Defexpo 2018

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
He says Mk I is 62 Ton and MK2 is 68 tons
That was the widely known original weight.

I was wondering about the "new weight" after the reductions.
@sayareakd had said the weight was reduced by 3 tons last year itself!

The one at Defexpo didn't seem to have any (visible) redesigns though...

Kalki_2018

Country flag
Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
@abingdonboy
@Chinmoy
@sayareakd

SLS-1.jpg

Well it seems that this ship launch system is part of the upcoming indian floating test range, will host both offensive and defensive articles !!!

the damn though never occurred to me.

Together with the 2 under-construction Missile range instrumentation ships and other telemetry support ship's it will provide the sea/ocean element of testing range facilities for BMD , MIRV , long range cruise missile etc testing , user trials.......

Surprisingly nobody seems to have caught on to this info. Strange huh.

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
View attachment 24524

Prachand anti tank influence mine with active , passive and anti disturbance tilt sensor.

Can also be remotely deactivated or deactivated via presettable self neutralization settings.

Pic credit delhidefencereview.com
Had talk with guys their, its smart mine........................... lets keep them smart :biggrin2:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@abingdonboy
@Chinmoy
@sayareakd

View attachment 24517

Well it seems that this ship launch system is part of the upcoming indian floating test range, will host both offensive and defensive articles !!!

the damn though never occurred to me.

Together with the 2 under-construction Missile range instrumentation ships and other telemetry support ship's it will provide the sea/ocean element of testing range facilities for BMD , MIRV , long range cruise missile etc testing , user trials.......

Surprisingly nobody seems to have caught on to this info. Strange huh.
completely missed it......................................:crying::crying::crying::crying:

porky_kicker

Country flag
This is of great interest to me for border area

This system is not fool proof , only good against civilian grade drones as it jams the RF links. ( Basically it is a SOFT KILL SYSTEM )

not good enough against military grade tactical drones whose RF control signals when jammed will get it to switch on its autonomous guidance mode using pre-programmed way points etc .

Best anti drone system is one which employs HPM to destroy/fry the electronic/electrical components of the drone itself. Then even autonomous guidance will not help the drone as the drone itself is destroyed. ( Basically it is a HARD KILL SYSTEM )

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pandora Questions to be asked during Defexpo 2018 Defence & Strategy 11
ezsasa DEFEXPO-2022 Defence & Strategy 1248
H Defexpo 2020 Defence & Strategy 655
cobra commando Defexpo India 2016 Defence & Strategy 215