Chinese plan to kill drug dealer w/ drone highlights military advances

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
Chinese plan to kill drug dealer with drone highlights military advances

BEIJING: China considered using a drone strike in a mountainous region of Southeast Asia to kill a Myanmar drug lord wanted in the killings of 13 Chinese sailors, but decided instead to capture him alive, according to an influential state-run newspaper.

The plan to use a drone, described to the Global Times newspaper by a senior public security official, highlights China's increasing capacity in unmanned aerial warfare, a technology dominated by the United States and used widely by the Obama administration for the targeted killing of terrorists.

Liu Yuejin, the director of the public security ministry's antidrug bureau, told the newspaper that the plan called for using a drone carrying explosives to bomb the outlaw's hide-out in the opium-growing area of Myanmar in the Golden Triangle at the intersection of Laos, Thailand and Vietnam.

China's law enforcement officials were under pressure from an outraged public to take action after 13 Chinese sailors on two cargo ships laden with narcotics were killed in October 2011 on the Mekong River. Photos of the dead sailors, their bodies gagged and blindfolded and some with head wounds suggesting execution-style killings, circulated on China's Internet.

It was one of the most brutal assaults on Chinese citizens abroad in recent years. Naw Kham, a member of Myanmar's ethnic Shan minority and a major drug trafficker, was suspected in the killings.

A manhunt by the Chinese police in the jungles of the Golden Triangle produced no results, and security officials turned to a drone strike as a possible solution.

China's global navigation system, Beidou, would have been used to guide the drones to the target, Mr. Liu said. China's goal is for the Beidou system to compete with the United States' Global Positioning System, Russia's Glonass and the European Union's Galileo, Chinese experts say.

Mr. Liu's comments on the use of the Beidou system with the drones reflects the rapid advancement in that navigation system from its humble beginnings more than a decade ago.

The experimental navigation system was started in 2000 and has since expanded to 16 navigation satellites over Asia and the Pacific Ocean, according to an article in Wednesday's China Daily, an English-language state-run newspaper. The Chinese military, particularly the navy, is now conducting patrols and training exercises using Beidou, the newspaper said.

As an example, China Daily quoted the information chief at the headquarters of the North Sea Fleet, Lei Xiwei, saying a fleet with the missile destroyer Qingdao, along with the missile frigates Yantai and Yancheng, entered the South China Sea on Feb. 1 using the Beidou navigation system to provide positioning, security and protection for the fleet.

As China has been vastly improving its navigation system, it is also making fast progress with drones, and many manufacturers for the Chinese military have research centers devoted to unmanned aerial vehicles, according to a report last year by the Defense Science Board of the Pentagon.

Two Chinese drones, apparently modeled on the American Reaper and Predator unmanned aerial vehicles, were unveiled at the Zhuhai air show in November. A larger drone that Western experts say is akin to the American RQ-4 Global Hawk is also known to be in the Chinese arsenal.

One of the Chinese drones, the CH-4, had a range of about 2,200 miles and was ideal for surveillance missions over islands in the East China Sea that are the subject of a dispute between China and Japan, an official with the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation said at the Zhuhai air show.

China has acknowledged a pilot program that uses drones as part of its stepped-up surveillance of its coastal areas, as well as in the South China Sea and the East China Sea.

By 2015, the State Oceanic Administration has said it plans to use drones along China's coastline on a permanent basis and would establish monitoring bases in provinces along the coastline for drones.

As for Naw Kham, the fugitive, he was captured by Lao authorities at the Mekong River port of Mong Mo after a six-month hunt in the jungles of the Golden Triangle by the combined police forces of China, Myanmar, Thailand and Laos. After his extradition to China, Naw Kham received a death sentence from a Chinese court in Yunnan Province and awaits execution, according to Chinese press reports.

"We didn't use China's military, and we didn't harm a single foreign citizen," Mr. Liu bragged after the arrest in April 2012.

Bree Feng contributed reporting.

Last edited:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Re: Chinese plan to kill drug dealer with drone highlights military ad

How does a mere plan to kill drug dealer with drone highlights military advance?. It only highlights the empty rhetoric that CCP is used to.

Capabilities will come to fore when you actually use it and demonstrate the power.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

hahaha... whatever. Chinese drones can't operate in those altitudes. They are just making up a story to sound relavent to the drone debate.

satish007

@cinoti, your butt may be very hurt in jail , you should surfing here even in jail. badguy2000 has post we have all known Chinese thought twice and decide to use CHinese kongfu.

Last edited by a moderator:

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

@cinoti, your butt may be very hurt in jail , you should surfing here even in jail. badguy2000 has post we have all known Chinese thought twice and decide to use CHinese kongfu.
You know what, you should introduce more Chinese people to this forum, it is a win win, it brings more visit to Singh and educate our young generations with India.
I read an article by a college students who recently finished a tour in India during the winter vacation, one of her interesting observation is: India has turn into China's biggest patriotism education base. Anybody will kiss motherland soil as soon as he/she lands on China back from India.

Last edited by a moderator:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

We have also planned to kill same guy with advance nuke, but decided against it as China has pleaded not to use the nukes and instead has offered to capture him and not to sleep with Pakistan. So we allowed China to go ahead and capture that guy. World is now much better place, then before.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

You know what, you should introduce more Chinese people to this forum, it is a win win, it brings more visit to Singh and educate our young generations with India.
I read an article by a college students who recently finished a tour in India during the winter vacation, one of her interesting observation is: India has turn into China's biggest patriotism education base. Anybody will kiss motherland soil as soon as he/she lands on China back from India.
Before introducing more Chinese people they would need to learn proper English.... or else Indian members would be having hard time understanding what they are saying... same happens when I read your posts.

On topic.... oh cool idea... Drones for Drugsters......post it again when it actually works.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

Before introducing more Chinese people they would need to learn proper English.... or else Indian members would be having hard time understanding what they are saying... same happens when I read your posts.

On topic.... oh cool idea... Drones for Drugsters......post it again when it actually works.
The original post is a quote directly from Times of India, if you failed to understand your own Indian style English, blame on your Minister of Education.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

The original post is a quote directly from Times of India, if you failed to understand your own Indian style English, blame on your Minister of Education.
As I said your English is pathetic....sheesh.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

By the way, it does not need a foreign language ( foreign to both of Chini and Hindi if I may) to understand India. India has every thing laid out there to be understood. With a comparison. we know India.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

As I said your English is pathetic....sheesh.
Oh, K.B took out my edit rights again, if he give it back to me, I may be able to polish the wording a little bit after I posted them out.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I think he is commenting on your English and not on Times of India's news report.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

By the way, it does not need a foreign language ( foreign to both of Chini and Hindi if I may) to understand India. India has every thing laid out there to be understood. With a comparison. we know India.
How charming.

so, you are an old India hand/! ;) :rofl:

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

How charming.

so, you are an old India hand/! ;) :rofl:
No, I am not, I used to have a positive impression on an equally ancient civilization, but with deeper communication, that pink image just vanishes. The more I talk with the English spoken Indians, the more I feel I am just talking with a group of broken Brits in east London or poor red necks who never left his farm in midwest.

You are educated to be de-rooted. if it is hard for you to chew on the real meaning, you can meditate a while and come back to read my comments again. It is a curse for you to be born in India but think as a Brit.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

No, I am not, I used to have a positive impression on an equally ancient civilization, but with deeper communication, that pink image just vanishes. The more I talk with the English spoken Indians, the more I feel I am just talking with a group of broken Brits in east London or poor red necks who never left his farm in midwest.

You are educated to be de-rooted. if it is hard for you to chew on the real meaning, you can meditate a while and come back to read my comments again. It is a curse for you to be born in India but think as a Brit.
Civilisations may be ancient and laudable, but modernity, globalisation etc blurs civilisation with misplaced ambition and people change.

You make a mistake in equating the modern Indian with the East London Asian population who went there for economic reasons.

Neither are they rednecks. Most out here are rather well educated and suitably employed. But then, jingoism is not the sole preserve of any race.

I am an Indian and I think like an Indian. And I am proud to be an Indian.

It is just that I am groomed by the family, school and profession to look at life in a broader aspect.

Likewise is my insight in to China. It is a fascinating place. I am overwhelmed by the ancient China and the way they have ensured that all think of themselves as One with one culture and now, even one language. It is a very difficult thing to achieve, but China achieved it.

Yet, it pains to see that because of modernisation of Deng and the desire for affluence, some regions are getting individualistic and think that they alone are the flag bearers of China and are bringing in differences in a subtle manner.

In fact, just today, I met a friend whose family is from South East China. She has just visited her distant relatives in China. She was most disparaging about Northern Chinese. It is obvious that she was 'educated' by her relatives!

Yet, it is remarkable how the CCP is allowing a wee bit of fresh air, but are not allowing people to die with an overdose of pure oxygen!

China is indeed a great nation. The only issue is that they are getting over ambitious with their pursuit in their quest for hegemonic supremacy and that is what spooks all.

Last edited:

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

Civilisations may be ancient and laudable, but modernity, globalisation etc blurs civilisation with misplaced ambition and people change.

You make a mistake in equating the modern Indian with the East London Asian population who went there for economic reasons.

Neither are they rednecks. Most out here are rather well educated and suitably employed. But then, jingoism is not the sole preserve of any race.

It is just that I am groomed by the family, school and profession to look at life in a broader aspect.

Likewise is my insight in to China. It is a fascinating place. I am overwhelmed by the ancient China and the way they have ensured that all think of themselves as One with one culture and now, even one language. It is a very difficult thing to achieve, but China achieved it.

Yet, it pains to see that because of modernisation of Deng and the desire for affluence, some regions are getting individualistic and think that they alone are the flag bearers of China and are bringing in differences in a subtle manner.

In fact, just today, I met a friend whose family is from South East China. She has just visited her distant relatives in China. She was most disparaging about Northern Chinese. It is obvious that she was 'educated' by her relatives!

Yet, it is remarkable how the CCP is allowing a wee bit of fresh air, but are not allowing people to die with an overdose of pure oxygen!

China is indeed a great nation. The only issue is that they are getting over ambitious with their pursuit in their quest for hegemonic supremacy and that is what spooks all.
wow so long? what are you doing for real life? are you one of the stay home "freedom fighters" who dictates your grandson to type in this kind of cold war propaganda against China?

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

by the way, how can you think as an Indian in English? hehehehehehe.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

wow so long? what are you doing for real life? are you one of the stay home "freedom fighters" who dictates your grandson to type in this kind of cold war propaganda against China?
No.

I real life I was merely playing golf.

One does not have to teach any propaganda against China. Their stupidity to overcome the world is enough to tell all what idiocy prevails in the Chinese mind.

Tell me which nation is comfortable with China?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

by the way, how can you think as an Indian in English? hehehehehehe.
Does it require an explanation?

A jenny ass would know and so I take it you would!

I am not a dentist, so you would do well not to expose your teeth with all the heeheees.

Try Colgate or Pepsodent!

They might work for your teeth!

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

No.

I real life I was merely playing golf.

One does not have to teach any propaganda against China. Their stupidity to overcome the world is enough to tell all what idiocy prevails in the Chinese mind.

Tell me which nation is comfortable with China?

Good to know you think this way. and keep on thinking in this way.
As I said, India has turned itself into an Education Base of China, by comparison of India, we teach our young patriotism. Any field trip in India will bring back a clearer knowledge of your so called freedom and democracy. Maybe your hatred or blind arrogance is a plus to deepen this the understanding of your people and your country.

I can give you a long list of China's friendly nation, but since it is too long, how about all your neighbors? let's skip Pakistan, start with Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldive, Nepal, Bhutan and Myanmar, why they dislike you but are quite comfortable with China? think....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles