Votes: 5 7.1%
  • rpraveenkum

Votes: 16 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009

DFI Member of October 2009

Welcome fellow members,

Continuing with the grand tradition we are proud to present the DFI member of October 2009.
All members are encouraged to show their support and vote for the nominee they feel is deserving for the title of member of the month.
I know you are all wondering who to vote for since i'm not on the list but don't worry as all the nominees selected are excellent posters who have contributed immensely to the growth of the forum.

The Poll will start on the 1st of October and will end on 11th October 12:00AM (IST{+5:30 GMT}) after which the member with the most votes will be named as 'Member of the Month'.

Incentives to being MotM

1) MotM is consulted by the staff members on important issues and works closely with the DFI team (the buzz team - rage, pintu, daredevil, and sohamsri).
2) MotM will play a bigger role in running of the affairs of the forum for the period the member remains the motm, where her/his ideas will be applied in the functioning of the forum, and will help in the general moderation of the forum in close collaboration with the moderation team.
3) A thread dedicated for our MotM to be started this time where the reining MotM lists up his achievements and contributions to the forum and his over all experience.
4) MotM will get to contest in the "member of the year", where the winner will get to be a section moderator.
5) MotM's user handle color to be changed to bottle green.
6) MotM will be termed as a “DFI roaring tiger” for the specified month and will be in a category of her/his own just as we have DFI starts, DFI members, etc.

All the nominees can inform the members why they should be made the MotM and members are encouraged to write in favor of the nominees they think are best suited for being MotM

Meet our nominees:

Badguy2000:

Badguy2000's Profile:Defence Forum Of India | DFI | - View Profile: badguy2000
(Badguy2000 is our first foreign national to be nominated for the position of MotM, a proud moment for DFI !!)

brahmos:

brahmos's profile:Defence Forum Of India | DFI | - View Profile: bhramos

F-14:

F-14's profile:Defence Forum Of India | DFI | - View Profile: F-14

NSG Blackcats

NSG_Blackcat's profile:Defence Forum Of India | DFI | - View Profile: NSG_Blackcats
NSG's priority areas of work:http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/74890-post21.html

Payeng:

Payeng's profile:Defence Forum Of India | DFI | - View Profile: Payeng

rpraveenkum:

rpraveenkum's profile:Defence Forum Of India | DFI | - View Profile: rpraveenkum
rpraveenkum's priority areas of work:http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/75100-post32.html

All of the above nominees have consistently made excellent contribution to the forum and the members should vote for who they consider to be their favourite and deserving of being member of the month.
After becoming member of the month the winner will
take an increased role in the running of DFI.

Here is the schedule of the MotM:

2 days (2days): time to compile suggestions to fine tune the functioning of the forum, and suggest activities the MotM will be herself/himself interested to do (exclusive to MotM, with her/him being the sole authority on the matter after the approval from the concerned DFI moderator)
3-5 days (3days): time to implement the suggestions put forth, in coordination with the concerned DFI moderator.
6-10 days (5days): MoTM does an activity of his choice where in he gets in mass participation.
11-19 days (4 days): Moderate forum discussions/debates in general.
20-30 days (9 days): Conduct the MotM contest
23-31 days (9days): Moderate a soon to be started contest which will be announced in due course of time.
31st day : MotM to create a post highlighting her/his experience as a MoTM, the value addition he has done to the forum, which will be posted in a thread to be dedicated to the MoTMs where only the post of MoTM will be allowed.

Members are reminded that they can change their votes if they wish to do so.
All they have to do is PM the mods and announce their previous vote cast and to whom they wish to change to.

Keep in mind:
After being a nominee the member will be unable to contest the election for a period of 2 months so to give other members a chance and the elected MotM can not be a nominee for a period of 1year since such an election.
After the completion of 1 year a Member Of the Year, will be held who's winner will get an honor to be a DFI section moderator, in which all the existing DFI MotMs will contest.

Good Luck to all the nominees and let the race begin!!:icon_salut:

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
I want to thank DFI management for nominating me to take part in MotM polling. I have joined DFI on July 2009. So I am surprised when I get nominated to join the race for MotM within 3 months. Now I am excited to know how I am contributing as a member of DFI. This polling will reflect my contribution to DFI as an ordinary member. Wishing Best of Luck to all the nominated members. I will make a vote appeal presentation later as I am busy with some personal work.
Regards

Pintu

This is simply a proud moment for Defence Forum of India, it has really created an example in the world of forums to nominate a person of foreign origin to the Hon'ble Post of 'Member of the Month' for October, kudos to everybody. Wishing very best to all the nominees.

Regards

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
I am extremly happy and humbled that the IDF admi and members had the faith To nominate me for the DFI member of October i here by solmly declare my Intention to discharge the Duties if chosen in the most Unbaised way

regards

F-14

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
Thanks for DFI to select me for Motm. I dont expect this, since I was only 4 months old to this fourm. Once again thanks for everybody who are voting & Who are not

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Thanks for DFI to select me for Motm. I dont expect this, since I was only 4 months old to this fourm. Once again thanks for everybody who are voting & Who are not
Selected already ?:lol:

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
How to encourage for Vote

enlightened1

Member of The Month JANUARY 2010
Congrats to all nominees for their nominations. I have already put in my vote...may the best win.

bhramos

Country flag
Thanks to the Dear Administrator and My Dear DFI Staff for Nominating me.
i would always be a fellow staff for you and guide my fellow members in right way,
as i am a defence enthusiast and member in IDF with almost 5000 posts approx, and 3yrs of experience in IDF and following defence articles, i would do my best to this forum,
Thanks for nominating me.
last but not least, i'm unemployed with B.Tech [IBT] degree, and stick to net almost all the day, be in your service.
Regards
Bhramos.

NSG and Praveen are neck and neck !!!!

Good job guys

What's this??
Only 17 replies?No death threats? no allegations of bribery? nobody disappearing ?
:p

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
What's this??
Only 17 replies?No death threats? no allegations of bribery? nobody disappearing ?
:p
This time all straight people are contesting the polls unlike last time.:rofl: ::tongue0020:

^^:eek: Accusing DFI Motm nominees of having questionable preferences!!
Sir you should be banned for that!!!:(:)p

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles