Can India do to Sri Lanka what Russia did to Ukraine ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladder

Country flag
This will be the most sucidicle thing any SL politician can do. Once the jobless Indians piling up on SL there will be no place for any Sri Lankan to live or do work. Besides those Indians will spoil SL beauty that we have protected for centuries.

So count me on this. This will never happen.
You Sri Lanakan's then in that scenario can jump into Indian Ocean which we Indians with all respect will rename to Sri Lanka Ocean in remembrance to your sacrifices :rofl::rofl:

HeinzGud

Country flag
You Sri Lanakan's then in that scenario can jump into Indian Ocean which we Indians with all respect will rename to Sri Lanka Ocean in remembrance to your sacrifices :rofl::rofl:
Yeah right..................! :p

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
India cant do such because India is not permanent member of UNO, Russia is, just bring any proposal against Russia, Russia will veto it. To do such thing we need to keep 1 permanent UNO member always like we did on 1971.

Where and when?:frusty:

Akhand Bharat is only solution of Subcontinent.:truestory: Religious conversion started the problem, religious conversion will end. Pakistan and Bangladesh should convert to Hinduism and Buddhism.
So esteemed member @Waffen SS vehemently opposes Crimea holding a referendum and rejoining Russia and suggests that all ethnic Russian Ukrainian citizens should be deported, but says India should take back pak, BD, etc (which no popular vote will ever make possible) and reconvert them to Hinduism :lol: oh the hypocrisy.
@SajeevJino : Judging from your stand on the Crimea issue, I would take that you have no problem in SLs trying to suppress Tamil culture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
So esteemed member @Waffen SS vehemently opposes Crimea holding a referendum and rejoining Russia and suggests that all ethnic Russian Ukrainian citizens should be deported, but says India should take back pak, BD, etc (which no popular vote will ever make possible) and reconvert them to Hinduism :lol: oh the hypocrisy.
@SajeevJino : Judging from your stand on the Crimea issue, I would take that you have no problem in SLs trying to suppress Tamil culture.
India cannot and should not copy Russia.

There is no requirement to do so.

The idea, propagated by some, of taking back Pak, BD etc etc, is ridiculous if one see the issue in real terms, politically as also militarily.

Reconversion? Using tricks like the Nazis?

Impossible!

Let us remain in the realm of reality and not kite flying!

Reactions: Neo

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
This will be the most sucidicle thing any SL politician can do. Once the jobless Indians piling up on SL there will be no place for any Sri Lankan to live or do work. Besides those Indians will spoil SL beauty that we have protected for centuries.

So count me on this. This will never happen.
Jobless Indians spilling into SL?

That is a very amusing story!

Who the Dickens would want to learn Singhalese, the sole recognised language, which is one of the bone of contention with the SL Tamils.

And why are there so many SL people emigrating to Europe and Australia if SL was the paradise, there was no discrimination and overflowing in jobs?

What's so beautiful about SL that is not in abundance in India?

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
India cannot and should not copy Russia.

There is no requirement to do so.

The idea of taking back Pak, BD etc etc, is ridiculous if one see the issue in real terms, politically as also militarily.

Reconversion? Using tricks like the Nazis?

Impossible!
It was not my idea, sir (I am opposed to it, not on silly moral grounds but because it isn't practical.) @Waffen SS believes it is the panacea to India's problems and must be done.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
It was not my idea, sir (I am opposed to it, not on silly moral grounds but because it isn't practical.) @Waffen SS believes it is the panacea to India's problems and must be done.
Our areas lost to Islamic imperialism must be taken back but this view makes sense if one loves one's identity and civilization. In terms of practice, it is next to impossible. We better had never give up Gandhara, Panchanad and Sindhu Sauvira to ghazis.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I know and that is why I wrote to you - The idea, propagated by some, of taking back Pak, BD etc etc, is ridiculous if one see the issue in real terms, politically as also militarily.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Our areas lost to Islamic imperialism must be taken back but this view makes sense if one loves one's identity and civilization. In terms of practice, it is next to impossible. We better had never give up Gandhara, Panchanad and Sindhu Sauvira to ghazis.
Our ancestors should have been smart enough to recognize threats. Now talking about taking back pak and reconverting people there after all these centuries, is meaningless unless you plan on mass genocide of paks.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I see your Sri Lanka and raise you my Mumbai. This single city has double the GDP (nominal) of your entire country. So trust me, our youth will go to our cities for jobs. Your youth may get a crack at our cities, too. There are five other cities with around $100 billion GDP (nominal).

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Our ancestors should have been smart enough to recognize threats. Now talking about taking back pak and reconverting people there after all these centuries, is meaningless unless you plan on mass genocide of paks.
I was talking about early 1900s when the jehadis numbered just 65 pc in Bangladesh and 75 in Pakistan as these figures can be drastically changed by propaganda, having high fertility rate, migration from India and lowering fertility rate of other side. Had our leaders followed these things before 1940, we would have never lost these areas.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
For arguement sake let us discuss this likely scenario

1 We can NOT annex entire Sri Lanka Even Russia has ONLY annexed Crimea and Nothing more

2 At the most we can take North Eastern part for re settling Tamil refugees

3 Now what happens next Will SL take it lying down

SL will immediately invite Chinese And Pakis to establish missile ; air and naval bases

And since we will be doing this for our Tamil brothers
we will have to face SIMILAR demands to give FREEDOM to Kashmiri Muslims

As they say what is good for the goose is good for the gander

So guys please dont ROCK the Boat

We have established Control in Kashmir after spending a LOT of Blood and Treasure

Dont throw it away
Pakistan and china are simple toothless tigers in srilanka with no navy worth the name.

And considering that the present srilankan govt is driving tamil refugees to western countries and west is so displeased with them, it is the right time for india to do.

Nuclear weapons are much bigger than any Un veto power and russians will back us since srilanka is not going to offer tham any strategic advantage than india does now.

but we need political leadership with balls to do that.

but the problem is rajapakse is doing everything under the instructions from sonia regime in delhi.

Under continuous pounding from US pak still held on to their taliban card, it is a pity that indian govt is tooping so low in disowning a valuable strategic card all for the personal vengance of one dynastic family which murdered srilankan tamils by the thousands with no strategic aim.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Pakistan and china are simple toothless tigers in srilanka with no navy worth the name.

And considering that the present srilankan govt is driving tamil refugees to western countries and west is so displeased with them, it is the right time for india to do.

Nuclear weapons are much bigger than any Un veto power and russians will back us since srilanka is not going to offer tham any strategic advantage than india does now.

but the problem is rajapakse is doing everything under the instructions from sonia regime in delhi.

Under continuous pounding from US pak still held on to their taliban card, it is a pity that indian govt is tooping so low in disowning a valuable strategic card all for the personal vengance of one dynastic family which murdered srilankan tamils by the thousands with no strategic aim.
India can easily put Rajapakshe in his place but will not do so.

nirranj

Country flag

Absolutely Yes.

To Add, Any chinese Naval flotilla trying to come to SL will have to come under the eyes of our Andaman Tri Service command.

India will have two strategically important Natural harbours of Thirikonamalai (Trincomalee) and Kankesanthurai for basing our Naval assets.

Many important targets in the west coast of SL are within the range of the Pinaka2 system. The Tanjavur AFB and Sulur AFB's with their SU30MKIs and the INS Rajali with its LRMR aircrafts are more than necessary to counter any foreign presence in the SL.

A Separate Tamil Eelam is in India's Favor and India's Moral realm and is India's Cultural Extension...

We need a political brass that will have the natural feeling on this cultural extension and the urge to preserve it from Annihilation.

Waffen SS

Bro, PM me I will tell you, why I think Religious Re-conversion is only option.

Pakistan and Bangladesh belonged to India, was part of India, did you forget 1947 Partition?

As for Sri Lanka issue is mentioned, I think India should have followed any single policy, instead of multiple. At first India helped Tamil fighters, when they became too powerful sent Indian army, then became neutral when SL began to win, then supported SL secretly. :wtf:

Either way we should have helped only Tamils or Sinhalese, instead of 2 faced policy.

Armed Tamil rebellion started because India supported them.

More ever we are not sure that are people of Northern Sri Lanka really want India or not? Unlike Crimea where Russian speaking Crimeans support Unification with Russia.:)

But as for present situation SL is friend of India.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Bro, PM me I will tell you, why I think Religious Re-conversion is only option.

Pakistan and Bangladesh belonged to India, was part of India, did you forget 1947 Partition?

As for Sri Lanka issue is mentioned, I think India should have followed any single policy, instead of multiple. At first India helped Tamil fighters, when they became too powerful sent Indian army, then became neutral when SL began to win, then supported SL secretly. :wtf:

Either way we should have helped only Tamils or Sinhalese, instead of 2 faced policy.

Armed Tamil rebellion started because India supported them.

More ever we are not sure that are people of Northern Sri Lanka really want India or not? Unlike Crimea where Russian speaking Crimeans support Unification with Russia.:)

But as for present situation SL is friend of India.
Okay dude, pm me. Let me hear it. I was just pointing out the non-practicality of re-conversion.
Also in the post I was wondering why you were saying that Pak should be re-united with India but Russia can't do the same thing with Crimea and E.Ukraine (which were part of Russia and in the case of Crimea a legal referendum has shown the desire of the Crimeans.)

shashi

India has successfully faced sanctions before in much more difficult times. Pak and China coming to SL's aid is never going to happen. Besides we can show it as a humanitarian cause as the SL isnt exactly the toast of the west right now with new information about the atrocities by the SL armed forces leaking out on a regular basis.

amoy

Sri Lanka will rise like Singapore :thumb:

China is Sri Lanka's biggest source of foreign direct investment (FDI) as well as providing development loans for projects such as the $500 million new Colombo Port Terminal, Hambantota Port, Sri Lanka's first four-lane expressway, and a new National Theatre, among others. These lucrative benefits for Sri Lanka have played a pivotal role in building the current relationship.

The recent commitment from Sri Lanka to join the Maritime Silk Road (MSR) indicates the proximity of the two states' strategic aspirations and is a reflection of the assimilation of national interests. The Indian Ocean ports of Gwadar in Pakistan, Hambantota in Sri Lanka and Chittagong in Bangladesh have all benefited from Chinese investment and account for 30 percent of global trade, according to Indian Ocean Rim Association.

The MSR is a vital strategic project for China in the Indian Ocean, and will increase China's presence in South Asian shipping routes. Sri Lanka can be seen as a gateway port up the western coast of India and further west to Iran, a vital exporter of oil to China. The brand new port of Hambantota, 85 percent of it paid for with a Chinese loan, is located on the south of the island, historically not a traditional shipping route. However, it is the perfect location to meet the strategic objectives of the MSR.

Supplementing the impact of economic relations, the political consequences of this month's United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) decision over the U.S.-led resolution that calls for an independent investigation into the end of the Sri Lankan civil war could be significant. The Indian External Affairs Minister Salman Kurshid delivered a warning to Sri Lanka, calling on it to find "possible ways to avoid an hostile attitude towards people and countries that matter."

In face of these Western-led accusations, Sri Lanka have found a political ally in China through a shared policy of non-interference in internal affairs. This translates as China's view that issues in relation to human rights are the prerogative of the sovereign state to deal with internally. China's soft power in Sri Lanka will grow, almost unintentionally, if Colombo's disenfranchisement with the West continues over the matter of an independent investigation.
Sri Lanka's Growing Links with China | The Diplomat

HeinzGud

Country flag
@HeinzGud

SL is India's friend . We respect your sovereignity and territorial integrity PROVIDED
you dont get into bed with Pakis and Chinese

Once that happens all bets are off
I believe India was Sri Lanka's friend. Not anymore. All of that changed because of the civil war. India has slowly being polarized towards the Tamilnadu demands whether they are right or wrong. So we too needed to find some powerful friend to counter that. And we did.

So I thinks all the bets are off right now. Current government of Sri Lanka is more incline towards the national interests rather than Indian interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles