So close your eyes
And dream of it my darling
Till then good bye
Good night sleep tight

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
you tell yourself.

it is not even a regular joke, just a satire story Japanese made up to critize its own government.

About – japanCRUSH
quote:
japanCRUSH finally joins chinaSMACK and koreaBANG to complete the East Asian triangle. Now things will really get interesting. With huge netizen communities that influence popular culture, and fascinating social phenomena, Japan demands attention. So we're giving it attention. And with anonymous commenting systems, the Japanese netizens don't hold back.

From viral videos to political posturing, societal scandals to social network news, japanCRUSH is the place to come for whatever is making waves on the Japanese internet, and to engage with what Japanese netizens are talking about. And who knows, we may even have the odd beauty queen or herbivore man.

We don't select our articles: Japan selects them for us. It may sometimes seem as though the stories are representing a lesser-known side of Japan, and that may make some people uncomfortable. But at japanCRUSH, We also understand that humans, particularly those with access to the internet, are capable of everything from the very very bad to the truly amazing. No matter where they are from.

If it's trending in Japan, you find it at japanCRUSH.

And why 'crush'? You'll see"¦

If you'd like to contribute to japanCRUSH, please get in touch using the form below.
Ok, so it is a satire. Thank goodness - things are not as crazy as I thought!!

ShabiKB

Tihar Jail
Banned
Ok, so it is a satire. Thank goodness - things are not as crazy as I thought!!
I have more. if you need a break from banal world.
Japanese have this Hawaiian complex, if you remember Pearl Harbor, there were more Japanese on these islands than whites, that is why they come up with this story. Hawaii is used to imply China's strong stance in Diaoyu Island.

Last edited:

Impluseblade

There are many Indians in California too, especially in the bay area. What's your point?
There are a lot of Chinese in California.

China has a right over those territories too!

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
There are a lot of Chinese in California.

China has a right over those territories too!
Many of those Chinese are probably descendants of those who came to work on the railroads in the 19th century. So the Irish would have a claim too.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Many of those Chinese are probably descendants of those who came to work on the railroads in the 19th century. So the Irish would have a claim too.
And as cooks and help during the Gold Rush.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There are many Indians in California too, especially in the bay area. What's your point?
The point is territorial claims.

Hawaii is also being 'claimed' on the basis that the Chinese in Hawaiʻi referred to as Pākē, constitute about 4.7% of the state's population, most of whom (75%) have ancestors from Zhongshan in Guangdong.

North West America stopped on their fur trading voyage, returning to China from the northwest coast of America. The ships carried 50 Chinese crewmen, many of them carpenters or smiths. They stayed in Hawai`i during the first three months of 1789 while their ships refueled and sheltered from winter seas. Another 45 Chinese crewmen arrived later in 1789 aboard the Eleanora under Captain Simon Metcalf.

A decade later, Chinese brought the first sugarmill to Hawai`i from China. It was not until 1823, however, that the first Chinese - a trader with a stock of goods to sell - took up permanent residence in Honolulu. By 1840, there were 40 or so foreigners living in Honolulu. Of these, 30 or more were Chinese.

Hawaii's Chinese population took a giant leap when plantation owners recruited Chinese laborers to work in the sugar fields. The first Chinese contract workers arrived in 1852, signed to five-year contracts which earned them three dollars a month plus their passage, room and board. The first workers - 175 from Hong Kong - took up their labors on Maui. Most Chinese coming to Hawai`i came from the depressed Kwangtung and Fukein provinces in southern China. Between 1852 and 1876, 3,908 Chinese were imported. In 1882, Chinese made up nearly 49% of the plantation work force and at one point, Chinese outnumbered whites in the Islands.

Most Chinese plantation workers did not renew their five-year contracts, opting instead to work on smaller private farms or for other Chinese as clerks, as domestics in haole households, or they started their own businesses. By 1882, the Chinese population hovered around 5,000, 20% of Honolulu's population. Numbers of Chinese living on plantations fell while 75% lived and worked in the Honolulu area quickly becoming known as Chinatown.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Impulse,

By the token of Chinese claim on Hawaii, what about the Japanese?

The Japanese in Hawaii known also as, though rarely as Kepanī are the second largest ethnic group in Hawaii. At their height in 1920, they constituted 43% of Hawaii's population.

Therefore, if someone has to claim other than the US, it is Japan and not China! ;)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Most of them are taxi drivers, so what is your point?
That is where you go wrong.

That is the point.

Most are in the silicon valley and quite a few are owners of large fruit farms.

The report said Indians are heavily concentrated in California and New Jersey. Compared to other immigrant groups, the Indian foreign born are much better educated -- nearly three-quarters of Indian-born adults have a bachelor's degree or higher.

About one-quarter of Indian-born men in the labour force work in the information technology industry. Nearly half of all Indian immigrants resided in California, New Jersey, New York, and Texas, it said.
Indians the third largest immigrant group in US
In so far as the Chinese:

The Chinese did not only mine for gold, but took on jobs such as cooks, peddlers, and storekeepers. In the first decade after the discovery of gold, many had taken jobs nobody else wanted or that were considered too dirty.
http://library.thinkquest.org/20619/Chinese.html

Last edited:

winton

The chinese did in fact mine for gold. They did that in Oz as well.

They go where the money is

AprilLyrics

i'm going to conquer America tomorrow and this article gives me a lot of strength.
now lets hope i can do it.

s002wjh

Country flag
oh come on, anyone with a head can see this is just a rumor. anyone really think top official from china will say they want claim hawaii in front clinton. they are not stupid

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles