Chinese Dissident Wins Nobel Peace Prize

nimo_cn

Country flag
This is what china does to someone who has a thinking against CCP rule, CRUCIFY PEOPLE. Tell me one thing what was his mistake that he has been jailed for so long ? was he into armed rebellion or into terrorists activities? thinking about a China with more people rights is not a crime that you should be jailed for that.
History is written by people, common people like me, not by CCP. Do you really believe a extremist who shouted out "China should be colonized for 300 years" will be appreciated by Chinese people?

Had holy Gandhi said anything similar to India?

That alone proves this man is a liar and hypocrite, who does not care about people's right at all. And what you said just proved you are blind-minded.

nimo_cn

Country flag
I asked question to both Badguy and Nimo_cn that what has he done to deserve a Jail term for so long. None has answered the question. Looks like they are not having information about heinous crimes comitted by Liu Xiabao. :thinking:
11 years can barely termed as a punishment for a people who preachs colonialism in China.

What punishment will an Indian get if he advocates for the idea of British ruling India for another 300 years?

SHASH2K2

History is written by people, common people like me, not by CCP. Do you really believe a extremist who shouted out "China should be colonized for 300 years" will be appreciated by Chinese people?

Had holy Gandhi said anything similar to India?

That alone proves this man is a liar and hypocrite, who does not care about people's right at all. And what you said just proved you are blind-minded.

Question still remains same. Is it a crime or worth putting someone to rot in jail. This clearly shows that there is no freedom of expression in China . case was same in British rule so CCP and Britishers are same. Anyone who support CCP oppression will definitely call a Liu as a traitor but truth is that he is just a freedom fighter fighting for his freedom of expression.

nimo_cn

Country flag
This is what china does to someone who has a thinking against CCP rule, CRUCIFY PEOPLE. Tell me one thing what was his mistake that he has been jailed for so long ? was he into armed rebellion or into terrorists activities? thinking about a China with more people rights is not a crime that you should be jailed for that.
I call him a traitor for his attempt for colonialism. What he said and what he did shows he can do no good Chinese people and China, that is why you are supporting this guy, isn't it? Anything bad to China is good to India.

SHASH2K2

11 years can barely termed as a punishment for a people who preachs colonialism in China.

What punishment will an Indian get if he advocates for the idea of British ruling India for another 300 years?
You forget a basic fact that in India we have freedom of speech . We can have democracy here . Its not China . People here will not be Jailed just for Idea of supporting some finer points of British rule. Offcourse there are many bad thing about British rule in India but there are some pros as well and there is no harm in supporting some of merits of the any rule be it western or eastern.

SHASH2K2

I call him a traitor for his attempt for colonialism. What he said and what he did shows he can do no good Chinese people and China, that is why you are supporting this guy, isn't it? Anything bad to China is good to India.
If I am right then he was mainly fighting for giving some more rights for people of China . That too within the constitution of CCP . Is it supporting colonialism?

nimo_cn

Country flag
Question still remains same. Is it a crime or worth putting someone to rot in jail. This clearly shows that there is no freedom of expression in China . case was same in British rule so CCP and Britishers are same. Anyone who support CCP oppression will definitely call a Liu as a traitor but truth is that he is just a freedom fighter fighting for his freedom of expression.
You call a people who trys to spread colonialism in China a freedom fighter? That is the kind of freedom fighter needed in India, not in China. Are there freedom of spreading colonialism ideas in India? If yes, show me.

I have answered your question this man need to be punished for attempting to bring colonialism into China.

SHASH2K2

You call a people who trys to spread colonialism in China a freedom fighter? That is the kind of freedom fighter needed in India, not in China. Are there freedom of spreading colonialism ideas in India? If yes, show me.

I have answered your question this man need to be punished for attempting to bring colonialism into China.
If you have any instance of People being Jailed in India just for supporting a particular political Idea then please point me to that direction. Just to let you know that we have left parties and for them China is still one of best behaved country in entire world. In democracy ultimate power lies with people. let them decide.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Lol. British Rule evidently has been better than CCP rule, in context of China. Hong Kong is the golden example. Till 1997, Hong Kong's citizens enjoyed far greater freedoms, as well as economic progress higher than the Mainland. So that should quash the bullshit notion propagated by CCP that freedom comes at the expense of progress.

:emot15:

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Lol. British Rule evidently has been better than CCP rule, in context of China. Hong Kong is the golden example. Till 1997, Hong Kong's citizens enjoyed far greater freedoms, as well as economic progress higher than the Mainland. So that should quash the bullshit notion propagated by CCP that freedom comes at the expense of progress.

British certainly ruled India better than Indian, maybe it is high time to invite them back.

nimo_cn

Country flag

And what freedom did HK people enjoy?

Do you happen to know any non-Bristish HK administrator before 1997?

You call that freedom?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
British certainly ruled India better than Indian, maybe it is high time to invite them back.
No, they didn't rule India better than the Indians, they didn't address poverty better than Government of India is doing, and India's cumulative wealth went down under them. We're already free, and we're already on a credible growth model.

On the other hand, Hong Kong's cumulative wealth went up under the British, they maintained democratic institutions well, and sustained both higher freedoms and economic growth than PRC, for as long as they governed HK. This is why I specifically mentioned "in context of China".

The central point of my argument is that China can have both economic progress and greater freedoms at the same time, the Hong Kong model proves that.

nimo_cn

Country flag
You forget a basic fact that in India we have freedom of speech . We can have democracy here . Its not China . People here will not be Jailed just for Idea of supporting some finer points of British rule. Offcourse there are many bad thing about British rule in India but there are some pros as well and there is no harm in supporting some of merits of the any rule be it western or eastern.
Does that mean to some degree you do go for the idea of British ruling India for another 300 years?

Since peole will not be Jailed just for Idea of supporting some finer points of British rule, does not mean i won't be punished for spreading the idea of inviting British back to India?

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Guys we're being really immature here, how you would like it if Arundhati Roy gets the next Nobel peace prize?

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Arundhati Roy has not been in Jail even for a single day to voice her opinion.
Funny you should mention it, she's spent exactly a single day in jail :happy_2:, from wiki:
In 2002, Roy responded to a contempt notice issued against her by the Indian Supreme Court with an affidavit saying the court's decision to initiate the contempt proceedings based on an unsubstantiated and flawed petition, while refusing to inquire into allegations of corruption in military contracting deals pleading an overload of cases, indicated a "disquieting inclination" by the court to silence criticism and dissent using the power of contempt.[24] The court found Roy's statement, which she refused to disavow or apologize for, constituted criminal contempt and sentenced her to a "symbolic" one day's imprisonment and fined Roy Rs. 2500.[25] Roy served the jail sentence for a single day and opted to pay the fine rather than serve an additional three months' imprisonment for default.[26]
We know she's a moron, but what if the West goes against us and props her up? Western media would be blabbering all about Kashmir, Maoists etc

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
And what freedom did HK people enjoy?

Do you happen to know any non-Bristish HK administrator before 1997?

You call that freedom?
You know that the average citizen of Hong Kong enjoyed a higher-degree of freedoms, the Governor General is a just an executive post (the GG acts on the recommendation of the legislature he controls, and HK had its own legislature and electoral college) and below that, a vast majority of the administration was ethnic Chinese. Close to every state institution was just as democratic as mainland Britain.

And yes, there was freedom. If the people didn't like their legislature, they'd just vote them out and elect a more deserving candidate. You could show dissidence without the fear of losing your freedoms.

The more important product of the pre-1997 Hong Kong regime was that it proved that since Chinese are civilizationally a very innovative, inventive, and entrepreneurial race, when given freedom, the intellectuals and entrepreneurs (driving the private sector) truly blossom, and that drives the economy faster than in a system in which there's a bloated state, crippled freedoms, where liberal arts are taught and practiced close to null, and where innovation is restricted to imitation or reverse-engineering. Your civilization gave mankind a lot of important things, but it was because even in an imperial China, people enjoyed a higher-degree intellectual and artistic freedom than they do now.

SHASH2K2

Funny you should mention it, she's spent exactly a single day in jail :happy_2:, from wiki:

We know she's a moron, but what if the West goes against us and props her up? Western media would be blabbering all about Kashmir, Maoists etc
1 day Vs 11 yrs and still going on. I know awards are biased but this time they are fighting for something good .At least its better than Obama .

badguy2000

Respected Member
I asked question to both Badguy and Nimo_cn that what has he done to deserve a Jail term for so long. None has answered the question. Looks like they are not having information about heinous crimes comitted by Liu Xiabao. :thinking:
Frankly speaking, I care more about the right state policy than the fate of Liu, because wrong policy advocated by Liu may influcence the fate of 1.4 billion CHinese while jail for Liu just influence the fate of Liu.

So ,If jail of Liu is to get in the way of wrong policy, I would support such a jail of Liu.

badguy2000

Respected Member
If you have any instance of People being Jailed in India just for supporting a particular political Idea then please point me to that direction. Just to let you know that we have left parties and for them China is still one of best behaved country in entire world. In democracy ultimate power lies with people. let them decide.
well,jails for political ideas in fact does exist in CHina and I think also it should exist natureally. It is not necessary to deny it at all,because it is not wrong at all ot put those wrong-idea holders into prisons.

But I also want to point out that jail for political ideas not only exist China, but aslo exist all over the world including India and west . not only exist in the past, but aslo today and in furture.

do you know how many guys are arrested or fired for "political rightness" in west ?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles