough and preferable :namaste:

Secondly my nick-name roma is from names like roma khanna - and
there are at least two people with that identical name
one was (is ?) with cnn-ibn broadcasters of india, the other is Indian-Canadian
and is fantastically well-qualified
ref :- https://www.google.com/?hl=en#hl=en&q=roma+khanna

Fact is im persian-indian basically ( maybe some syrian from very way back ) mix
and not of gypsy or Roma background

eg im more like sushanne khan ( formerly sushanne hritik roshan )

hope that helps clarify.

Last edited by a moderator:

desicanuk

Yes definitely.Roma are our people and I for one believe that Indian government should look after them as Israel does for Jews.Indian government should protest any violation of their human rights especially in some East European countries.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
indira ghandi was quiete pro-roma. since then no indian politician concerned himself with the roma anymore. im curious which party of political group in india cares the most about roma, or are there any at all? do you personally think of roma as kin, and what would you say if a roma wanted to marry your daughter?

I am not an expert on Roma people, so can not answer your query as to which party in India is more inclined to be pro Roma , suppose its more of a case where, which ever party Roma people communicate with .

now for the latter part of the query

Given that Roma originated from North western India , Roma people would indeed be our kin ,

As for Inter-marrying, the same socio economic qualification rules would apply to Romas as they apply to any other ethnic group from abroad,
Indians would neither be positively nor negatively drawn to Roma because of their Indian Background.

Country flag
Yes definitely.Roma are our people and I for one believe that Indian government should look after them as Israel does for Jews.Indian government should protest any violation of their human rights especially in some East European countries.
Indians do not care for others out side their region forget countries. Kasmiris are
Refugees in their own country, votebank has created another Bangladesh in India.
I don't,think indians or govt are least bit concerned.

Glint

Country flag
People could feel or support them on personal level but as far as Political matters go,
India is not concern about it.

It's like Supporting People of Pakistan because they were a part of India in the past.

Glint

Country flag
People could feel Bad* or support them on personal level but as far as Political matters go,

It's like Supporting People of Pakistan because they were a part of India in the past.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
People could feel or support them on personal level but as far as Political matters go,

No It's not , Pakistanis caused partition of India , and are actively Anti-India, Roma people are not

But for Roma to garner the attention of Indian Government they'll have to be more pro active on their own part and communicate their expectations and grievances to the same.

Glint

Country flag
No It's not , Pakistanis caused partition of India , and are actively Anti-India, Roma people are not

But for Roma to garner the attention of Indian Government they'll have to be more pro active on their own part and communicate their expectations and grievances to the same.
My point was supporting people who were a part of India in the past. Pakistan is merely an example.

If you failed to comprehend my point, here's another example.

- Its like supporting people from Fiji's cause they have Indian ancestry.

It's the responsibility of Romanian Government to take care of its people even though they migrated from India before 1000-900 years ago. India does not have/need to support them.

Hope you get it now, Regards.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Firslty im not (your) aunty :scared2: ...roma-ji ie enough and preferable :namaste:

Secondly my nick-name roma is from names like roma khanna - and
there are at least two people with that identical name
one was (is ?) with cnn-ibn broadcasters of india, the other is Indian-Canadian
and is fantastically well-qualified
ref :- https://www.google.com/?hl=en#hl=en&q=roma+khanna

Fact is im persian-indian basically ( maybe some syrian from very way back ) mix
and not of gypsy or Roma background

eg im more like sushanne khan ( formerly sushanne hritik roshan )

hope that helps clarify.
Waaauuu!

Now I am gonna write a biography about you. :D

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
My point was supporting people who were a part of India in the past. Pakistan is merely an example.

If you failed to comprehend my point, here's another example.

- Its like supporting people from Fiji's cause they have Indian ancestry.

It's the responsibility of Romanian Government to take care of its people even though they migrated from India before 1000-900 years ago. India does not have/need to support them.

Hope you get it now, Regards.
Well as you'll appreciate Pakistani are hardly the people worth citing when talking of Non Indians who have Indian ancestry in a generic sense.
He is not asking the Indian govt to feel responsible about them, he is simply asking if they would elicit any interest from Indian Government,

And as for Fijians , Mauritians, Trinidadians etc , if you would have been following the news You'll realise that Indian Government has in the past been actively involved in preserving and encouraging the interests of Indians residing in these countries , so there is no reason why it should be any different for Romani people.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I feel no kinship with roma. I don't share the anti-gypsy views of the hypocritical Europeans though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glint

Country flag
Well as you'll appreciate Pakistani are hardly the people worth citing when talking of Non Indians who have Indian ancestry in a generic sense.
He is not asking the Indian govt to feel responsible about them, he is simply asking if they would elicit any interest from Indian Government,

And as for Fijians , Mauritians, Trinidadians etc , if you would have been following the news You'll realise that Indian Government has in the past been actively involved in preserving and encouraging the interests of Indians residing in these countries , so there is no reason why it should be any different for Romani people.
Appreciate your view. If you read my previous post you would find that i said

"People could support them on personal level but as far as Political matters go, India is not concern about it."

And in my honest opinion I don't think India should get involved in that. There are people in India who need better services.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
wow, heck am i sticking my neck in this one with so many replies - but it is an interesting topic isnt it ?

Indians do not care for others out side their region forget countries. Kasmiris are
Refugees in their own country, votebank has created another Bangladesh in India.
I don't,think indians or govt are least bit concerned.
valid observation - more true for people in India - where they can pick and choose but for nri's, normally
the mother will say preferably marry from our own community but if not any Indian will do - please try your best not to marry a non-indian

also in India - the state barriers to friendship and marriage or mixing pf any kind is breaking down, especially at the more educated levels - look at shasi tharoor, mani shanker iyer, subramaniam swam , Rajiv gandhi, priyanka - they are all married to people from other states within India and in the case of Rajiv - to a total foreigner - so it's more flexible at the top an surely the top, if they conduct them selves well are an example to the others to follow ( mummy if our prime minister can do that , why cant i ? )

I feel no kinship with roma. I don't share the anti-gypsy views of the hypocritical Europeans though.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
same feeling here ---- am neither pro nor against - just treat as an individual

I am not an expert on Roma people, so can not answer your query as to which party in India is more inclined to be pro Roma , suppose its more of a case where, which ever party Roma people communicate with . now for the latter part of the query
Given that Roma originated from North western India , Roma people would indeed be our kin ,
As for Inter-marrying, the same socio economic qualification rules would apply to Romas as they apply to any other ethnic group from abroad,
Indians would neither be positively nor negatively drawn to Roma because of their Indian Background.
the assertion that roma people originated from india is a strange one to behold in practice - i am aware that otherwise learned authorities such as encyclopedias might be saying so - but let's remember the british also concocted the aryan-dravidian divide and now we are finding serious holes in that theory ...i actually live in Iberia and there are loads of Roma people and communities here and they include almost every dna - from Indian looking at the darkest level to total blonde at the other extreme ( strangely there are no Chinese looking roma nor african looking ) - some do look remotely indian but the majority by far do not - they look basically european and are already integrated into society to the extent that you cant ell them apart until they tell you

Even a simple search via Google or any non-british source will tell you that a large part of Roma are originally NOT from India but from the caucus region - the areas now called armenia, georgia, , eastern turkey, anatolia azerbaijan

so why single out india although our contribution is only say 7 or 8% of the roma total population
my response is - ask the british - i personally believe they had a major hand in that twisted assertion !

simple reply :- Packland is pointing nukes at us , roma people are not .

No It's not , Pakistanis caused partition of India , and are actively Anti-India, Roma people are not But for Roma to garner the attention of Indian Government they'll have to be more pro active on their own part and communicate their expectations and grievances to the same.
GIven my observation that roma are only about 7or 8 % of indian origin, should the indian government and indian society feel responsible ? lets be rational and look at NRI and PIO ( people of indian origin ) qualifications - do roma qualify for either of those ? ....let's be logical and accurate - they dont do they ? there is a time limit of 4 generations where one ancestor had to be born in india - but indian based roma have left india for at least 500 years , actually more , so that's a lot more than 4 generations - they are also intermixed to the extent that they do not practice any indian culture nor hold the characteristics of indian people do they ? ...the only thing in common is a brownish look and a straight nose , unlike say malay or polynesian people ?

in 1987 whne there wa a coup in Fiji and indians were seemingly threatened, Rajiv Gandhi who was then PMwarned that india would not sit idly by and watch negative things happen to our people - his statements had an effect

Name of the biography will be Aunty ji,Aunty ji get up and dance :rofl:
no problem - but what happens after the :basanti:: dance ? :bedtime: or :cb: or ?? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ITBP

I dont feel any connection with Romas. Sorry if my views hurt you, but the fact is may be Roma's ancestors were Indians. But we live in present.

If Romas are Indians, Then aboriginal Australians too should be Indian, as they went from India.

Soul83

wow, heck am i sticking my neck in this one with so many replies - but it is an interesting topic isnt it ?

valid observation - more true for people in India - where they can pick and choose but for nri's, normally
the mother will say preferably marry from our own community but if not any Indian will do - please try your best not to marry a non-indian

also in India - the state barriers to friendship and marriage or mixing pf any kind is breaking down, especially at the more educated levels - look at shasi tharoor, mani shanker iyer, subramaniam swam , Rajiv gandhi, priyanka - they are all married to people from other states within India and in the case of Rajiv - to a total foreigner - so it's more flexible at the top an surely the top, if they conduct them selves well are an example to the others to follow ( mummy if our prime minister can do that , why cant i ? )

same feeling here ---- am neither pro nor against - just treat as an individual

the assertion that roma people originated from india is a strange one to behold in practice - i am aware that otherwise learned authorities such as encyclopedias might be saying so - but let's remember the british also concocted the aryan-dravidian divide and now we are finding serious holes in that theory ...i actually live in Iberia and there are loads of Roma people and communities here and they include almost every dna - from Indian looking at the darkest level to total blonde at the other extreme ( strangely there are no Chinese looking roma nor african looking ) - some do look remotely indian but the majority by far do not - they look basically european and are already integrated into society to the extent that you cant ell them apart until they tell you

Even a simple search via Google or any non-british source will tell you that a large part of Roma are originally NOT from India but from the caucus region - the areas now called armenia, georgia, , eastern turkey, anatolia azerbaijan

so why single out india although our contribution is only say 7 or 8% of the roma total population
my response is - ask the british - i personally believe they had a major hand in that twisted assertion !

simple reply :- Packland is pointing nukes at us , roma people are not .

GIven my observation that roma are only about 7or 8 % of indian origin, should the indian government and indian society feel responsible ? lets be rational and look at NRI and PIO ( people of indian origin ) qualifications - do roma qualify for either of those ? ....let's be logical and accurate - they dont do they ? there is a time limit of 4 generations where one ancestor had to be born in india - but indian based roma have left india for at least 500 years , actually more , so that's a lot more than 4 generations - they are also intermixed to the extent that they do not practice any indian culture nor hold the characteristics of indian people do they ? ...the only thing in common is a brownish look and a straight nose , unlike say malay or polynesian people ?

in 1987 whne there wa a coup in Fiji and indians were seemingly threatened, Rajiv Gandhi who was then PMwarned that india would not sit idly by and watch negative things happen to our people - his statements had an effect

no problem - but what happens after the :basanti:: dance bedtime: ?
sorry but you talk nonsense, romas are definitely not 7-8% indian. and where im from most look like indians, in spain maybe many look blonde but where im from not one single one. there is a difference between west and east european roma with west european roma being closer to europeans and east european roma closer to indians. most romas are visibly indian biologically, and only very few are european.

Soul83

i agree. i think it is time that india accepts romani people as indian.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles