Chinese colonel says latest bird flu virus is U.S. biological weapon

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Re: Chinese colonel says latest bird flu virus is U.S. biological weap

Chinese Colonel Calls H7N9 Bird Flu An American 'Bio-Psychological Weapon'

Cases of the H7N9 avian flu in China have garnered a lot of attention on the nation's Twitter-like microblogging platform, Weibo. While official profiles on Weibo have been posting updates on the condition of those affected and on preventive measures, one senior military officer has sparked online outrage with comments suggesting the flu is an American conspiracy.

People's Liberation Army Colonel Dai Xu posted comments on his Weibo account blaming the U.S. for purposely creating hysteria about not only the spread of the bird flu but also the SARS pandemic of 10 years ago.

W.G.Ewald

Professional

Chinese army colonel says avian flu is an American plot against China

Colonel Dai Xu of the People's Liberation Army wrote online that the new strain of bird flu hitting China, known as H7N9, is an American "bio-psychological weapon" meant to destabilize China. The rant, posted to Dai's account on the Twitter-like service Weibo, had already been shared by more than 30,000 fellow users by the time that the South China Morning Post reported it on Monday. Dai now has a quarter million followers on Weibo, which is quite a platform.

In general, Chinese Web users appear to have rejected Dai's argument. In response to the criticism, though, he's only dug in. "It is common knowledge that a group of people in China have been injected with mental toxin by the U.S.," he wrote at one point. "I will not retreat even half a step." He urged Chinese officials to ignore the virus's apparent spread and argued that the disastrous 2003 SARS outbreak was also an American plot.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Interesting!

It is also said that the US undertook biological warfare against Castro's Cuba many a time too!

So, it is a biological warfare that is on?

Not impossible, but would the US take such a risk against China, which is its largest trading partner as the Chinese posters never fail to remind whenever the issue of military engagement is suggested?

One word from the Chinese Govt, as we are told, the US economy would collapse like a pack of cards!

If Dai feels so, then it is Hai Hai!

Not Bali Ha'i!

Bali Ha'i may call you,
Any night, any day,
In your heart, you'll hear it call you:
"Come away...Come away."

Bali Ha'i will whisper
On the wind of the sea:
"Here am I, your special island!
Come to me, come to me!"

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Professional

China Speak: China Dream, iPads & a Bird Flu Conspiracy - Economic Observer Online - In-depth and Independent

Quotes from around China this week

"As for this recent bird flu fad, China's top government departments shouldn't talk it up, otherwise it will be just like SARS in 2003! At the time, the U.S. was fighting Iraq and feared China might take advantage of the situation, so it deployed a bio-psychological weapon against China. The country was thrown into turmoil, just as the U.S. had hoped. Now, the U.S. is trying the same old trick. China should take a lesson from before and respond calmly."
- Dai Xu, a Chinese Air Force colonel on his Weibo account. Wall Street Journal

"It's very clear [to China]: If this is a buffer state, what is it good for?"
-Kurt Campbell, the State Department's top Asia official until last month, regarding North Korea's increasingly erratic behavior. Foreign Policy

"I have a dream that one day I will be able to breathe fresh air, drink clean water and eat vegetables that aren't poisoned. But these are biological necessities and they are also the most basic rights of humans; if we have to 'dream' about having these things then talking about a China Dream is just a joke."
- Pan Caifu, a popular blogger, on his Weibo account. The Financial Times

"If we were imagining how a terrible pandemic would unfold, this could certainly serve as an excellent script."
- Laurie Garrett, the Senior Fellow of the Global Health Program at the Council on Foreign Relations. Foreign Policy

"Twitter, Facebook and iPads are the blue jeans of modern China and that is one reason the Party has completely blocked the first two and may be planning an assault on the third."
-Jamil Anderlini, Beijing bureau chief for the Financial Times. The National Post.

"We really can't rely on information from other viruses. H7N9 is a new virus in humans and the pattern that it follows cannot be predicted by the patterns that we have from other influenza viruses."
- Michael O'Leary, the World Health Organization's representative to China. Al Jazeera.

Impluseblade

What's wrong here? Can't an individual express his thoughts? Although he is a high ranking officer in the army, he doens't represent the government or others.

Interesting!

It is also said that the US undertook biological warfare against Castro's Cuba many a time too!

Not impossible, but would the US take such a risk against China, which is its largest trading partner as the Chinese posters never fail to remind whenever the issue of military engagement is suggested?

One word from the Chinese Govt, as we are told, the US economy would collapse like a pack of cards!

Not Bali Ha'i!

Bali Ha'i may call you,
Any night, any day,
"Come away...Come away."

Bali Ha'i will whisper
On the wind of the sea:
Come to me, come to me!"

dhananjay1

It's more likely that the man was paid by US to babble to make Chinese army men look stupid. :Lol:

U Sun Dar

How it possible....?

drkrn

Interesting!

Not Bali Ha'i!

Bali Ha'i may call you,
Any night, any day,
"Come away...Come away."

Bali Ha'i will whisper
On the wind of the sea:
Come to me, come to me!"
biological weapons using virus is risky move.that too with avian virus...
these birds will move across boundaries bringing every nation down eventually mother country too

these flu viruses are known to get integrated with human flu viruses fast. that's great risk

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

What's wrong here? Can't an individual express his thoughts? Although he is a high ranking officer in the army, he doens't represent the government or others.
Of course he can and why not?

That the US has undertaken biological attacks on Cuba elsewhere, it has been alleged many a time.

I have written a professional paper on that subject that was published and so I would know something about it.

What I find is interesting is that if indeed the US undertook avian flu for a biological attack/ intimidation, what are the precautions they have taken to ensure that this biological strain do not infect birds of the migratory types, which can thereby also infect the US and its allies.

Would you not think that the US is daft to launch a avian flu biological attack that could infect them too?

Further, no statement that can upset China's relationship with foreign country can be given by ranking individuals without the approval of the CCP and the Chinese Govt.

The CCP and the Chinese Govt have stability and harmony as their pillar. It applies to both internal and external situations. It is only if the CCP and the Chinese Govt feels that statements that can cause turbulence to 'send a message', can such statements be given by so called 'independent' sources!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

biological weapons using virus is risky move.that too with avian virus...
these birds will move across boundaries bringing every nation down eventually mother country too

these flu viruses are known to get integrated with human flu viruses fast. that's great risk
My post was like a Chinese official statement.

Loaded and requires deep digging to get to the reality of the message being delivered.:rofl:

huaxia rox

looks like a chinese version of WMD in iraq.

the question is what is PLA doing if they (or a member of them) think this is what is going on in prcs territory while the us can topple iraqi power and win the war back then??

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

looks like a chinese version of WMD in iraq.

the question is what is PLA doing if they (or a member of them) think this is what is going on in prcs territory while the us can topple iraqi power and win the war back then??
You maybe right, but then as a neutral observer I am forced to wonder as to why it is China that is being affected initially by SARS, Avian Flu and then again another strain of Avian flu!

Why is it that China alone is the one that get it and others get it later, if indeed they get it?!

huaxia rox

i guess that may be because chinese now consume too much meat food and when dealing with chichens etc you probably got these kinds of things.

back to 20 years ago when chinese life expentancy was not above many poor african nations and some of the chinese didnt have enough to eat you did not get these.

i am not a doctor so thats just my unprofessional and neutral obervastion and guess.

huaxia rox

double post

self deleted

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

You maybe right, but then as a neutral observer I am forced to wonder as to why it is China that is being affected initially by SARS, Avian Flu and then again another strain of Avian flu!

Why is it that China alone is the one that get it and others get it later, if indeed they get it?!
May be US got frustrated by non-stop hacking done by Chinese and want to pay back in other dimension.:hmm:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

What really intrigues me and I find it too much of a coincidence that China is the first country to have such biological disasters:

1 SARS
2 Avian Flu

And then this coming, one after the other:

3. the Avian Flu new strain.
4. 16,000 dead pigs in Shanghai's Huangpu river, polluting the water supply of the city.
5 250 kgs of dead fish in suburban Shanghai river...
7. 1000 dead duck in a Sichuan river.
5. 5 out of 13 beautiful black swans surfacing dead in a pond at Anhui University.

Coincidence?

One wonders what's up!

W.G.Ewald

Professional

BBC News - US rice imports 'contain harmful levels of lead'

The researchers found the highest levels of lead in rice from China and Taiwan
Analysis of commercially available rice imported into the US has revealed it contains levels of lead far higher than regulations suggest are safe.

Some samples exceeded the "provisional total tolerable intake" (PTTI) set by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) by a factor of 120.

The report at the American Chemical Society Meeting adds to the already well-known issue of arsenic in rice.

The FDA told the BBC it would review the research.

Lead is known to be harmful to many organs and the central nervous system.

It is a particular risk for young children, who suffer significant developmental problems if exposed to elevated lead levels.

Because rice is grown in heavily irrigated conditions, it is more susceptible than other staple crops to environmental pollutants in irrigation water.

Recent studies have highlighted the presence of arsenic in rice - prompting consumption advice from the UK's Food Standards Agency and more recently from the FDA.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skywatcher Chinese Lunar Exploration Program China 0
LETHALFORCE Attacks on Chinese in Pakistan Pakistan 10
Satish Sharma Idiotic musing of Chinese communist party. China 2
skywatcher Chinese Commercial Space News China 46

Global Defence

New threads

Articles