China aborted 336 million kids

ice berg

Sense of humor is that we are not engaged in human right violations like running tanks on citizens or taking away their rights of life.
True, just mobs killing each other like 2002 Gujarat and of course sex-selected abortions are nonexistent in India. The 2 million indian children who die before the age of 5 because of malnutrition is just a rumour :rolleyes:

Jay Hind!

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
True, just mobs killing each other like 2002 Gujarat and of course sex-selected abortions are nonexistent in India. The 2 million indian children who die before the age of 5 because of malnutrition is just a rumour :rolleyes:

Jay Hind!
You are moving away from topic. Indian state is not engaged in depleting its population by forceful measures like one child policy. We are not facing blunders of aging population. Hence India will have better workforce to deploy.

ice berg

You are moving away from topic. Indian state is not engaged in depleting its population by forceful measures like one child policy. We are not facing blunders of aging population. Hence India will have better workforce to deploy.
See post 17. We are going in circles here. You have huge challenges ahead, just like China. :cool2:

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Sometimes I wonder... As per theists, if all that's good is god's grace, then all that's bad is god enforcing natural selection?

:hmm: :notsure:

Jay Hind!

Last edited:

jamesvaikom

Don't worry, we will get there without human right violations or inane excessive state regulations.

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...may-make-up-25-worlds-workforce-2025-a-5.html
Productive jobs cause more environmental problems than unproductive jobs. High population growth is forcing Govt. to create more unproductive jobs. We are not able to mine natural resources from densely populated areas. Our main export is work force. If more work force is available then demand for work force will reduce. More work force also means high demand for commodities like oil we import. Its difficult to increase production due to protest from environmentalists. But environmental problems are increasing due to increase in consumption of commodities like oil. Our GDP is increasing. But the fact is standard of living of many middle class people are reducing. Govt. is imposing more tax on middle class to help poor people. Our oil consumption is increasing even though oil companies keep on hiking oil price. How long can we tolerate price hikes? Even though Govt. is spending huge money for poor people there is only less improvement in their standard of living because they have large families to feed.

Any way abortion is not solution for population growth. Abortion is killing. Family planning should help reduce unwanted pregnancies, abortion, child mortality, poverty, enviornmental problems etc. and increase life expectancy, percapita income etc.

ice berg

Productive jobs cause more environmental problems than unproductive jobs. High population growth is forcing Govt. to create more unproductive jobs. We are not able to mine natural resources from densely populated areas. Our main export is work force. If more work force is available then demand for work force will reduce. More work force also means high demand for commodities like oil we import. Its difficult to increase production due to protest from environmentalists. But environmental problems are increasing due to increase in consumption of commodities like oil. Our GDP is increasing. But the fact is standard of living of many middle class people are reducing. Govt. is imposing more tax on middle class to help poor people. Our oil consumption is increasing even though oil companies keep on hiking oil price. How long can we tolerate price hikes? Even though Govt. is spending huge money for poor people there is only less improvement in their standard of living because they have large families to feed.

Any way abortion is not solution for population growth. Abortion is killing. Family planning should help reduce unwanted pregnancies, abortion, child mortality, poverty, enviornmental problems etc. and increase life expectancy, percapita income etc.
There have been abortions since the dawn of time. It is not something new. If India couldnt even handle the child mortality, poverty and education issues with current population. What is the chance that she will manage that once she becomes the most populous nation in the world.

I am not very fond of the one child policy either. But it worked, til now at least.

ice berg

Yes we have challenge minus hazards of one child policy.
Shrewed distribution of resources because of over population is just as hazardous as one child policy.

What use is more people if you are unable to provide basic needs for them? Food, water, education, jobs etc.

Basic needs. You are NOWHERE near even with current population.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Shrewed distribution of resources because of over population is just as hazardous as one child policy.

What use is more people if you are unable to provide basic needs for them? Food, water, education, jobs etc.

Basic needs. You are NOWHERE near even with current population.
We are doing better every day. No one defined that you can not grow society without stupid one child policy.

Sent via Tapatalk from a galaxy far far away

nimo_cn

Country flag
We are doing better every day. No one defined that you can not grow society without stupid one child policy.

Sent via Tapatalk from a galaxy far far away
21th century, your children are still starving to death, yet your response is that you are doing better everyday, why dont you save that crap for those who are still suffering?

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Nimo, Ice Berg,

I don't want this topic to turn into India - China stick measurement. I have made my point regarding hazards of one child policy. This forum is full of topics discussing same. Telling you about socio-economic ills in China will be feeding your rants. Population policy can be discussed in relevant thread.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Nimo, Ice Berg,

I don't want this topic to turn into India - China stick measurement. I have made my point regarding hazards of one child policy. This forum is full of topics discussing same. Telling you about socio-economic ills in China will be feeding your rants. Population policy can be discussed in relevant thread.
Indians attempt to make judgement about China, but want to keep India out of the discussion, dont even think about it.

Bringing India into the discussion is a must because it is the only way to find out if Indian posters are qualified to judge.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Indians attempt to make judgement about China, but want to keep India out of the discussion, dont even think about it.

Bringing India into the discussion is a must because it is the only way to find out if Indian posters are qualified to judge.

If at all you are able to relate it to the topic at hand and academic discussion on population policy concerned.

This place is meant to discuss topic, not posters.

nimo_cn

Country flag
If at all you are able to relate it to the topic at hand and academic discussion on population policy concerned.

This place is meant to discuss topic, not posters.
Discussions are being made by posters, then of course posters are part of the discussion.

Indian posters keep painting the horrible pictures about Chinese life. Then I must ask how horrible it could be if being compared to Indians. That is why we must compare.

If Indian posters could just get rid of the judgemental attitude and give some sensible comments, the discussion would be much meaningful. Maybe you can start with knowing why it is wrong to call it one child policy.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
:yawn: Talk with those people over PM.

Back to topic.

huaxia rox

One child policy is curse and China is facing hear with ageing population.

India will be soon waking up largest workforce in the world every morning.
1 if you know the world a bit better you will find an interesting point my indian friend....which is more developed a country is ususally more old people it has....why??? because more money and resources you ve got higher life expectancy you can achive.....can this be more simple??? if a counties life expectancy is as low as india you surely dont have the problem of aging population...

2 what if indians life expentancy gets higher in the future??? simple.....you are faced with a disaster because the aging population problem is something inevitable in a mature society.....more kids you have now more old people you finally got (assuming they dont die young ).....then no end in sight if you know what i mean.....and you know siri dont you??? many calling centers wont last for 1 decade if things go right......how indians can survive then???? better try finding some sollutions now....

China's 1 Child policy is too stupid.

For India, a possible solution is "Max 2 Children" policy with civil incentives & penalties

Eg: Any couple with more than 2 children looses ration card and govt subsidies. Any couple with only 1 child or an adopted child gets bumped up for social welfare etc. System is easy to implement via a scoring system very similar to the credit rating of each individual.
1 1 child policy has its pros and cons indeed.....but its a temporary measure.....you know not something for good....

2 you under estimate some chinese bad habits.....eg if you say to all the chaozhou guys: hey.....dont pop out the 2nd kid otherwise you will be charged and lose all your social insurance.....many of them will tell you: shut the ---- up.....we dont need social insurance we dont care if charged we only need more kids..........what to do about it???you tell me.......

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
1 1 child policy has its pros and cons indeed.....but its a temporary measure.....you know not something for good....

2 you under estimate some chinese bad habits.....eg if you say to all the chaozhou guys: hey.....dont pop out the 2nd kid otherwise you will be charged and lose all your social insurance.....many of them will tell you: shut the ---- up.....we dont need social insurance we dont care if charged we only need more kids..........what to do about it???you tell me.......
That's the freedom of choice. Govt can't bear the cost of extra children via subsidies, but if an individual can bear the cost, then go right ahead and reproduce!

huaxia rox

well i know what you mean......

but 1 of the major arguments for 1 child policy is you have to make a choice.......to make people already there better off or to make people unborn survive and come to the world and then all the people maybe live in mess oneday??? they think the 1st one is a bit better if you have to make a choice......you know.....1.3billion people already a mess to some extent.....if its 130 million people in prc i think no one will have to adopt this painstaking 1 child policy.....

besides many abortions now a days were not due to 1 child policy but girls (or the couple) dont think they should have the baby so aborted.......

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
One Child policy was good for China.

Now, that things have stabilised, they will go in for more children.

besides many abortions now a days were not due to 1 child policy but girls (or the couple) dont think they should have the baby so aborted.......
This is causing social issues!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles